Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I would probably say you have a better squad "on paper", however I think expectations of steam-rolling due to budget size, is a bit much.

Mcglynn was backed very well during the Jan transfer window, whether these were the right signings remains to be seen and is open for debate, but I do think he has been given the tools to build what is a reasonable Championship squad at worst.  

That said, giving your opposition a "run for their money" is the bare minimum that any team should expect in a derby fixture - I'd be pretty cheesed off if Mcglynn came out with that. 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Unless you are Stevie Crawford and John McGlynn is impossible to know how the 2 wage bills compare. 

I would agree that on paper we have a better squad but McGlynn can utilise his squad to perform better as a unit than they are individually and he does this better than Crawford who does this poorly

We are signing sought after guys on two/three year deals. It doesn’t take much working out to say we are spending more than Rovers are, not to mention the German money and Nisbet cash. The point about McGlynn utilising his squad better is irrelevant as the point I am making is we should be doing far better than ‘giving them a game’ considering who we have signed.

He's not going to come out, say we're shite and there's no point playing is he? 

Nobody’s asking for him to do that. But there would be nothing wrong with taking a realistic approach, along the lines of “we need to perform better than we did for the majority of the game on Saturday, if we want to win this game” and go on to explain that we need to try and match the mentality and desire of the opening 10 mins and perhaps the final 10 mins from Saturday’s game.

Comments that he keeps making seem to suggest that the performances have been decent, when they really haven’t been. It’s not unreasonable to think that comments like that might let the players think that the performances are acceptable, which could be a large part of the reason we are repeatedly getting these gutless performances. We don’t know what’s said in training/in the dressing room, but if it’s anything like his interviews then it’s no wonder we’re struggling.

17 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

We are signing sought after guys on two/three year deals. It doesn’t take much working out to say we are spending more than Rovers are, not to mention the German money and Nisbet cash. The point about McGlynn utilising his squad better is irrelevant as the point I am making is we should be doing far better than ‘giving them a game’ considering who we have signed.

Raith also have sought after players on decent length deals Hendry being the most obvious.

I don't disagree that we of course should be giving them more than a run for their money but you saying we should be steam rolling them is a complete nonsense.

Edited by 101

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Raith have a bigger squad than we do and less players on loan than we do.

DAFC 24 first team plus 6 U20

RRFC 27 first team, includes 4 young Modern Apprentices with no appearances, and an ancient player/coach keeper with none either.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Talk of stream rolling anybody is OF levels of arrogance.  

Don’t give two shits how it sounds they are our local rivals and I’d much rather go there with that mindset than Crawford meekly suggesting we will give them a run for their money. I’m sick fed up of tuning into games to see us roll over and accept 0-0s. 

49 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

It's all good Dunfermline fan's  can't wait to get the Montrose manager in to change their fortune's.

Aye 😍 that would indeed be the dream, club legend swaggers up to East End, boots the door aff the hinges, whips the team into shape and we skoosh the league. S'all an absolute gamble at this level, might work this time. 

Shall we ask in the Montrose thread what they think? Feels a bit rude...

Edited by Stoo61

15 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Dunfermline sign Christan Berra to replace Euan Murray who signs for Hibs. 😈

Hibs wanting to get papped out of Europe ASAP if Euan Murray is the limit of their ambitions. He would be fine of a team looking for squad depth in the bottom 6 but can't see him going very far beyond that.

For all that Crawford has, rightly, been praised for his signings, our entire midfield is made up of loan players, with a further loan player in defence. 5 out of the entire starting XI being loan players doesn't really help us in anything other than the short term.

Technically 6 on loan players actually when you remember that Wighton is still a Hearts player.

Edited by DA Baracus