Walking Down The Halbeath Road

39 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

The mighty BRE is looking for a new club. 

Subbed after 29 minutes in his last game for flogging two goals and never appeared in the squad since.

I thought he struggled in the Scottish Championship after looking good in the season we won league 1. He's done well to get a few gigs in the English football league since his time with us. 

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

The mighty BRE is looking for a new club. 

Good in League 1 but I think that's possibly his level or lower-end Championship. Done amazingly well to get a few gigs in England to be fair to him. 

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Game vs Hearts is now on the 30th, and game vs the Wee Team is now on the 3rd.

Bit of a pisser that the Raith game is midweek now.

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Pars have signed Kyle McDonald from Airdrie on a two and a half year deal. Compo been paid.

Sounds a bit like a Josh Edwards type signing. Turning out pretty well with him.

Image may contain: 1 person, phone

I have family that are big Airdrie fans and they like him very much and are glad that he's been loaned straight back. Interesting signing. 

I posted similar on the Airdrie thread but I think MacDonald’s a better player than Edwards was when we sold him, certainly more consistent.  He missed the first few games last season but once he was in the team he made the right back position his own and was generally very impressive for a player in his first full season. He hasn’t been quite as good this season but the team as a whole have been poorer defensively which probably hasn’t helped. He’s also been covering at left back recently and has played in midfield a couple of times too. 

He’s quite hit and miss going forward but he’s good at getting up and down the park and generally pretty solid defensively. There’s definitely potential there for him to become a Championship level full-back. 

I have family that are big Airdrie fans and they like him very much and are glad that he's been loaned straight back. Interesting signing. 
Best break it to them that a loan back hasn't been agreed then.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
25 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Best break it to them that a loan back hasn't been agreed then.

Eh it has, per the clubs tweet he's available for the next 3 weeks and after that will go back to Airdrie when L1 kicks off again.

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Before we go any further, we have to clarify his name.

Is it McDonald or Macdonald?

Mac as in Mac n Cheese. We'll just call him Cheesy as a tribute to the main man McAusland.

Eh it has, per the clubs tweet he's available for the next 3 weeks and after that will go back to Airdrie when L1 kicks off again.
Crawford's piece on the club website doesnt read that way, I'll stand corrected if it happens.

“Initially and dependent on when the suspension lifts regarding League One and League Two, it maybe that Kyle goes back to Airdrie on loan to see the season out.”

The article on the official site seems to confirm he’s going out on loan, but Crawford’s quote seems to suggest he might not. Maybe dependent on transfer window rules, if the suspension lasts any longer?

I'm not sure where he fits in the team, if at all right now. Comrie has right back tied up for the rest of his days if he wants and Edwards is doing fine at left back. Maybe the injury news for Martin is worse than we thought?? 

We've got Mayo who has been ok at right back as well (except the Rovers game) and Murray is capable of filling in at left back as well as young FENTON.