Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Not calling for the gaffer to go but I wouldn't be adverse to it.

Away to pick splinters out ma arse the now.

He should see out the season and then not have his contract renewed (I'm assuming he's still on the rolling contract type deal, and that it is possible to stop it in the summer!).

OFW, The Man Who Wrists Forgot, and Kevin O'Hara should also exit in the summer.

What's the deal with Turner?

Edited by DA Baracus

Ach well you’ve got us on tv on Friday night[emoji12]

Hopefully, assuming we lose, that’s the end of Crawford, which would make me worried if I was an opposition fan - there’s the potential we employ someone who is competent.

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If we're playing two in there, it's Wilson and Turner for me. 

The only option.  You can’t afford to have players in a midfield 2 that aren’t going to cover the ground or be involved both in attack and defence.  I don’t think anyone else in the squad is capable of that.

We certainly have a good squad of players for this level. Performances against Raith and Hearts at home have shown what we’re capable of. This is what makes it even harder to accept we’ve won 1 away game all season and only won 3 of our last 12 league games overall.

We’ve failed to score in 5 of our last 7 games. Not got a single away goal in 2021, having played 4 away games. There’s just no argument to say that Crawford is doing his job to an acceptable standard at the moment.

He’ll be in charge until at least the end of the season. The board can get away with being more ‘patient’ when fans aren’t their to voice their frustrations.

We are terrible to watch, set up so negatively every game (other than the Raith/Hearts games) and have no answer to going behind. AJ found a way to play against our 4-4-2 in the second half today and rather than changing things, Crawford made 3 like-for-like changes meaning we created nothing. It’s getting to the stage we’d be struggling to get PATG fans and our away support would be very low in numbers.

Good start to the season is papering over the cracks. That was the last game of the 2/3 round of fixtures. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see us continue to slip and QoS taking advantage which would be an absolute disgrace in all honesty.

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Good start to the season is papering over the cracks. That was the last game of the 2/3 round of fixtures. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see us continue to slip and QoS taking advantage which would be an absolute disgrace in all honesty.

It is, they hardly had a pre season and have a squad of veterans, youngsters and loan signings. Couldnt fill a bench two weeks ago.

Perhaps our problem weirdly is having a good squad. Too much choice. We've changed the midfield almost every week.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

That's not the problem.

The problem is the manager unfortunately.

Yeah, you're right i do think we have too many players in certain areas though and that's a problem we've had for years.

Mayo, whittaker, Allan, mcinroy, Turner, Wilson and arguably Martin and Fraser Murray. 

Whittaker a coach to players who can contribute more than him alongside a keeper coach who flaps around most weeks and dair who come from the juniors.

Whole thing seems amateurish