Walking Down The Halbeath Road

See when there's a howling gale blowing in your face and goal kicks keep blowing backwards, tell your keeper to stop trying to launch goal kicks up the park. They'll just blow back. And then in the 2nd half, when it's in your favour, try shooting on sight, like the opposition did to great effect in the 1st. That's how complicated it is.

40 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

See when there's a howling gale blowing in your face and goal kicks keep blowing backwards, tell your keeper to stop trying to launch goal kicks up the park. They'll just blow back. And then in the 2nd half, when it's in your favour, try shooting on sight, like the opposition did to great effect in the 1st. That's how complicated it is.

Cool, and when the opposition go man for man on the defence who does he pass too? 

I still can’t get over how that game was played [emoji23] If that isn’t “farcical” (the referees words to Crawford) then I really don’t know what is. Haven’t seen anything like it in my life.

Lose to Dundee next and we are in deep shit btw.

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Maybe not making myself clear enough for you.

Whatever they did in the 1st half when they scudded 2 past you without reply, you do the same in the 2nd.

Cool, and how does that work for the goal kicks? Just get in a fortune teller and ask what the Arbroath players are gong to do? 

The goals weren't conceded from goal kicks, they're just being used as an example of how shocking the wind was. 

Cool, and how does that work for the goal kicks? Just get in a fortune teller and ask what the Arbroath players are gong to do? 

The goals weren't conceded from goal kicks, they're just being used as an example of how shocking the wind was. 
You're making this harder than it needs to be. I assume Arbroath played a high line in 1st half, to pressure your defence in the knowledge that conditions would mean the ball spent more time in the final third than might normally have been expected. They had a shoot on sight policy and both their goals benefited from some climatic assistance. Could you not do exactly the same in 2nd half when the elements were in your favour? Do you not have better players?

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You're making this harder than it needs to be. 

I'm not, you're just utterly wrong. 

When we were absolutely skelping Raith on Wednesday, or when you were getting beat by Hearts, or when you were getting thudded by QoTS, why did you not just do what they were doing? 

After all, football really is that simple. 

When we were absolutely skelping Raith on Wednesday, or when you were getting beat by Hearts, or when you were getting thudded by QoTS, why did you not just do what they were doing? 

Many of your chums insist the wind was the decisive factor, because Arbroath recruit players based on them being used to it etc. Match reports say Gaston was barely troubled. Why? When we got pumped on Wednesday, and in the 2nd game against Hearts, and even against QoS, we simply weren't good enough. Particularly Wednesday where I can offer no mitigation. Maybe you just weren't good enough yesterday and it had little to do with conditions, which were the same in both halves. A bit more humility from some of your brethren would go a long way.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Many of your chums insist the wind was the decisive factor, because Arbroath recruit players based on them being used to it etc. Match reports say Gaston was barely troubled. Why? When we got pumped on Wednesday, and in the 2nd game against Hearts, and even against QoS, we simply weren't good enough. Particularly Wednesday where I can offer no mitigation. Maybe you just weren't good enough yesterday and it had little to do with conditions, which were the same in both halves. A bit more humility from some of your brethren would go a long way.

Obsessed by the big Fife team.

You could have written down Arbroaths tactics before we turned up and yet despite seeing what worked our manager thought he knew better than someone who plays at that ground every two weeks and decided to try playing a different way. It wasn’t just that our players despite being full time were second to every ball and lost most 50/50 challenges. Crawford needed to try playing like Arbroath and anyone with any brains would have scouted them playing in the wind to see how to do it plus try things in training like playing into a wind. Instead we got something that would get laughed off the training manual of the amateur game.

This plus telling players that the game shouldn’t go ahead, he messed up tactics and with their heads. We were beat before anyone kicked a ball.

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You could have written down Arbroaths tactics before we turned up and yet despite seeing what worked our manager thought he knew better than someone who plays at that ground every two weeks and decided to try playing a different way. It wasn’t just that our players despite being full time were second to every ball and lost most 50/50 challenges. Crawford needed to try playing like Arbroath and anyone with any brains would have scouted them playing in the wind to see how to do it plus try things in training like playing into a wind. Instead we got something that would get laughed off the training manual of the amateur game.

This plus telling players that the game shouldn’t go ahead, he messed up tactics and with their heads. We were beat before anyone kicked a ball.

Yeah, you can’t just completely change your tactics to copy another side.  Nor can you try to randomly find a training pitch that happens to have that level of wind we faced yesterday.   Not unless part of the German investment is a massive wind machine.

You do have a point about getting the mindset wrong(instead of ‘the refs made an arse of things,  here’s what we need to do to get past it’ 

Noticed someone posting some of his goals on Twitter, forgot about that great passing move at Stenny, what a goal. If that's scored in the Premiership it's talked about for years. Last time really didn't work out well but it was one of the worst Pars teams I've ever seen, from the keeper to the striker.

I'd take him back until the end of the season if it's on offer, just for the craic like.

20 hours ago, parslad said:

Obsessed by the big Fife team.

Rovers fans are just absolutely gutted because they can no longer post the photo of Vaughan as it now carries zero relevance, this also wipes out 95% of their patter from derby match threads.

This coupled with the fact that the apparent best rovers team in years, by their own admission, has failed to beat us so far this season (including a 2 goal arse collapse) makes for great reading on any Dunfermline related thread.

20210204_072432.jpg