Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It is, they hardly had a pre season and have a squad of veterans, youngsters and loan signings. Couldnt fill a bench two weeks ago.
Perhaps our problem weirdly is having a good squad. Too much choice. We've changed the midfield almost every week.

That makes zeros sense whatsoever.

It’s management of the players. Not that I’d want him but Dick Campbell would be thriving with a squad like that at his disposal.

It’s nowhere near good enough what we have seen recently.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yeah, you're right i do think we have too many players in certain areas though and that's a problem we've had for years.

Mayo, whittaker, Allan, mcinroy, Turner, Wilson and arguably Martin and Fraser Murray. 

Whittaker a coach to players who can contribute more than him alongside a keeper coach who flaps around most weeks and dair who come from the juniors.

Whole thing seems amateurish 

Many of those players can, and have, played more than one position. That's a good thing and I think the squad is fine.

A player's ability a measure of how they will be a coach. There are so many examples of good players as shite coaches and managers and shite players as good coaches and managers, and vice versa. Dair played professional football for years. What is your point there.

Massively disagree that it seems amateurish. Think that's absolute nonsense.

Edited by DA Baracus

55 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Out of curiosity are people also expecting Shields and Dair to be removed from their posts too? Are there any feasible candidates out there? Does anyone think the board will actually do it whilst we occupy a play off spot?

No, and they shouldn't. They should allow the current management to see the season out then not renew their contract(s). Unsure about Shields and Dair.

Regarding candidates, I would suggest:

- Stephen Robinson

- Stewart Petrie

But would say invite applications. I doubt there would be a dearth of them. I really wish the club would have made an offer to Tommy Wright in January. It might have been that he wasn't interested in the role at all, or that we couldn't afford him, but it would have been immense if we got him.

Stewart Petrie for me 100%

If we could afford Robinson I would love to have him given his experience at top-level Scottish football, but Petrie just seems to be the natural choice, and I don’t think Robinson would be enticed by Championship wages. Shite talking like this when Crawford will most likely be manager until end of the season, but he is out his depth and we need a new man to take us forward.

Petrie has done an unreal job at Montrose and it is probably a good time now for him to step up, but his personal life and current job might not be worth going full-time for though.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Nor do I matey, I remember at the time of hiring he was on a rolling contract, I don't know if that ever converted to a time set one. 

I can't recall any announcement that it was.

Apart from the Rovers game, which is looking like a complete one off. We have been pretty poor since November. Even when we win, it's normally a turgid struggle.

Still got time to turn the season into a good one, as unbelievably our league position is still decent.  Just think Craw and co need to up the tempo and try put some life into the team. I looks like we are just going through the motions most weeks.

If we make the playoffs(which was the minimum required this season) and do well in them them them I’ll be happy.    I couldn’t give a f**k if it was a bit ugly or was a result of our good home form negating our poor away form.   If anyone disagrees then I would like to hear why because it’s not something I understand.