Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Pars have signed Kyle McDonald from Airdrie on a two and a half year deal. Compo been paid.

Sounds a bit like a Josh Edwards type signing. Turning out pretty well with him.

Image may contain: 1 person, phone

On behalf of Raith fans everywhere, can I just say “you have money to sign players but you can’t afford to switch the USH on or buy blankets”’.

Tell me about Kyle Turner? I've been told him and Euan Murray are Don's target with the latter being highly publicised recently. What kind of midfielder is Turner? 
Getting better and better is oor Kyle, be a shame to see him leave in the Summer.

Just shows how well Crawford and his staff are doing in terms of polishing up players. Kevin Nisbet is a multi million pound striker in large part down to working with Crawford. Kiltie has gone back to Killie a better player. As well as the two quoted for Aberdeen, Aaron Comrie is one we could make a decent bit of money from. It used to be the case that the exit door from East End was a conveyor belt to oblivion or even worse, Raith or East Fife. 

Turner has stepped up considerably this season.

He's taking on a lot more responsibility on the ball and is much more influential in dictating play. He's often dropping short to get the ball from the defence and strives to drive forward or make some forward passes to get things going. He has a great workrate and gets up and down the pitch. He can be a buzzing nuisance in the midfield to the opposition; he's always nipping about and not giving the opposition any peace. Has a good shot on him as well, as his goal against Inverness showed.

Very good player and it feels like he still has a lot more to show. He's always improving.

Crawford has an eye for a signing. Most of his signings have been really good.

1 minute ago, Shandön Par said:

Just shows how well Crawford and his staff are doing in terms of polishing up players. Kevin Nisbet is a multi million pound striker in large part down to working with Crawford. Kiltie has gone back to Killie a better player. As well as the two quoted for Aberdeen, Aaron Comrie is one we could make a decent bit of money from. It used to be the case that the exit door from East End was a conveyor belt to oblivion or even worse, Raith or East Fife. 

I think Kiltie has got his confidence and fitness back, which was a big part of why he went out on loan in the first place, but I'm not sure he's necessarily a better player now than he was at 19/20 before he got the injury. Agree with the point in general, have enjoyed watching Dunfermline under Crawford and he seems to be getting a lot out of players who might have been written off elsewhere. You can probably add Ryan Dow to that list too, his career looked to be going down the pan.

Tinted glasses aside, Turner would benefit so much more from seeing out the season, and maybe another, in the Championship. He’s only just starting to look like the very good Championship player we hoped he’d be last season, now is too early for a step up IMO.

It was rumoured, however, that when he signed for us he’d turned down potential offers/moves from the top flight. If that’s the case he might not want to stall a move to the Premiership any longer.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think Kiltie has got his confidence and fitness back, which was a big part of why he went out on loan in the first place, but I'm not sure he's necessarily a better player now than he was at 19/20 before he got the injury. Agree with the point in general, have enjoyed watching Dunfermline under Crawford and he seems to be getting a lot out of players who might have been written off elsewhere. You can probably add Ryan Dow to that list too, his career looked to be going down the pan.

Certainly seems to be a better manager than Allan Johnston, which is nice. 

22 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Before Nisbet, who was the last player to go up after leaving us? Faiss? And that didn't end well. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Johnston was one of my favourite Killie players and yet one of my least favourite managers. He played a massive part in the malaise that had set in around Rugby Park which was only really lifted by Steve Clarke five years later.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Johnston was one of my favourite Killie players and yet one of my least favourite managers. He played a massive part in the malaise that had set in around Rugby Park which was only really lifted by Steve Clarke five years later.

Some decision to resign over Robbie Muirhead. 

Just going of the version of Muirhead that rocked up at Dunfermline, but to leave a Premiership managers position because of him is odd. He's not getting another one of those anytime soon. 

13 minutes ago, NeilDAFC said:

I think it was Lewis Spence bizarrely and to make it even more bizarre he was actually not bad in the top flight.

I like Lewis Spence, I thought he was a better player than Byrne, although not as good a professional. 

I think the Muirhead thing was a smokescreen so that he could claim he left on his own terms before he was sacked. I genuinely think he was partly responsible for Muirhead's career going downhill - he was a promising striker in our youth team, constantly compared to Boyd, yet he always picked him out wide.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think the Muirhead thing was a smokescreen so that he could claim he left on his own terms before he was sacked. I genuinely think he was partly responsible for Muirhead's career going downhill - he was a promising striker in our youth team, constantly compared to Boyd, yet he always picked him out wide.

When he re signed him for Dunfermline he then persisted with picking him out wide. Utterly bizarre. 

On Turner he's a good player, but I don't see him as being good enough for Aberdeen, I don't think Murray is either. Both good players but the next logical step would be a club in the bottom six. 

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Before Nisbet, who was the last player to go up after leaving us? Faiss? And that didn't end well. 

And Ian Campbell going to Killie. Not many though in recent decades.