Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 hours ago, 101 said:

Why was he dropped to the bench if not to get him back in line. We know Crawford is about the vibe of the place and keeping it one harmonious group, I could be talking rubbish but seemed a strange decision to bench him for no reason.

It wasn't for no reason.

Even if he has been offered a new contract and isn't signing, that's hardly a unique situation. Happens all the time and Crawford doesn't strike me a manager who would freeze out his best players out of spite. 

Negotiations can take a while anyway. We have no idea what the situation is. Maybe they haven't even started.

Think you're seeing something that isn't there in this situation.

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

How much would you take? If we could get him even on a 2 year deal I think we'd make a pretty decent sum next summer?

Tbh in this situation I would take a token fee plus his wages off the books. I don't think we will see him here next season, however if there was a chance he will sign a 2 year deal obviously keep him around. 

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Think you're seeing something that isn't there in this situation.

Probably

As much as Turner has improved this year, I wouldn't say that he's playing at a level that he will walk into a premiership side or even Hearts. 

I think getting game time at a top championship club is about where he is just now. He's only started catching the eye in the last 4 months. To go sit on the bench at a bigger club would be the wrong move imo. Look what happened to Faissal. If he continues to progress by playing games here for another year, he will get his move and probably be a better player that's ready for the premeirship when he does it.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

How did Longridge do when he joined you after we went up? He's just came back to us - not even sure if it's a decent signing or not given he's our 4th LB on the books

Better as a wingback than as a full back, was still decent enough though that we sold him on for a fee to Bradford. 

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Better as a wingback than as a full back, was still decent enough though that we sold him on for a fee to Bradford. 

Didn't realise you got a fee for him tbh. Really lovely guy though and we rely on our LB/RB to get up and amongst the attacking action so can see why we brought him back

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Didn't realise you got a fee for him tbh. Really lovely guy though and we rely on our LB/RB to get up and amongst the attacking action so can see why we brought him back

Defensively I thought he was OK, without being particularly brilliant though, the step up in quality in wingers in the Premiership is a big one so not sure how he'll deal with that. 

And aye we got a fee plus a sell on, presuming you got him for free though. 

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Defensively I thought he was OK, without being particularly brilliant though, the step up in quality in wingers in the Premiership is a big one so not sure how he'll deal with that. 

And aye we got a fee plus a sell on, presuming you got him for free though. 

Yep, Bradford cancelled his contract and about 2 hours later he'd signed

He was shite defensively, especially as a full back. Part of a horrific AJ side and I'm still stunned we got so much for him wasn't it around 200k? Makes Nisbet's move seem like an absolute steal. 

I think everyone remembers him scoring at Dens and Alloa which puts a shine on him. 

A bit of revisionism to say he was shite defensively.

He was part of a very poor defence that was very low on confidence. He suffered a bit due to that, but I think he did alright and could have thrived and been much better in a more solid defence and especially with more confidence.

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

How did Longridge do when he joined you after we went up? He's just came back to us - not even sure if it's a decent signing or not given he's our 4th LB on the books

I mean, he was alright, but for me, he is the most overrated player we have had possibly the full time I've supported the Pars. Folk made out he was Roberto Carlos. He was a shitebag at defending but attacking was decent. Definitely suited to a back 3. Actually a smart bit of business from Crawford knowing Lewis Martin was there, who is a much better player in my eyes, it's just his ankles are made of chocolate. 

I mean, he was alright, but for me, he is the most overrated player we have had possibly the full time I've supported the Pars. Folk made out he was Roberto Carlos. He was a shitebag at defending but attacking was decent. Definitely suited to a back 3. Actually a smart bit of business from Crawford knowing Lewis Martin was there, who is a much better player in my eyes, it's just his ankles are made of chocolate. 
Bit much calling him a shitebag [emoji23] Must have missed his diving header goal at Tannadice when he had every chance of getting injured.