Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Without having any insider knowledge at all... 

I reckon clubs have approached him in the January window offering a decent payrise plus a move up in a level, obviously Turner would've been very, very, very keen for this, we have rejected it reckoning we'd be better keeping him for a few months, Turner wasn't happy, to what extent he's then taken that unhappiness has then ensured Crawford doesn't want him around the squad. 

He'll be away in the summer. 

It's pure speculation but we had a young CM on trial, let him leave without a deal as we were apparently working on another deal, Kyle Turner was mentioned, then returned to the young CM late on deadline day.

Wouldn't be shocked if we'd tried to sign him for a nominal fee and got told to bolt, and/or Hearts have tried to do the same and you've refused to sell him to a rival when you've still got promotion hopes.

Hearts one would be more likely to unsettle him IMO.

Sounds like the relationship has broken down on both sides. These things happen.

I thought he had improved from last season but not the player some make out. For an ''attacking midfielder'' he doesn't score many goals or provide many assists. He tidy enough on the ball and will improve those stats that impact games no doubt. I think he was probably at the right club to develop. I really don't think he's good enough or physical enough for the Premiership.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts one would be more likely to unsettle him IMO.

True to Robbie Neilson style too.

He was openly commenting to the press about signing Kevin Nisbet signing for Dundee Utd last January window.

My wild stab in the dark, sweetie wife guess is that Hearts have offered Craig Wighton in a swap deal for Turner and Pars have rejected it as they wanted a transfer fee. Turner has thrown his toys out the pram due to this. Crawford isn't the type of guy to create  a stooshie out of nothing.

I have never met Kyle Turner in my puff but he came a across as a huffy wee bugger in a Pars shirt. Always blaming his team mates when he made mistakes and a visibly petulant demeanour. His tweet the other week reinforces my impression of him.

I guess we are due a fee from whoever gets him in the summer due to his age (assuming he was offered a contract).

Heard that he suggested to Crawford that we actually attack teams and try to play in a positive manner. 

Crawford, absolutely appalled at such anathema, has exiled Turner for this blasphemy.

He has been decent for us, certainly stepped up from last season, but he won’t be THAT much of a miss. If he is being an arse in training or around others then get him to f*ck. Can only assume there has been words said that hasn’t went down well to cause this.

Airdrie had a deal to loan MacDonald back. We only have 2 available full-backs just now, MacDonald included. I can only assume Crawford has indicated to Airdrie the situation and he has suggested taking Turner instead, as he would most likely still be frozen out and have plenty midfield options.

I had figured Turner was done at The Pars but was still shocked to see this.

Assume he just wanted out of the club and the manager wanted him out of the club. So, thats him away in a deal that benefits both parties.

He definitely came onto a game before all of this, should absolutely stroll league one you would think, but still needs to prove himself. Hopefully we forget all about him. 

Craw is on the official website stating that Turner turned down a contract offer a number of weeks ago. Doesn't mention anything else but I think there has certainly been a fall out of some sort too around that time. He says that the deal came about from Ian Murray asking about Turner and Craw thought it was of more benefit balancing the squad by getting a defender in and we could afford to close a central midfielder.

Lots of players turn down contract extensions and play on for the rest of the season. Pretty certain that Euan Murray has turned down a deal and he is performing really well week in week out.  Now that we know a contract was offered, will we be due compensation from his next permanent club? He turned 23 in November.

Edited by Chubbychops

It sounds like he's been unsettled by some other clubs and saw the pound signs from somewhere. 

I'm not that bothered by him leaving to be honest. He was playing fairly well this season but there weren't enough goals or assists to really put a shine on his game. I'd be happy to see us get the best of Wilson in the middle with whomever else plays. 

17 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Craw is on the official website stating that Turner turned down a contract offer a number of weeks ago. Doesn't mention anything else but I think there has certainly been a fall out of some sort too around that time. He says that the deal came about from Ian Murray asking about Turner and Craw thought balancing the squad by getting a defender in and we could afford to close a central midfielder.

Lots of players turn down contract extensions and play on for the rest of the season. Pretty certain that Euan Murray has turned down a deal and he is performing really well week in week out.  Now that we know a contract was offered, will we be due compensation from his next permanent club? He turned 23 in November.

Pretty sure compensation is for players u23.  So no. 

Also even if we were due anything,  2 years right at the end of a players development amounts to about a bag of balls and a few bibs,  not worth worrying about.

Edited by parsforlife

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Makes sense, he's dominated every time he's appeared so far.

100% clean sheet record. And if Crawford knew he was being called up keep McDonald seems like even better business.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Pretty sure compensation is for players u23.  So no. 

Also even if we were due anything,  2 years right at the end of a players development amounts to about a bag of balls and a few bibs,  not worth worrying about.

We were due compensation for signing Jamie McCart on a PCA last January, and rumours were we paid around £20k to sign him outright, if that adds any context.

Can't be arsed working out how similar McCart/Turner are in terms of age/how long they've been at their respective clubs.

1 hour ago, Ayrpar said:

Do players away on international duty have to self isolate on return depending on country played in ? 

I think he will because he's going to a camp in another country rather than the Scotland team who are based here and "commuting" to their games

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We were due compensation for signing Jamie McCart on a PCA last January, and rumours were we paid around £20k to sign him outright, if that adds any context.

Can't be arsed working out how similar McCart/Turner are in terms of age/how long they've been at their respective clubs.

McCart would be a similar situation,  both players are the same age and would have left after 2 years at their previous club.   Just in turner’s case we signed him a year later than Inverness signed McCart so will be too old for compensation.

£20k for McCart ,  I’d think you would have paid about half that in compensation.