Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can see the board sticking it out with Crawford for the remainder of the season. Hopefully Stevie does the right thing and walks away. It’s beyond a joke now. I’m just glad it is a shortened season as we are getting to Raith with Gary Locke/Yogi Hughes levels of arse-collapsing now.

Think the fans’ choice would most definitely be Stewart Petrie, but that would involve the whole headache of contracts being bought out and all the fallout that comes with it. It’s believed he has a good full-time job outside football, but if there is one team he would take a chance at going full-time with, it’s got to be us.

If Petrie is unavailable, and we’re starting to look at people that are out of contract, then Stuart Kettlewell could be an ideal candidate. Stephen Robinson would be an outstanding appointment, but I think he’ll command too high a wage and will possibly be holding out for a Premiership team or something down south. But then again, given the current climate we’re in, people like him might just be desperate for work with a decent enough wage.

I don't get the folk saying that there is no point changing now. We aren't going up through the play offs but at least getting there would generate some additional income, show to potential new players that we should be challenging next season, give the fans something to look forward to come season ticket time... at the moment under Crawford we aren't even making the play offs so bring a new guy in to try and get a couple of wins (maybe even an away win?) and see what happens. Surely?

4 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

McGlynn has learned from that and now prefers a different style of play to his first stint with us and then Hearts. I'd have him before Nielson any day.

Of course, McGlynn will know more about coaching and managing now than he did back then. 

I don't get the folk saying that there is no point changing now. We aren't going up through the play offs but at least getting there would generate some additional income, show to potential new players that we should be challenging next season, give the fans something to look forward to come season ticket time... at the moment under Crawford we aren't even making the play offs so bring a new guy in to try and get a couple of wins (maybe even an away win?) and see what happens. Surely?

He has to go now. There is no debating it. Last night was 100% a sackable offence. The board might see it differently as Crawford is “one of the lads” but fan pressure will surely trump any hesitation on the board’s part. We’ve been on a decline since November and last night just compounds it further. That was up there with one of the most embarrassing results and performances I’ve had the misfortune to witness. 7th in League 1 after getting destroyed 5 (or was it 6?)-1 off Stranraer, 5-0 scudding at home to Hamilton Accies season 07/08 and last night are all up there for me as the worst I’ve ever seen.

Kettlewell had a massive budget at County and had them bottom of the league.  He’s a youth coach who got handed the job due to McGregor’s player retirement jobs-for-life-at-the-club program.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Kettlewell had a massive budget at County and had them bottom of the league.  He’s a youth coach who got handed the job due to McGregor’s player retirement jobs-for-life-at-the-club program.

Love the shouts that go about.

Stephen Robinson is my favourite just now. Left Motherwell saying he had become disillusioned at 3rd in the top flight/cup runs being all the success he can manage, yet he's somehow about to rock up at a mid table Championship side.

7 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:
8 hours ago, DAFC. said:
Change of manager needs to happen now. There is no way Crawford can keep his job after that tonight.

Leishman saved us with 3 games to go in 2005. Things CAN be turned around, but it would take something quite spectacular. I’m more hoping a new man comes in soon to start getting the wheels in motion for a proper go at it next season.

You have one of the best squads in the league. They're just criminally under utilised. If I was in your shoes, I'd be looking for Crawford gone and Petrie in.

I know times are hard down at EEP but I don’t think they’ll be going part time yet.

Think we're as well handing manager recruitment over to the Germans. They are our future and the current guys on the board have made poor decisions since promotion 5 years ago.  Just not on that we are still hanging around mid table 5 years on with the decent budgets that have been squandered on poor management. 

The Pars won't come up against a performance like that again for a while. An absolute pumping from beginning to end. 

I couldn't believe the amount of time and space Crawford afforded us in the middle of the pitch. Most of our midfielders would stroll into any team in this league and a fair number in the league above yet he's invited them to get comfortable on the ball and pass the heid aff his side. 

He simply had no response to SJM's tactics and excellent coaching and I can fully understand why most Dunfermline supporters want him gone ASAP. 

The tactics from Crawford were laughable last night.  When we have played well this season, it has been down to Hendry dictating things.  Giving him that much time and space, and not rectifying it until 4-1 down, was absolute madness.

Compare that to the game at EEP, whilst Hendry was absent, Dunfermline absolutely bullied us.  

You won't be in danger of finishing 9th as too many teams will take points off each other, but the form is not good. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

The tactics from Crawford were laughable last night.  When we have played well this season, it has been down to Hendry dictating things.  Giving him that much time and space, and not rectifying it until 4-1 down, was absolute madness.

Compare that to the game at EEP, whilst Hendry was absent, Dunfermline absolutely bullied us.  

You won't be in danger of finishing 9th as too many teams will take points off each other, but the form is not good. 

I'd be worried if it was a longer season, but we've attained enough points to see us at least finish 8th, given what you've said about teams taking points off each other. Kinda similar to the Rovers under Locke where they started the season well then totally fell to pieces. 

I can understand it if we have a shite team, but on paper, this should be a team that should be brilliant to watch and be competitive at the very top. Bad management is clearly costing us. 

I thought Raith Rovers were excellent.

Dunfermline all over the place, manager clutching at straws, but it was the best performance we've seen in opposition this season.

Loanees have long been an irritation of mine. Over reliant to the extreme this season. 5 out of 11 (6 really but I'll discount Wighton). They can help plug gaps throughout the season but if a team is starting games with a midfield completely compiled of loanees I reckon that's a strong indicator of poor management.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Love the shouts that go about.

Stephen Robinson is my favourite just now. Left Motherwell saying he had become disillusioned at 3rd in the top flight/cup runs being all the success he can manage, yet he's somehow about to rock up at a mid table Championship side.

This. As much as it would please me to have Stephen Robinson at Dunfermline it's not going to happen. Nearly spat my tea out when I realised he had his own thread on dotnet this morning.

48 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I thought Raith Rovers were excellent.

Dunfermline all over the place, manager clutching at straws, but it was the best performance we've seen in opposition this season.

Loanees have long been an irritation of mine. Over reliant to the extreme this season. 5 out of 11 (6 really but I'll discount Wighton). They can help plug gaps throughout the season but if a team is starting games with a midfield completely compiled of loanees I reckon that's a strong indicator of poor management.

I realise that if we were running away with 2nd place and playing well then I would probably feel different but totally agree with the loanees. WAY too many young lads who are going back to bigger clubs and with the season over I'm not sure they are bothered where The Pars end up. 

But....if Crawford was a good man manager and tactically astute those young lads would be enjoying their football and the team would be scrapping for each other. So...aye the buck stops with the Craw. 

Also, our captain is jumping ship at the end of the season....I don't like that aesthetic. 

Euan Murray lost the plot last night. He's off of course and a few of them don't give a f*ck about the club. They'd be getting pelters from the NW if fans were there. 

Crawford rightly getting it tight, but some of those players, in my eyes, couldn't give a f*ck about playing for the Pars. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

How many players are out of contract at the end of the season, and which ones?

The new manager will have some job fixing the squad over the summer. 

Comrie, Watson, Gaspuitas, MacDonald, Dow, Thomas, Wilson, O'Hara, Wighton, McManus I believe are all under contract for next season. Can't find any info on the younger lads including Gill, McCann and McGill.

I think it is a solid enough spine to have off the bat, but whoever the man coming in is has got a task on his hands to build our club back up. Hopefully with the investors having more influence next season (I believe they have a 51% stake from next season?) we can pull off a couple of marquee signings with a manager that has some decent pedigree at the helm.