Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Earlier in the season, Stevie Crawford got rid of the GK coach to allow OFW to assume the role.  However, not having someone who is "independent" overseeing the GK position, it is OFW who is calling the shots.  Wonder how Cammy Gill feels about his chances of getting a start after the shitshow from the No1/coach on Tuesday ??

SC has to go sooner than later and an experienced manager brought in to salvage a play-off place this season and to take the Pars forward for next season.

He is 100% being given until the end of the season now. I am extremely disappointed the BoD did not take immediate action. They should be held accountable once this season ends in complete disaster. A change is needed now, as I have no idea where our next points are coming from. Hearts, despite being possibly a bigger laughing stock than us, are comfortably a better team, and should win on Saturday with some room to spare. Arbroath and Alloa are scrapping for their lives at the bottom and will be solid to play against, as proven the previous games. QoS are on the up and playing with confidence. They also done something we simply cannot do: win at Tynecastle. Dundee comfortably beat us last weekend even when 2-0 down after 5 minutes and it should have been more. No idea how we pick up anything against them after that. Ayr also have the threat of potential relegation and they’ll be bursting their balls to get as much points as possible and Somerset has been a pretty poor place for us the past few seasons.

I have no idea where we will pick points up in these remaining fixtures.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I'm possibly going to get shot down here but it's been a narrative that's been allowed to grow arms and legs. "This squad should be challenging hearts" etc etc.

This team is just about at the sum of its parts. Not one player (Whittaker aside) has performed at a higher level in their career. Team filled with loanees. Crawford maybe has an eye for a player but he isn't without his dud signings either.

We've a decent enough spine to the team for next season but it 100% needs tweaked and that includes the coaching staff.

I was just thinking that.  Looking through your squad it absolutely screams Championship.  Struggling to find guys that have performed in the Premiership beyond Whittaker. Or even played in it.

Edit - One or two more may have played a season in the Premiership, I'd have to check Wiki, but there's no one in that squad who screams 'Jesus he's dropped down a level, he's played in the Premiership for years'.

Edited by TheScarf

It does, but I do think a few of our players could step up given the right amount of experience around them. Most notably Watson, Comrie and Wilson. Possibly Wighton, haven't seen enough of him to judge yet, also the same for Naujas-Skerla.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

It does, but I do think a few of our players could step up given the right amount of experience around them. Most notably...Comrie...

738848477_924bqhmcvzg51(1).thumb.jpg.debc4a431c6e1d88f0e1b80d598fc771.jpg

We 100% need a new goalkeeper. He can take a backseat and be the coach/reserve goalkeeper, which is fine, but we desperately need a stronger man in there. It’s just sheer basics that have gone out the window from our defence but OFW has been making basic errors the whole time he has been at the club.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

We 100% need a new goalkeeper. He can take a backseat and be the coach/reserve goalkeeper, which is fine, but we desperately need a stronger man in there. It’s just sheer basics that have gone out the window from our defence but OFW has been making basic errors the whole time he has been at the club.

So the question would be is OFW’s contract suitable (cost wise) to him sitting back in the coaches role and allowing another keeper to start? Gill had a decent 6-2-2 last year in League, but the only real challenge he faced and won was versus Dundee, so is he ready to start...or, better put, would he possibly engender a better performance from the player in front of him than OFW. I’d suggest he might from the muttering that was going on during the pumping Tuesday, and as long as the saviors from the continent are sanguine keeping OFW’s salary on the bench, starting Gill would probably be a good shout.

It does also beg the question of if Gill should be considered next year’s starter, or if another keeper should be signed to at least compete for the spot for next year. On the other hand, would benching OFW possibly be the end of Crawford, and is they why he’s still starting?

If you are Gill you must be wondering what has to happen for him to get another chance. 

Would Gill have saved THAT shot on Tuesday? Yes, he would. 

I'd stick him in. Nowt to lose. 

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Definitely. Any good spells he has are utterly cancelled out by his howlers.

There could be a pretty amusing compilation put together of his howlers this season. There's been a lot of them!

That’s me out until this board are away. Truly remarkable they can stand by the diddy after that. Get the feeling if there were fans in right now they’d be rolling out the chat about mental health etc again. Doesn’t wash anymore, f**k them. 

Just to clarify I’m not belittling mental health but I’m certainly never going to advocate it as an excuse to be pish at football/managing for four months straight. 

Edited by All-Star-Par

Guest Axle Grease
10 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

That’s me out until this board are away. Truly remarkable they can stand by the diddy after that. Get the feeling if there were fans in right now they’d be rolling out the chat about mental health etc again. Doesn’t wash anymore, f**k them. 

Just to clarify I’m not belittling mental health but I’m certainly never going to advocate it as an excuse to be pish at football/managing for four months straight. 

You want the Board away?, what a magnificent meltdown.