Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It’s plausible, with Crawford’s contacts, that Turner has spoke behind his back with a club like Hearts and Craw has caught wind, if rumours are to be believed. Maybe that is a line that you do not cross, but that’s just pure speculation.

He has been decent enough this season, but hasn’t scored enough or got enough assists to really get you buzzing about him. So, no real loss in all honesty when we have Mayo, Wilson (ten times the player) and Whittaker.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

It’s plausible, with Crawford’s contacts, that Turner has spoke behind his back with a club like Hearts and Craw has caught wind, if rumours are to be believed. Maybe that is a line that you do not cross, but that’s just pure speculation.

He has been decent enough this season, but hasn’t scored enough or got enough assists to really get you buzzing about him. So, no real loss in all honesty when we have Mayo, Wilson (ten times the player) and Whittaker.

"Wilson 10 times the player"

Wow, you are having a laugh surely. Wilson rarely passes the ball forwards which is a big part of the role of an attacking CM. Wilson is much more comfortable looking passing the ball square or backwards, watch him more closely. Turner had pace to burn which none of the alternatives do,  I really dont think a central midfield of Wilson and Whitaker can be described as attack minded.

8 hours ago, Ayrpar said:

"Wilson 10 times the player"

Wow, you are having a laugh surely. Wilson rarely passes the ball forwards which is a big part of the role of an attacking CM. Wilson is much more comfortable looking passing the ball square or backwards, watch him more closely. Turner had pace to burn which none of the alternatives do,  I really dont think a central midfield of Wilson and Whitaker can be described as attack minded.

I agree that Wilson is not 10 times the player but he's capable of playing in a more advanced role too IMO. It really depends on what job Crawford wants him to do for a specific game. I think he's got good skill and not scared to take a man on in a tight space and carry the ball forward

He's had 1 or 2 games where his passing has been way off. I think if he has a poor game,it tends to be a bit of a stinker.

He was superb against Raith Rovers a few weeks back.My MOM that night. He was driving play forward and was playing more box to box style.

I think big midfielders can get get pigeon holed as a defensive midfield  player because they are over 6ft. In a different level I think McTominay has suffered from that in the past too. Wilson is the Scottish Championship version of McTominay.

I would rather have Wilson at the club than Turner I have to say.

Wilson is tremendous. 

His tackling is crucial in midfield, it's felt like a long time since we've had someone that can challenge on the ground so often and win the ball.

He's quick and strong, cliche as it sounds, it means he's not easy disposed of often. 

He can pick a pass when someone makes the right run. THAT ball to McManus against the wee team. Offft.

Scored late on against St Johnstone to take it to penalties on a night we weren't creating much. Would like to see him add more goals to his game.

11 hours ago, DAFC. said:

How many goals and assists do Mayo, Wilson and Whittaker have?

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

How many goals and assists do Mayo, Wilson and Whittaker have?

Think Random Guy above has pretty much showed how Wilson is miles better.

The point I was making wasn't necessarily about the goals and assists, just the fact they are 3 very good options to have. Not as if Turner was the only good centre-mid we had. That's the point. 

Wilson is my POTY so far. Don't think anyone can take over from him, unless he has a stinking run-in. Any of the usual back 4 maybe challenge that thought due to being consistent and having the best record in the league. Tough one. No real outstanding candidate as such, a la Kevin Nisbet last season. 

Edited by DAFC.

32 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Wilson is my POTY so far. Don't think anyone can take over from him, unless he has a stinking run-in.

Comrie again, despite missing out a few weeks (as has Wilson). 

There's nobody that has been absolute head and shoulders above anyone else, but those two are definitely in the running. Possibly along with Watson. And NeuSkerla.

Just now, Black and White Tragic said:

Has the loss of Turner ever caused Tom Hanks trouble?

Poor c**t got lost in an airport, stranded alone on an island and countered-sued for having aids. I'd say he didn't take it well. 

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Poor c**t got lost in an airport, stranded alone on an island and countered-sued for having aids. I'd say he didn't take it well. 

Watched all his friends get gunned down in Normandy, got lost at Pizza Planet trying to get back to Andy and crashed a plane in the Hudson. What an existence.