Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He’s just not going to make it as a pro,  if he’s happy to leave then it’s right to let him go.
Strange thing to say. What makes you think "he's not going to make it"? Surely leaving is due to seeking an opportunity elsewhere? Did not look out of his depth at all in the one game he played in.

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:
2 hours ago, parsforlife said:
He’s just not going to make it as a pro,  if he’s happy to leave then it’s right to let him go.

Strange thing to say. What makes you think "he's not going to make it"? Surely leaving is due to seeking an opportunity elsewhere? Did not look out of his depth at all in the one game he played in.

He did ok against Clyde, but in the reserve games I’ve watched he’s been nothing notable,  unlike someone like gabby McGill who looked comfortably above it, and yet when he gets first team chances struggles.  

What has he done to show he’s better than the other youth players that have been released?  Is he better than Kerr young?  Has he done more than Ryan Thomson?   And they were guys who got significant first team football.

The step up players need to make around 19/20 to prove their worth and make a living out the game vs playing PT at best is massive.  For every player that does make that step up 10 don’t.   I haven’t seen anything that will make him that 1.

Aye he’ll probably be trying to get another club, probably back in the north of england .  Near certainly that it won’t be FT. 

He did ok against Clyde, but in the reserve games I’ve watched he’s been nothing notable,  unlike someone like gabby McGill who looked comfortably above it, and yet when he gets first team chances struggles.  
What has he done to show he’s better than the other youth players that have been released?  Is he better than Kerr young?  Has he done more than Ryan Thomson?   And they were guys who got significant first team football.
The step up players need to make around 19/20 to prove their worth and make a living out the game vs playing PT at best is massive.  For every player that does make that step up 10 don’t.   I haven’t seen anything that will make him that 1.
Aye he’ll probably be trying to get another club, probably back in the north of england .  Near certainly that it won’t be FT. 

Part-time is still pro. Not sure how you have been able to see him play in anything other than the 1 game for the last year.

53 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:
1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Part-time is still pro. Not sure how you have been able to see him play in anything other than the 1 game for the last year.

Ok. So im including last year big deal.

PT is semi-pro.   It by definition is a wage that whilst can be very decent at times, especially per hour,  isn’t sufficient to pay the bills on its own.

Do you believe bowman is going to sustain a footballing career that will sustain him for the next 10-15 years without other income?  Cos that was aiming at.  Not if he’ll ever be payed to play football no matter how little. 

9 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

What's wrong with being a part time player? There are plenty of decent part time player in the Championship, including at Stark's Park.

Do you have problems with understanding things? No one has said there is anything wrong with being a part time player.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Do you have problems with understanding things? No one has said there is anything wrong with being a part time player.

Or maybe not. The inference is that part time  is for second rate players. And hasn't there an ongoing discussion among you lot about full time players who ARE second rate?

Or maybe not. The inference is that part time  is for second rate players. And hasn't there an ongoing discussion among you lot about full time players who ARE second rate?
RR, this is the scottish championship we're talking about. Most, if not all, full time players in this league are second rate. It's probably the lowest level in European football in which players can make a full time living from.

I dont see why Bowman, the cancellation of his contract or the inference that he'll be lucky to make a living out the game is causing such 'debate'.

15 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’m assuming the Wighton deal has fallen through. I don’t understand why this wouldn’t have been announced yet, if it was agreed at the weekend.

If he's signed a PCA it's usually not worth the paper it's written on, so if he has Crawford will probably mention it and the proper press photos will be done when he actually signs.

Hopefully Dow isn't too badly injured, but with Dom, Banks and Murray we should have enough to get through even to the summer if we needed. Edwards can play further forward as well if push came to shove.

Hopefully Dow is fine and back ASAP but it'd be more than fine if Thomas came in on the right cutting inside. 

How did Banks play? I thought he was a central player but only going by what I've been told and apparently played wide yesterday? Did O'Hara play wide right when he came on? That might work. also.

Having watched the goals this morning, THAT ball from Wilson to McManus was absolutely sensational. I want to see us cutting teams apart more centrally than we have and that ball was IT.

Watched some of the replay. Missed it last night.

Great ball for the first goal.

Second good run

Equaliser shite again from ofw

Third goal looked good but the stream went into fast forward mode for some reason. :lol:

Agree about the tempo, reminded me of 90s football