Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I bet when Murray plays in a competent team with someone experienced beside him he'll do fine.

Happens with so many players and, once again, people refuse to understand how big a role confidence and morale has with players.

Could be wrong of course and he'll be pish, but the point about confidence and morale stands and I don't understand why so many football fans seem to be blind to it or, worse, claim it has no effect.

That's not to say that some players can't have a shite game or that some genuinely have chucked it, but the number who 'chuck it' is never anywhere near what some would have you believe.

Edited by DA Baracus

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What is Crawford saying after those two defeats? Just the usual managerial nonsense?

He gave a long monotone reflection like he was taking a funeral service. Gave Rovers no credit, just repeating that his team's performance was unacceptible. It's on Dunfermline's website.

4 hours ago, JFPar said:

This. As much as it would please me to have Stephen Robinson at Dunfermline it's not going to happen. Nearly spat my tea out when I realised he had his own thread on dotnet this morning.

Serves you right for reading the utter drivel on .net 

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I bet when Murray plays in a competent team with someone experienced beside him he'll do fine.

He's exactly the same as Ashcroft decent middling championship CH that can raise slightly beyond that with a good partnership in defence.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Glad we have him for next season tbh. Last night just showed how bad we are without him. Not saying we would have won with him but f*ck me the basics were non-existent.

The 'basics' not being completed by him was the reason Ashcroft was so dominant in the game before tbf.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There is absolutely no way Euan Murray is anything approaching good enough for any side in the top 6 of the Premiership.

Reminds me of Ashcroft - when things were going well he was getting rave reviews but if you watch him closely (as I said before we signed Ashcroft) he's pretty shite. 

Reminds me of Ashcroft - when things were going well he was getting rave reviews but if you watch him closely (as I said before we signed Ashcroft) he's pretty shite. 

Would agree with this. Similar weaknesses (concentration, tracking runners, ball watching, unnecessary panic), but would trust him to get his head on the end of a cross - something Watson was unable to do at defensive corners on Saturday!

Ashcroft absolutely destroyed Watson at every set piece on Saturday, similar to Murray against everyone early in the season. Not sure why we stuck with the same man marking him until he scored/Watson went off. There were so many warnings before Ashcroft’s header that led to the equaliser, never mind Ashcroft’s winning goal. Crawford’s mentioned before that teams now double up on Murray at corners, but he couldn’t work out we had to do that to Ashcroft on Saturday.

That being said, we were clearly absolutely horrific at defending from open play last night which is a different issue. The full back 4 and keeper need to take responsibility for that. None of them hit any sort of standard that is acceptable. No matter how well Raith played (and they played very well), we should not be giving them, or anyone, so much freedom.

Murray was good for us in League One, and I was disappointed when he left, but he was more of a utility player than a standout first pick for the centre of defence. He played across the back line for us and (if I remember rightly) at least once in a holding midfield role.

He was 7 or 8/10 every week, wherever he played. Never a disaster, but with clear weaknesses. I'd take him back at the Rovers, but I think he'd slot in as the third best central defender. You could make the argument that he's better than Benedictus, but on the last few months showing he'd definitely be behind Musonda. 

Talk of a move to a much bigger club seems very premature. It seemed to stem from paper talk when he was scoring goals earlier in the season and I'd be surprised if anyone outside of the bottom two or three Premiership clubs had sustained an interest. 

I'd have thought the most logical move for him would be staying where he is or getting a sideways-ish move to somewhere like Dundee to pick up some extra money, and hope for a title challenge next year. 

The Championship looks like his level, and I think to get a proper look in at Premiership level he'll need to make himself key to a title winning defence and go up with the team. Of the two, I'd rather have Watson. While he might not be as dominant in the air, he's a much better all round centre half. 

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Silence is deafening from our club just now. Not a fucking peep on social media since that debacle ended last night.

Probably a good thing. As much as we're all hoping for that announcement it's unlikely it'll come. So if they can't say that I'd rather they posted nothing, especially not a highlights package.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Serves you right for reading the utter drivel on .net 

Indeed

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Silence is deafening from our club just now. Not a fucking peep on social media since that debacle ended last night.

I’m not sure what you expect to happen,  when we win they naturally push highlights, gifs of goals etc.  They have nothing to work with today, silence is the only option. 

So what actually happened with Turner? I've not read a clear account. As some of you have mentioned, you have a midfield made up of loanees. Turner, for me, was / is a real prospect, and I don't remember him being slaughtered for any catastrophes. Not saying he would have made a difference last night but it shone a light on a good non-loanee player being somewhere else, a la Vaughan at Dumbarton.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

So what actually happened with Turner? I've not read a clear account. As some of you have mentioned, you have a midfield made up of loanees. Turner, for me, was / is a real prospect, and I don't remember him being slaughtered for any catastrophes. Not saying he would have made a difference last night but it shone a light on a good non-loanee player being somewhere else, a la Vaughan at Dumbarton.

Anyone who knows is rightly not going to say.