Walking Down The Halbeath Road

59 minutes ago, smpar said:

I can’t be the only Pars fan that’s absolutely gutted to have lost the shootout against St Johnstone now that Rangers have been knocked out?

I wasn't too bothered by it, as when your playing an established, well-drilled Premiership team you're going in to it with more hope than expectation.

Nevertheless, regardless if Hibs or other Premiership teams were left, it is a fantastic opportunity now for one of the smaller teams to win a major trophy. I am more gutted about it now, but if we drew Hibs in the semi, like I assume would be the case, then we would be really up against it. So, I'm slightly gutted about it more after the current buns' result, but we still gave a good account of ourselves and you can't ask much more from the players. 

8 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Not sure if I’ve missed something about why we’re likely to get so few points from the coming games? Crawford has won his last two games against Robbie Neilson and there’s no reason why we can’t expect to take points in the other games. 

This. Dundee are pish and we've already beaten Abroath, away btw, who also sit bottom of the league. One bad day at the office against Morton, who we can never seem to get the better of, and it's doom and gloom. 

25 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Not sure if I’ve missed something about why we’re likely to get so few points from the coming games? Crawford has won his last two games against Robbie Neilson and there’s no reason why we can’t expect to take points in the other games. 

To use the classic football cliche, on paper it's a tough run of games. Our record away to Dundee is poor, both teams' form is very similar. The wee team gave us a decent game a couple of weeks ago. Inverness' form is very good just now and Hearts away will clearly be difficult.

I don't mean to be negative Nelly, however it's just as possible that we pick up 1 point from those five as it is we take 9 or 10.

8 minutes ago, smpar said:

To use the classic football cliche, on paper it's a tough run of games. Our record away to Dundee is poor, both teams' form is very similar. The wee team gave us a decent game a couple of weeks ago. Inverness' form is very good just now and Hearts away will clearly be difficult.

I don't mean to be negative Nelly, however it's just as possible that we pick up 1 point from those five as it is we take 9 or 10.

There is that strange habit under Crawford of long runs of being decent, followed by long runs of gashness. Don’t think we’ve ever lost by more than two goals in the league under him (sure someone will correct me). 

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

There is that strange habit under Crawford of long runs of being decent, followed by long runs of gashness. Don’t think we’ve ever lost by more than two goals in the league under him (sure someone will correct me). 

Nope you're quite right.

Would be very, very harsh to drop Edwards for him. Martin is a fine player, but I don’t think it’s fair to drop Edwards tbh. Martin is also nowhere near as good playing at CB compared to LB. Unless there are shortages or injuries, then he absolutely has to play LB. However, as I’ve said, Edwards has been playing well this season so Crawford will have some tough decisions to make once he’s back.

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

When Martin is back, do we play him left back or would you drop someone to play him in the middle?

For me he definitely has to start once able.

Edwards has been one of our most consistent performers. Martin is fantastic but I’m not sure I’d put him in the team. I would give edwards a rest but not drop him. I think the problems in our side is lack of ideas and options upfront. If possible we should sign another attacker, someone who can hold the ball up or another Thomas type player. We are fucked if Thomas or McManus get injured. 

Martin will be a tremendous asset once back, he can also cover right back and midfield.

58 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Edwards has been one of our most consistent performers. Martin is fantastic but I’m not sure I’d put him in the team. I would give edwards a rest but not drop him. I think the problems in our side is lack of ideas and options upfront. If possible we should sign another attacker, someone who can hold the ball up or another Thomas type player. We are fucked if Thomas or McManus get injured. 

Martin will be a tremendous asset once back, he can also cover right back and midfield.

Martin is far superior to Edwards. Edwards has improved a lot this season but his passing is far too often terrible 

If fit Martin absolutely has to start over Edwards if Martin is to play left back.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Martin is far superior to Edwards. Edwards has improved a lot this season but his passing is far too often terrible 

If fit Martin absolutely has to start over Edwards if Martin is to play left back.

You’re right but it would be unfair to edwards to drop him. I don’t see left back as one of our problems. He’s been doing well defensively and going forward. I thought he was our best player against saints and made a few brilliant tackles against hearts.

I’d rest a couple players for the game against Arbroath before ICT midweek, which will be a very tough game, but I don’t think Martin is anywhere close to being fit just now to be considered for that.

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I wouldn't drop Edwards right now, he's playing totally fine.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

You’re right but it would be unfair to edwards to drop him. I don’t see left back as one of our problems. He’s been doing well defensively and going forward. I thought he was our best player against saints and made a few brilliant tackles against hearts.

Edwards' passing is far too lax and he gives away possession far too often. Martin is also a better defender in general. We should be playing our best players when we can.

Martin is a better footballer than Edwards.

Edwards has improved greatly this season,  but there’s still a few moments where he’s struggled.   To his credit he’s seems to adapt in games when this happens.  It would be a bit harsh to drop him, but that’s football,   We should have our best players on the pitch whenever possible.

Regardless until we hear of Martin being fit it’s not really something Crawford needs to deal with,  and even once he is fit it’s possible that injuries or suspension to others will mean he plays in a different position.

Edited by parsforlife

Edwards' passing is far too lax and he gives away possession far too often. Martin is also a better defender in general. We should be playing our best players when we can.
Martin on his day is the best defender at the club. No idea how far off he is from being match fit so as said above, it's not a problem to consider right now.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Martin is a better footballer than Edwards.

Edwards is improved greatly this season,  but there’s still a few moments where he’s struggled.   To his credit he’s seems to adapt in games when this happens.  It would be a bit harsh to drop him, but that’s football,   We should have our best players on the pitch whenever possible.

Regardless until we here of Martin being fit it’s not really something Crawford needs to deal with,  and even once he is fit it’s possible that injuries or suspension to others will mean he plays in a different position.

Aye Edwards has improved loads this season and had generally done well.