Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Not reactive.The last 30 minutes were far from impressive, so it's another game when we can't play well for much more than one half.  That's the best we can hope for these days.

Seen more than enough of Crawford's team to come to a conclusion. The team is boring to watch and has been pretty much since he arrived as manager.

His lack of management ability is wasting good budgets. If you are quite happy backing a manager that offers nothing but mid-table finishes and dull football, then crack on. I believe Pars can do much better than that.

Hearts clearly bucked up their ideas and put on Naismith about then. 

Totally ridiculous to base your ramblings on the last 30 mins of football against the league leaders.

Crawford obviously has his flaws and the Dundee and Raith games were sore for everyone to take and I think none moreso than Crawford going by his post match comments. But that said the season isn't finished yet and as unlikely as it is 3rd even 2nd isn't an impossibility and if that happens I'm sure Crawford will be here next season but of course the German director of football will be over a fair bit more to help and oversee.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hearts clearly bucked up their ideas and put on Naismith about then. 

Totally ridiculous to base your ramblings on the last 30 mins of football against the league leaders.

Crawford obviously has his flaws and the Dundee and Raith games were sore for everyone to take and I think none moreso than Crawford going by his post match comments. But that said the season isn't finished yet and as unlikely as it is 3rd even 2nd isn't an impossibility and if that happens I'm sure Crawford will be here next season but of course the German director of football will be over a fair bit more to help and oversee.

Can assure you I base my options on the two and half season of having him as manager. Not the underwhelming last 30 minutes of Saturday. You can't play like that for 30 mins and call it a good performance. Maybe was a good half, but we've seen that numerous times. Sounds like it was an improvement on recent embarrassments but that's not going to cut it for me. I've seen enough over a long period of time.

Mediocre dull football. It's not just the Rovers & Dundee shambles either. His shit bag tactics are the reason I want a change. Look at the mess of the team every time we try something as basic as playing two up front. 

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Can assure you I base my options on the two and half season of having him as manager. Not the underwhelming last 30 minutes of Saturday. You can't play like that for 30 mins and call it a good performance. Maybe was a good half, but we've seen that numerous times. Sounds like it was an improvement on recent embarrassments but that's not going to cut it for me. I've seen enough over a long period of time.

Mediocre dull football. It's not just the Rovers & Dundee shambles either. His shit bag tactics are the reason I want a change. Look at the mess of the team every time we try something as basic as playing two up front. 

I thought we looked assured and we'll organised on Saturday and there were two players up front more McManus behind OHara but still.

I think that's the thing with Crawford and any young/ inexperienced manager and management team they will make mistakes and learn on the job I guess it comes down to how often people are willing for them to make mistakes. When Crawford gets it right it's good entertaining football, however we do it far to infrequently and do look naive away from home this year especially.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

I thought we looked assured and we'll organised on Saturday and there were two players up front more McManus behind OHara but still.

I think that's the thing with Crawford and any young/ inexperienced manager and management team they will make mistakes and learn on the job I guess it comes down to how often people are willing for them to make mistakes. When Crawford gets it right it's good entertaining football, however we do it far to infrequently and do look naive away from home this year especially.

Crawford is 47 and he managed East Fife over 10 years ago. He's been 2 and half years in this job. Not sure he can get away with the young and inexperienced tag.

If he's still making ''mistakes'' on the level of the Rovers game at this age and number of years in coaching then I'm not sure he will ever learn.

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Crawford is 47 and he managed East Fife over 10 years ago. He's been 2 and half years in this job. Not sure he can get away with the young and inexperienced tag.

If he's still making ''mistakes'' on the level of the Rovers game at this age and number of years in coaching then I'm not sure he will ever learn.

I hope he can learn but just over 140 games in charge he's not hugely experienced. And his coaching team is even less so.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Good luck to the club selling season tickets if Crawford is in charge next season.

I don't think it will put many folk off. The club sold nearly 3000 tickets with little prospect of there being a game to get into. Sometimes fans are too good at putting money in I think.

Just now, 101 said:

I hope he can learn but just over 140 games in charge he's not hugely experienced. And his coaching team is even less so.

I don't think it will put many folk off. The club sold nearly 3000 tickets with little prospect of there being a game to get into. Sometimes fans are too good at putting money in I think.

I think he's shown he can't learn.

Surprise ld they sold that many! Any idea what the final figure was? I definitely think too many folk are wanting Crawford gone now for it to not have an effect. There was no way back for him after the derby defeat.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think he's shown he can't learn.

Surprise ld they sold that many! Any idea what the final figure was? I definitely think too many folk are wanting Crawford gone now for it to not have an effect. There was no way back for him after the derby defeat.

I'm sure I saw over 2700 which is incredible. But can't find the exact figure.

I don't know anyone who normally buys one who isn't going to renew but that's a fairly small devoted selection.

Guest Axle Grease
10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I agree with that. 

Our Chairman said this was a gamble of an appointment. A considered decision for all the right reasons, but a gamble none the less. 

It's not working out for me. The football is uninspiring, too cautious, no confidence, players seemingly not sure of their jobs. I just don't see that a draw against Hearts changes anything after the Rovers debacle.

Even if we now went on a miraculous winning spree till the end of the season, Stevie won't take us forward as a team. I don't think he's got that capability, and you know, I wish I was wrong on that, because I like the guy. But we need a change of Manager. 

Dropping points away to Ayr on Saturday (draw at best IMO) and then getting horsed at home to Dundee mid-week, whilst ICT hit good form at the right time, should ultimately doom us to mid-table obscurity. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Dropping points away to Ayr on Saturday (draw at best IMO) and then getting horsed at home to Dundee mid-week, whilst ICT hit good form at the right time, should ultimately doom us to mid-table obscurity. 

That could put us in a fight to avoid the playoff at the bottom.

It would take something quite extraordinary for us to finish 9th. It would have to be even crazier than when we nearly ended up there 2 years ago. 

I just don't see us making the grade. Confidence will be at an all-time low, an inept manager, dreadful away form etc. Isn't a good mix going in to the sharp end of the season. 

Can see us getting the odd draw here and there but we'll probably finish 5th. The way the fixtures land, everyone will be taking points off each other so we'll not drop too far down and likely finish only a point or two (or even a goal or two) outside the top 4. Which will be a colossal failure of a season btw.