Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If we make the playoffs(which was the minimum required this season) and do well in them them them I’ll be happy.    I couldn’t give a f**k if it was a bit ugly or was a result of our good home form negating our poor away form.   If anyone disagrees then I would like to hear why because it’s not something I understand.

In your hypothetical situation then yeah. I'll take that. I would give the management team the time to do it too. Play-offs or sacked for me though. 

In terms of entertainment, I do have to say that I didn't buy the stream for the first time yesterday. I genuinely couldn't be arsed watching the Pars in all honesty. First time I've felt that way this season. 

9 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

In your hypothetical situation then yeah. I'll take that. I would give the management team the time to do it too. Play-offs or sacked for me though. 

I fully agree and I don’t think it’s up for much debate.  If Crawford can’t get us top 4 he doesn’t have much to argue either,  he admitted that at the end of his changeover season.  It’s not acceptable to finish 5th/6th in this league.   

I guess the board have to weigh up the situation in terms of Crawford meeting their targets (whether down to us doing well or other teams doing garbage is irrelevant for this) over more and more fans not being arsed to get the streams which is happening. With the whole covid situation I guess it’s easier to keep limping along with him as the streams won’t be bringing in anywhere near what gate money would and fans disapproval over the stagnant displays won’t be felt either vocally or in the pocket as badly. Not that I feel that’s a valid reason to keep him on but going by past experiences with this board I would imagine they will view it like this, they don’t tend to act until the inevitable damage to the season has already been done. 

He's not going this close to the end of the season with us in this position, any talk of him getting sacked just now is lunacy. 

Our away form isn't great but it's still the joint 4th best in the division, while we've got the second best home form in the division by a decent distance from third, it's not been pretty to watch at times, well for allot of the time but we are sitting reasonable in the playoffs, and with our home record, and how solid we are defensively (we rarely get pumped) over two legs anything can happen. 

Crawford will be in charge at the start of next season with the remit that we will be expecting a title challenge, we'll have a reasonably settled squad with only Turner and Murray likely to go to better teams, that'll be far easier to get over than Nisbets goals. 

Just seen the goal from yesterday.

What the f**k is that turkey in goal doing. Another long range strike goes through him. Twice he's done that against QOS this season. Similar to the Raith howler from range too.  He is rapidly heading towards Chris Smith levels of shiteyness.

Edited by Chubbychops

Just watched highlights, definite penalty and possibly should have been retaken as came off his line (would have had to have a goal line cam to say for sure). Second half the takeout of Wighton with free kick going other way was just ridiculous. Mayo never a second yellow, there was contact before which was a free kick but dive was blatant once Mebude was well past Mayo.

Highlights make a tepid performance not seem as bad. Wasn't much in it to be fair and Pars had more of the play but lacked a bit of spark in final third.

Not concerned about Friday as they should be up for it.

Maybe my mood was too upbeat writing this, as YouTube rolled on after highlights and played the cup defeat of Rangers from over 30 years ago.

Calling for Craw's heid after each time we have a defeat is fickle behaviour, generally same ones that go overboard at a win. Don't get me wrong, yesterday was an opportunity (along with Friday) to reel Hearts in before they next play and I was had a deeper depression than the multiple potholes currently peppering Fife's roads.

41 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Just watched highlights, definite penalty and possibly should have been retaken as came off his line (would have had to have a goal line cam to say for sure). Second half the takeout of Wighton with free kick going other way was just ridiculous. Mayo never a second yellow, there was contact before which was a free kick but dive was blatant once Mebude was well past Mayo.

Highlights make a tepid performance not seem as bad. Wasn't much in it to be fair and Pars had more of the play but lacked a bit of spark in final third.

Not concerned about Friday as they should be up for it.

Maybe my mood was too upbeat writing this, as YouTube rolled on after highlights and played the cup defeat of Rangers from over 30 years ago.

Calling for Craw's heid after each time we have a defeat is fickle behaviour, generally same ones that go overboard at a win. Don't get me wrong, yesterday was an opportunity (along with Friday) to reel Hearts in before they next play and I was had a deeper depression than the multiple potholes currently peppering Fife's roads.

This is silly. It isn't just this season. Crawford has consistently shown that his teams go on horrible winless runs that are costly. That isn't good enough.

You can try and insult people to belittle their thoughts on the matter, but it won't change that Crawford isn't good enough. 1 away win all season? Not good enough. Just 2 wins in almost a third of a season? Not good enough. Not scoring a single goal in 5 out of the last 7 games? Not good enough. That's before we look at last season (which includes a grand total of 3 away league wins).

Quite how anyone thinks we can win a series of games should we get to the playoffs when we have a single away win all season and recently sat back at home, and struggled to beat, Alloa is a strange one. 

Crawford simply has a ceiling as a manager, and unfortunately our ambition is above it.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

).

Quite how anyone thinks we can win a series of games should we get to the playoffs when we have a single away win all season and recently sat back at home, and struggled to beat, Alloa is a strange one. 

Stats are like miniskirts etc. 

I don't think we would win six games on the trot, but we don't need too. You keep banging on about our awful away record but we've also only lost 3 times away this season, at Tynecastle, where we played well, which isnt a sacking offence. At Arbroath in absolutely attrocious conditions, and yesterday at QoTS, where xG wise we should've at least drawn. 

People often give it the "draw away, win most of your home and you'll be alright" but seemingly for us that's no longer acceptable. We've got 19 points from our home games this season, if we win our next home game we'll have as good a home record as Hearts do at Tynecastle this season, that's very good IMO. While we've got the fourth best away record in the division, that's not bad. 

So DA, if you think it's strange that I think we can draw away at any of the other playoff sides before bettering that result at home, that's on you. We've not been out the top 3 all season, Crawford is a better manager now than he was a year ago, he is a cautious one it seems but that could serve us well. 

He's done well when up against stronger sides (Celtic away, St Johnstone at home) so I wouldn't rule us out of beating the 11th placed Premiership side if we were to get that far. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Stats are like miniskirts etc. 

I don't think we would win six games on the trot, but we don't need too. You keep banging on about our awful away record but we've also only lost 3 times away this season, at Tynecastle, where we played well, which isnt a sacking offence. At Arbroath in absolutely attrocious conditions, and yesterday at QoTS, where xG wise we should've at least drawn. 

People often give it the "draw away, win most of your home and you'll be alright" but seemingly for us that's no longer acceptable. We've got 19 points from our home games this season, if we win our next home game we'll have as good a home record as Hearts do at Tynecastle this season, that's very good IMO. While we've got the fourth best away record in the division, that's not bad. 

So DA, if you think it's strange that I think we can draw away at any of the other playoff sides before bettering that result at home, that's on you. We've not been out the top 3 all season, Crawford is a better manager now than he was a year ago, he is a cautious one it seems but that could serve us well. 

He's done well when up against stronger sides (Celtic away, St Johnstone at home) so I wouldn't rule us out of beating the 11th placed Premiership side if we were to get that far. 

Joint 4th best away record with Caley, who have better goal difference and 2 games less played. So they could be clear 4th best. Indeed, you could say Dundee, Morton and Ayr could overtake you when they play same amount of games away as yourselves, then you'd be joint 2nd worse in the division with Arbroath, but stats etc etc. 

Guest Axle Grease

Tight league. Room for improvement. Poor away record. Lack of goals. Bit non committal. Up there at the end of the season. Worry about other teams. Can't shoot from distance. Won't shoot from distance. Not using width. Play the long ball. Punt em high. He's off form. He couldn't keep Hens. Lazy b*****d. Never plays the scond baw. Too slow to come out. Too slow to get back. Get him aff. Get him oan. Start him next week. Start him this week. Shouldn't be starting this week. Two up front. Him in, just behind the strikers. One man up front. Got some engine. Got good set of legs. Run awe day. Never in a full game. Lazy b*****d. Started well. Games of 2 halves. Never in the game. Couldn't score in a brothel. That's not his natural position. That's his best position. Can play anywhere. He's pish. Seen better in Sunday League. Too guid for this league. Not guid enough for this league. Nothing in it. Never in it. In it to win it. Hearts will skoosh it. Pars will shit it. Cliche ridden,  but 'Crawford will stay'

4 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Tight league. Room for improvement. Poor away record. Lack of goals. Bit non committal. Up there at the end of the season. Worry about other teams. Can't shoot from distance. Won't shoot from distance. Not using width. Play the long ball. Punt em high. He's off form. He couldn't keep Hens. Lazy b*****d. Never plays the scond baw. Too slow to come out. Too slow to get back. Get him aff. Get him oan. Start him next week. Start him this week. Shouldn't be starting this week. Two up front. Him in, just behind the strikers. One man up front. Got some engine. Got good set of legs. Run awe day. Never in a full game. Lazy b*****d. Started well. Games of 2 halves. Never in the game. Couldn't score in a brothel. That's not his natural position. That's his best position. Can play anywhere. He's pish. Seen better in Sunday League. Too guid for this league. Not guid enough for this league. Nothing in it. Never in it. In it to win it. Hearts will skoosh it. Pars will shit it. Cliche ridden,  but 'Crawford will stay'

Trainspotting 3 sounds shite

Hopefully see OHara start a few more games not sure what McManus has done to keep his starting place when the goals have dried up. Obviously Turner being punted out the squad isn't ideal as on his day he's a class act. 

Seems such a shame that Crawford has stalled yet again obviously the Germans will need to consider his position but I think they will give him next season with the new director of football being on hand a bit more than is obviously possible at the moment.

On 01/03/2021 at 05:19, Axle Grease said:

Choose Fife. 

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

What’s O’Hara done to justify a starting place? 

Nothing. McManus is clearly our best striker. He's not been at it the past couple games but O'Hara is simply not good enough. Isn't even a good impact sub either.