Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, 101 said:

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=PST_Survey&ID=12709

It would be really helpful if you can fill this out. Also if the number of fans i.e won't return before 1000s rather than 100s then feel free to detail that in the free text section.

Done. A varied choice of answers might give a better idea of how folk feel about specific areas. I've basically answered that I'd be prepared to attend regardless of circumstances, but things like having toilet facilities, sitting with household members and needing to be vaccinated might need more of a 'Keith's appraisals' approach (strongly agree, to some extent etc) to the answers. 

19 minutes ago, smpar said:

Done. A varied choice of answers might give a better idea of how folk feel about specific areas. I've basically answered that I'd be prepared to attend regardless of circumstances, but things like having toilet facilities, sitting with household members and needing to be vaccinated might need more of a 'Keith's appraisals' approach (strongly agree, to some extent etc) to the answers. 

Cheers the reason it was a binary choice is because it could be I don't see it being fair or safe for stewards to intervene and check that every group sat together is form the same bubble so it made sense hypothetically to ask if folk would attend sat on their own. As for the vaccine I could see that being mandatory before we get back to normal as it was pre covid but the one thing folk the majority of folk (so far)  wouldn't attend without is toilet facilities. 

Winter football with no toilets, food, singing or being able to sit near pals or family plus standing outside in the rain to get in an hour before.

Nah, will happily stay at home until things are a bit better.

Edit and I mean pay money to watch online

What's the point of these kinds of surveys? Of course fans want to return to games, but it simply isn't happening until restrictions are eased.

No matter how many of these surveys are put forward, they won't budge the restrictions.

Also why are they mentioning that fans can return in England? What's the relevance? It's a different country with different guidance and restrictions.

Hopefully this isn't going down the route Aberdeen have went.

I know it says that it is to 'better prepare for the fans return', but we were told a while back that clubs are prepared. I'm unsure what data this survey can provide to help 'prepare' for the return of fans that wasn't thought of and planned for long ago (i.e. I'm certain plans were drawn up a while back that detailed how the club would manage fans in line with social distancing).

19 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Winter football with no toilets, food, singing or being able to sit near pals or family plus standing outside in the rain to get in an hour before.

Nah, will happily stay at home until things are a bit better.

Edit and I mean pay money to watch online

I would agree.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's the point of these kinds of surveys? Of course fans want to return to games, but it simply isn't happening until restrictions are eased.

No matter how many of these surveys are put forward, they won't budge the restrictions.

Also why are they mentioning that fans can return in England? What's the relevance? It's a different country with different guidance and restrictions.

Hopefully this isn't going down the route Aberdeen have went.

I know it says that it is to 'better prepare for the fans return', but we were told a while back that clubs are prepared. I'm unsure what data this survey can provide to help 'prepare' for the return of fans that wasn't thought of and planned for long ago (i.e. I'm certain plans were drawn up a while back that detailed how the club would manage fans in line with social distancing).

The point of the survey was to really understand the appetite for a return with restrictions, we have no idea if it's likely that we could fill the stadium to its max capacity with social distancing or if we could even shift 300 tickets. I'm not sure about the firm stance I would like to think once a % of the population is vaccinated they will have to look at all aspects of the restrictions. I would also like Dunfermline to have data to be able to be used with local decision makers should that be necessary.

The England thing dunno makes no sense I didn't write that bit - We have exactly the same situation as England, when the virus prevalence is low enough fans will be back in (Tiers 0&1)

The problem with saying clubs were prepared is that was using SPFL guidance which as far as I know hasn't been looked at since July/ August obviously things have moved on since then and fans might even have seen how it works in practise and in September would have been gagging to be back at EEP but in reality being sat in a 2m circle with no-one around you, is that really something people want to do in January and February? I think it was worth asking. If you have any other comments feel free to DM me :)

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I would agree.

The point of the survey was to really understand the appetite for a return with restrictions, we have no idea if it's likely that we could fill the stadium to its max capacity with social distancing or if we could even shift 300 tickets. I'm not sure about the firm stance I would like to think once a % of the population is vaccinated they will have to look at all aspects of the restrictions. I would also like Dunfermline to have data to be able to be used with local decision makers should that be necessary.

The England thing dunno makes no sense I didn't write that bit - We have exactly the same situation as England, when the virus prevalence is low enough fans will be back in (Tiers 0&1)

The problem with saying clubs were prepared is that was using SPFL guidance which as far as I know hasn't been looked at since July/ August obviously things have moved on since then and fans might even have seen how it works in practise and in September would have been gagging to be back at EEP but in reality being sat in a 2m circle with no-one around you, is that really something people want to do in January and February? I think it was worth asking. If you have any other comments feel free to DM me :)

That's a reasoned response, although I think there's absolutely no chance of anything more than 300 fans in for any games this season.

Next season looks more promising though.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

That's a reasoned response, although I think there's absolutely no chance of anything more than 300 fans in for any games this season.

Next season looks more promising though.

The thing I think we can make progress on is 300 people but for some reason in all the "test" events they have been stuck in one stand what's the difference if its 300 people to a stand or whatever to me the SPFL picked a number out the air and the SG went "aye sounds fine" but no point us trying to do anything with it unless we know more than 300 are interested. I, thankfully, don't think the crowd is make or break this season financially.

The PST and PU CiC had a good meeting with the new investors in the last fortnight or so and it was good to see their enthusiasm first hand, nothing new or earth shattering came out of the meeting sadly.

Guest Axle Grease
7 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Players and clubs not adhering to the restrictions and throw in the utter fuckwits of one cheek who protested outside parkehead midweek doesn,t help the cause of getting crowds back into grounds in numbers anytime soon

I also blame an anti-footballing Government. Rugby fannies. 

2 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

I also blame an anti-footballing Government. Rugby fannies. 

:lol: rugby and football are the only 2 sports to of had crowds. Look for conspiracy elsewhere champ, maybe be a horse racing fan if you want a chip on your shoulder.

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, 101 said:

:lol: rugby and football are the only 2 sports to of had crowds. Look for conspiracy elsewhere champ, maybe be a horse racing fan if you want a chip on your shoulder.

Ram it, ya rugby supporting roaster (hows that?)