Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Thoroughly unlikeable footballer, so needless to say I hope he fails miserably. 

In terms of playing style, though, he's a departure from the likes of Declan McManus and Kevin O'Hara and could quite easily give you that bit of variety in attack that you've needed when McManus is off the boil. 

Why's he so unlikable?

17 minutes ago, 101 said:

Why's he so unlikable?

Well, he's not very good. He was definitely the victim of hype when he came to the Rovers, he was built up as the next big thing by Dundee, and their support seemed certain it was only a matter of time before he went down south for a fortune, and that he'd play for Scotland. Instead, he was garbage. 

If he hadn't scored the goal that relegated United, I don't think the Dundee fans would think particularly highly of him now either. That Hearts can't find a place for him in the Championship speaks volumes, too. 

As I say, though, maybe things will finally click for him. One of the biggest issues he had at Stark's was his complete lack of physicality, and he's clearly worked on that and bulked out since. 

He's just got an air about him though, of someone who always looks like he's got it, but never actually does. If I'm looking at the right stats, he's never scored more than three league goals in a season. He's 23. 

In terms of actual likeability, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, I haven't seen too much of him recently, but he's just a bit "nothing". He's like the anti-Declan McManus in that sense. McManus, even when he's not scoring, is constantly being a wee dick and getting involved and kicking folk and causing grief. Wighton is just a bit *shrug*. 

19 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Well, he's not very good. He was definitely the victim of hype when he came to the Rovers, he was built up as the next big thing by Dundee, and their support seemed certain it was only a matter of time before he went down south for a fortune, and that he'd play for Scotland. Instead, he was garbage. 

If he hadn't scored the goal that relegated United, I don't think the Dundee fans would think particularly highly of him now either. That Hearts can't find a place for him in the Championship speaks volumes, too. 

As I say, though, maybe things will finally click for him. One of the biggest issues he had at Stark's was his complete lack of physicality, and he's clearly worked on that and bulked out since. 

He's just got an air about him though, of someone who always looks like he's got it, but never actually does. If I'm looking at the right stats, he's never scored more than three league goals in a season. He's 23. 

In terms of actual likeability, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, I haven't seen too much of him recently, but he's just a bit "nothing". He's like the anti-Declan McManus in that sense. McManus, even when he's not scoring, is constantly being a wee dick and getting involved and kicking folk and causing grief. Wighton is just a bit *shrug*. 

You made it sound like he had done something other than been a bit of a jobber.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Why's Jack de Gier not in our list of past players? 

If you're referring to the section on the official site then it's pretty random as to who does and doesn't appear.

De Gier is an absolute nobody in the club's history though, so perhaps that's why he doesn't appear?

Regarding Wighton, I think it's a rare Crawford misfire of a signing. I don't rate him and don't see him doing much for us.

Obviously will give him a chance mind, and hope I'm wrong and he's great and smashes loads of goals in.

Why you so upset bro hahahaha

Regarding Wighton, I think it's a rare Crawford misfire of a signing. I don't rate him and don't see him doing much for us.
Obviously will give him a chance mind, and hope I'm wrong and he's great and smashes loads of goals in.

Decent minutes per goal ratio in this league with both Hearts and Arbroath. Our strikers have really struggled for goals this season (other than penalties). Wighton’s also a bit more of a physical presence than what we’ve got, so it looks like a good signing for me. Fairly low risk as well, with it being a free transfer, he’s fairly young and keen to prove himself.

If you're referring to the section on the official site then it's pretty random as to who does and doesn't appear.
De Gier is an absolute nobody in the club's history though, so perhaps that's why he doesn't appear?
I couldn't see Michel Doesburg either.