Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If we are successful then I couldn’t give a f**k about style.  

Moaning about results or league position is fair enough.  Crawford has a job to do in that regard and if he fails at that he should be sacked.  But if we’re successful then how it’s done doesn’t matter in the slightest.
I watch football to be entertained.

If you turn up/tune in/stream down for shitfests and only concern is the result then soon you'll be watching shitfests without the result, alone, as there'll be no one else left to pay the wages.

Most of the first half today and patches of second were open and entertaining enough, but there seemed a lack of urgency and directness when we went behind.

It was no where near as bad as some games have been this season.

My biggest bugbear is that if we were more adventurous I think we have the players to entertain and cause problems for any opposition in this league, the over cautious approach is boring and can lead to results like todays.

11 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I watch football to be entertained.

If you turn up/tune in/stream down for shitfests and only concern is the result then soon you'll be watching shitfests without the result, alone, as there'll be no one else left to pay the wages.

Most of the first half today and patches of second were open and entertaining enough, but there seemed a lack of urgency and directness when we went behind.

It was no where near as bad as some games have been this season.

My biggest bugbear is that if we were more adventurous I think we have the players to entertain and cause problems for any opposition in this league, the over cautious approach is boring and can lead to results like todays.

There's simply no need to be cautious in this league.

We shat it against Dundee and went 3 down. We were then forced to attack and scored 3.

We attacked at Tynecastle and should have been ahead before we conceded. We attacked them at East End and won.

We shat it against Raith away and went 2 down. We were then forced to attack and scored 2. When we attacked them second half at East End we pumped them.

Teams in this league are overly cautious. Attacking them will, most of the time, get you results.

Hearts are stuttering to the title, but they have been lucky, as if some teams were more attacking they would be challenging for the titlem

Said a wee while ago after a midweek round when Caley lost that it was a good result for us and someone queried why would we be worried about Inverness? Well they are now only 3 points behind us (as are Queen of the South btw) and in the form we're in those 2 games in hand will count for bugger all. We could be as low as 6th in a couple of weeks time... Crawford needs to get the finger out pronto or we're going to end up outside the top 4.

I wouldn't get too bothered about the middle one of these three. We're as bad if not worse than you in our current inability to score (today's goal came as a major shock to most of us) or indeed doing anything of note in the final third. It defies all logic as to how we're in second place after the recent run of firing blanks.

43 minutes ago, embow said:

I wouldn't get too bothered about the middle one of these three. We're as bad if not worse than you in our current inability to score (today's goal came as a major shock to most of us) or indeed doing anything of note in the final third. It defies all logic as to how we're in second place after the recent run of firing blanks.

We could say the same!

57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

What has Crawford actually done to deserve the Pars job? I can remember him being an underwhelming East Fife manager, and being assistant at Hearts, and that's it. 

He was here, and the club spent the budget for the season when AJ was sacked. 

Guest Axle Grease

Not showing enough creativity and directness going forward. Lobbing high balls ffs

Use width, hit from distance more, make more direct runs, build from the back, things that we did early season.

I can't understand or pinpoint where the apparent lack of confidence came in, but the longer this goes on our chances lessen. Luckily enough it's a shite league with average teams. 

I have stood by Crawford, and for now will continue to do so, but if we continue to let ourselves down then he can look for another job for me. 

16 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
17 hours ago, CallumPar said:
I can’t work out if it’s watching on a stream rather than being at the games, but I actually find our games really really boring. I find myself losing interest in the games and almost just having it on in the background. I just can’t seem to get as ‘invested’ in the games as I usually do.

Obviously the style of play/tactics we play doesn’t help, but the whole closed doors/watching on streams experience is just awful and I can’t wait for us to be back inside stadiums again.

I've been watching via stream for 3 years and no, I don't believe it's that. When it's a good game, it's easy to stay invested. It's Dunfermline after all. The problem is that this season most of the games are boring as fck. I'm normally watching it along with playing something at the same time (NOT a euph)

See if it was a euphimism, I’d be proper impressed.  If anyone could crack one off while we were playing then fair play to them.  Watching Dunfermline right now is a hard watch. (Or not)

13 minutes ago, parsboi said:

See if it was a euphimism, I’d be proper impressed.  If anyone could crack one off while we were playing then fair play to them.  Watching Dunfermline right now is a hard watch. (Or not)

I'll start an "only fans" account and you can be my first subscriber. Could be an untapped niche market here.

What has Crawford actually done to deserve the Pars job? I can remember him being an underwhelming East Fife manager, and being assistant at Hearts, and that's it. 

He was a coach here. Season 18-19 AJ spent a fortune on utter horse shite like Aidan Connelly, Mark Durnan, Louis Longridge et al and were a bawhair away from relegation, but I wouldn’t blame Crawford for that as he was left with a total mess from AJ. With that, the board had 0 money to replace AJ with someone a bit more experienced so Crawford pretty much walked in to it as we had no other option. I think his first match was that game you pumped us out the cup, which was a total shambles. “You’re not fit to wear the shirt” was the cry that day. I don’t think a single player in that team would go on to be a regular at the Pars except Ashcroft the following season. It was a terrible squad and AJ should be lambasted for it as it set us back a good few seasons in my opinion. Crawford then had a rebuild job and he recruited excellently: Nisbet, Euan Murray, Ryan Dow, Dom Thomas. All outstanding signings. However, we never, and still don’t, look like we had a solid plan to attack teams. We were pretty much relying on Nisbet to come up with magic moments last season. With the season being curtailed, we conspired to finish 6th, behind part-timers Arbroath. That doesn’t get talked about enough btw.

Some games last season were honestly so brutal to watch. That theme from last season hasn’t changed; we’ve just been lucky at home this season in the most part. Our away form is shockingly bad and without jammy home wins, we’d be where Morton are just now. Hearts and Raith at home aside, we have been boring to watch and don’t look like we have any idea how to attack teams with the attacking talent at our disposal. Bit of a joke when Crawford was so prolific as a player.

He clearly has an eye for talent but he isn’t a manager. We need someone to take us from a stable, Championship team to genuine Premiership candidates.

5 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I think his first match was that game you pumped us out the cup, which was a total shambles.  

His first game was a 1 nil defeat away to Dundee United, if memory serves it was actually a decent performance.

We were never going to challenge Hearts with their budget. We’re now in pole position going for the play offs (due games in hand albeit against the other challengers) in the run in. If we’d have been offered this before the season started I’m pretty sure you’d all have taken it.

——-
Vytas.

If he really is to be a cult hero, we really should have a song ready to go. This tune has just been remixed and re-released…

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

There lived a special man in Lithuania long ago
He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow
Rovers defenders looked at him with terror and with fear
But to Duloch chicks he was such a lovely dear
Way he would clear the ball was a feature
Full of ecstasy and fire
But he also was the kind of creature
The fans would desire

Vytas Gašpuitis
Lover of the East End team
When he cleared the ball it really was gone
Vytas Gašpuitis
Lithuania’s stopping goals machine
On with the game now he carried on

He’ll rule East End Park for the mighty Pars
But for novichok he defended really wunderbar
Against the Faroe Islands he was the man to please
But he was real great when offside trap to squeeze
For the Craw he was now to be a leader
Cause he'd heard the things he'd done
He believed he was a great defender
Who could beat the ‘ton

Vytas Gašpuitis
Lover of the East End team
When he cleared the ball it really was gone
Vytas Gašpuitis
Lithuania’s stopping goals machine
On with the game now he carried on

We were never going to challenge Hearts with their budget. We’re now in pole position going for the play offs (due games in hand albeit against the other challengers) in the run in. If we’d have been offered this before the season started I’m pretty sure you’d all have taken it.

——-
Vytas.

If he really is to be a cult hero, we really should have a song ready to go. This tune has just been remixed and re-released…

There lived a special man in Lithuania long ago
He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow
Rovers defenders looked at him with terror and with fear
But to Duloch chicks he was such a lovely dear
Way he would clear the ball was a feature
Full of ecstasy and fire
But he also was the kind of creature
The fans would desire

Vytas Gašpuitis