Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

One good season against absolute diddies in League 1. He must have made a good amount of money off Dundee on the back of that. 

He ran Dundee United ragged on the first game of the 18/19 season then did absolutely nothing noteworthy from there on in.

22 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
22 hours ago, Grant228 said:
I'm not, you're just utterly wrong. 

When we were absolutely skelping Raith on Wednesday, or when you were getting beat by Hearts, or when you were getting thudded by QoTS, why did you not just do what they were doing? 

After all, football really is that simple. 

Many of your chums insist the wind was the decisive factor, because Arbroath recruit players based on them being used to it etc. Match reports say Gaston was barely troubled. Why? When we got pumped on Wednesday, and in the 2nd game against Hearts, and even against QoS, we simply weren't good enough. Particularly Wednesday where I can offer no mitigation. Maybe you just weren't good enough yesterday and it had little to do with conditions, which were the same in both halves. A bit more humility from some of your brethren would go a long way.

The Raith forums after the 3 aforementioned defeats were loaded with "humility" right enough. They are such a level-headed fair-minded support...………..

41 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

He ran Dundee United ragged on the first game of the 18/19 season then did absolutely nothing noteworthy from there on in.

Maybe for Dunfermline. He was excellent for half a season with us. I think most QoS fans would take him back in a heartbeat. His departure at the same time as McCrorie was part of the reason for last season's collapse before Covid saved us.

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Tom Lang has signed a pre-contract deal with the Wee Team. Remember him? Must have been absolute shite if Devine and Ashcroft were keeping him out the team. 

You cant be that good looking AND be good at football. Makes Ronaldo look like Susan Boyle. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Tom Lang has signed a pre-contract deal with the Wee Team. Remember him? Must have been absolute shite if Devine and Ashcroft were keeping him out the team. 

The rumours are that footballing ability never came in to it and there was some sort of falling out with Crawford.

Bit fucked off that this season has turned to complete meh after the start we made.  The last two weeks have been a complete snapshot of Crawfords tenure, false dawn performances against Hearts and Raith followed by how many more garbage losses or games we don’t ever look like scoring in. Completely scunnered with it at this point and rapidly losing motivation to go through the hassle of buying the streams. 

I'm not watching the Dundee game for the same reason. I don't mind us losing but when we've absolutely shitebagged it from the start against Arbroath and the obvious problems in how we played I just want to go find something more enjoyable this coming weekend. 

I'll probably tune in but right now it's a no.

42 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I guess the game will go ahead on Saturday, even if it's 2 foot of snow.

It is after all about which team handles it better, not if football can be played properly.

Just let it go man. Plenty of time to make up for it. 

Didn’t expect us to win the league but doesn’t make it any less disappointing that a couple of years later we still go on winless runs of 6/7 games under Crawford. Shows a complete lack of progression from him. This season has essentially went the same as his first half season when we went on a run of 1-0s then almost completely undone any good work by being utter dugshite, the only difference is we had a head start on the league position this time. 

The Arbroath game hasn't bothered me at all, I was fully aware at the start of the season we weren't winning the league, the battle for the playoffs is on. 
That's all well and good but a win at Arbroath after 2 good performances (albeit one was a loss) would have set us up nicely for a good shot at the play offs, probably even 2nd place. Losing there puts us in a much more precarious position, teams around us have games in hand over us, our star winger has went so far off the boil he's out the matchday squad and we didn't capitalise on the Raith win to get a wee run going. I fail to see how just aiming for the play offs means that we should just gloss over the Arbroath game in a normal season let alone one with 25% fewer games?

49 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
11 hours ago, Grant228 said:
The Arbroath game hasn't bothered me at all, I was fully aware at the start of the season we weren't winning the league, the battle for the playoffs is on. 

That's all well and good but a win at Arbroath after 2 good performances (albeit one was a loss) would have set us up nicely for a good shot at the play offs, probably even 2nd place. Losing there puts us in a much more precarious position, teams around us have games in hand over us, our star winger has went so far off the boil he's out the matchday squad and we didn't capitalise on the Raith win to get a wee run going. I fail to see how just aiming for the play offs means that we should just gloss over the Arbroath game in a normal season let alone one with 25% fewer games?

Assuming you're referring to Dom Thomas the club have confirm he had COVID.