Walking Down The Halbeath Road

38 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Martin comes in for Mayo or Comrie at this point who have both had poor defensive moments the last few games. Edwards pretty much first name on the team sheet and rightly so. 

When’s comrie made significant mistakes?

And Edwards isn’t first name on the team sheet,   More like 8th or 9th. 

39 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

When’s comrie made significant mistakes?

And Edwards isn’t first name on the team sheet,   More like 8th or 9th. 

He has impressed me this season, going forward he's looked very dangerous and, the majority of the time, solid at the back. I wouldn't go as far as saying he is the first name on the team sheet but he is a vastly improved player this season. 

Don't think Martin will be straight in as soon as he's fit tbh.

Guest Axle Grease

Declan McManus is the division's top scorer for now. 

If he maintains that position till the end of the season I will admit to being surprised. 

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just seen the results of that survey.

Only 66% of people said they would get vaccinated. People are disgustingly stupid.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Concerning amount of absolute morons in this country that believe anything controversial without a shred of evidence to back it up.

Just now, DAFC. said:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Concerning amount of absolute morons in this country that believe anything controversial without a shred of evidence to back it up.

But they read something on Facebook! 

It's like these folk have a script. They'll claim to have 'done their research' (videos on Facebook and/or obscure articles elsewhere) and will claim some sort of conspiracy, sometimes involving microchips in the vaccine and usually claiming that vaccines cause autism. A popular one is to ask if you'd trust the government to make a vaccine, ignoring that the government didn't actually make it. Sheep/sheeple is in there, but they try not to use that too much as it gives them away.

They may also claim that the whole COVID thing is a scam for 'big pharma' to be able to make a fake vaccine for to make money, ignoring that 'big pharma' pump out all sorts of drugs all the time and have no need to do such a thing. This also ignores that in a tanking worldwide economy any such profits will be severely lessened anyway. It also ignores that they've had to spend loads to fast track it.

But then conspiracy theorist morons don't have the capacity to think about such things.

Edited by DA Baracus

But they read something on Facebook! 
It's like these folk have a script. They'll claim to have 'done their research' (videos on Facebook and/or obscure articles elsewhere) and will claim some sort of conspiracy, sometimes involving microchips in the vaccine and usually claiming that vaccines cause autism. A popular one is to ask if you'd trust the government to make a vaccine, ignoring that the government didn't actually make it. Sheep/sheeple is in there, but they try not to use that too much as it gives them away.
They may also claim that the whole COVID thing is a scam for 'big pharma' to be able to make a fake vaccine for to make money, ignoring that 'big pharma' pump out all sorts of drugs all the time and have no need to do such a thing. This also ignores that in a tanking worldwide economy any such profits will be severely lessened anyway. It also ignores that they've had to spend loads to fast track it.
But then conspiracy theorist morons don't have the capacity to think about such things.
This is another bad side effect of social media the disregard of learned knowledge and structures.
Ach what does that PhD professor know who studied it for 20 years. I've googled it and he's wrong.
[emoji38]

Just seen the results of that survey.
Only 66% of people said they would get vaccinated. People are disgustingly stupid.

I’m actually relieved it was as high as that, I thought there were enough conspiracy weirdos out there to make it closer to a 50/50 split.

Still ridiculous to think that a third of people wouldn’t just fucking get it.

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

I’m actually relieved it was as high as that, I thought there were enough conspiracy weirdos out there to make it closer to a 50/50 split.

Still ridiculous to think that a third of people wouldn’t just fucking get it.

I don't get it. I can perhaps understand if folk are a bit unsure due to how quickly it has been produced, but aside from that don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to get it, especially when the vast majority of them will have received vaccines in school and that other one around 2005ish (forget what that was!).

They'll seem even sillier if having proof of having had it done becomes a requirement for some things, such as travelling to certain countries.

Who knows how they'd feel if they caught it and passed it on to a vulnerable relative who became seriously ill or even died.

Edited by DA Baracus

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't get it. I can perhaps understand if folk are a bit unsure due to how quickly it has been produced, but aside from that don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to get it, especially when the vast majority of them will have received vaccines in school and that other one around 2005ish (forget what that was!).

They'll seem even sillier if having proof of having had it done becomes a requirement for some things, such as travelling to certain countries.

Who knows how they'd feel if they caught it and passed it on to a vulnerable relative who became seriously ill or even died.

Probably say something like "They could have died of flu as well" 

Wonder what the vaccine you are referring to being administered in 2005? I can remember everyone at high school getting a vaccine for something in 2007 but no idea what that was for. 

Edited by DAFC.