Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I was at that 4-1 Partick game. 4-1 flattered us.

Obviously I want to see us win and do well, but I and most other Pars fans are in a bit of dichotomy with that. If we win we give ourselves a chance of being in the play-offs ergo the board more than likely sticking with Crawford another season. I just can’t force myself to watch us next season if that happens.

If we finish 4th we’ll get absolutely shagged out the play-offs.

Watching us is so boring that I think I've decided just not to bother watching anything more this season. It's just not worth it.
When we were scraping wins at the start of the season it was fine, I'd be satisfied with any win, but bland AND ineffective? Nope.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Watching us is so boring that I think I've decided just not to bother watching anything more this season. It's just not worth it.
When we were scraping wins at the start of the season it was fine, I'd be satisfied with any win, but bland AND ineffective? Nope.

Yeah, good luck with that. Its a disease and you have it. 

That's the centenary club lifeline player of the year awards now taking your picks. Went for Comrie for player of the year (Mr Consistent) and Edwards for young player of the year. Goal of the season was a tough one between Murray's thunderb*stard free-kicks and Wighton's chip against Dundee. Went for Wighton's chip as it was just sheer ridiculousness the skill involved to do that, and the fact he is contracted to the club, which is petty but f*ck it.

Hard picking one out and out player tbh. I would have chose Wilson but he hasn't featured as much as Comrie. He's getting my vote purely for being reliable and consistent. 

Edited by DAFC.

POTY comrie

YPOTY Wilson(I was surprised he qualified but given he was in contention for POTY he completely deserves it.

GOTY.  Comrie.  Party because he is one of the shining lights of this season but it was a great goal, it’s a damming incitement of this season that from 8 goals they can’t find a team effort and I can’t think of one that’s missing. F.murray free kicks Joint  2nd place. 

I went Comrie, Wilson and Comrie again.

Absolutely scunnered with the football and look forward to the new season kicking off in a few months.

Also doesn't look like the sponsor event will go ahead again this year so will be in touch with the folk that chipped in to sponsor the training shirt when I have more details.

And finally it's a new membership year for the Pars Supporters Trust as the new consortium come in the Trust will be arguably more important than when Pars United CIC ran the show, feel free to drop me a PM if you're not already a member and interested in joining from £20 a year. :)

No chance we’re making play offs. Crawford isn’t capable of managing the team well enough to make up that 1 point gap. If anything, it’ll increase. Another shambolic performance tonight. More tactical howlers. Wighton got 10 mins up front because we stuck with O’Hara and McManus through the middle - a combination that hasn’t worked, despite several attempts at it.

Crawford doesn’t seem to know how to set a team up to try and win. We need wins, so it just won’t happen.

We have no central midfield.

We can only defend and punt to the strikers, as there is no midfield to build attacks through. 

The management have allowed a situation to arise where we don't have a midfield. Not a bad midfield, no....we actually don't have a midfield.

There you go Stevie, I've underlined it for you. Very basic element of creating a football team.

On 10/04/2021 at 19:32, CallumPar said:

I thought the 7-1 Hearts game we went 2-4-4 very early on, which is why it was such a heavy defeat (and could/should have been heavier). As I say, that’s an example of going too attacking, which is the opposite of what we tend to see from Crawford. Sure we brought on Bullen and another striker after about 25 minutes. Could be wrong though.

I remember that Hearts match  -  fairly sure we were 2-2-6, before the end!