Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Unless Soccerbase is a lying c**t, Comrie will (probably) have played more games for Dunfermline than he had accumulated in his career prior to signing for us (53, he's on 40 at the moment). 

A bit of completely useless information for you all. 

On 29/11/2020 at 20:04, RandomGuy. said:

Remarkably, despite being at Saints when games were recorded on potatoes, Liam Craig is still here, and hes coming for you...

Why do Saints fans have such a hard-on for this game and rub it in our face as if we had any chance of winning the league that season? We were miles off it. 

We were actually decent that season tbf but we had a God awful post-festive run (think we might have lost 6 games and drew 2 after the new year) but we had great cup runs. We probably should have got to Hampden for the League Cup as well as the Scottish Cup if it wasn't for some bizarre refereeing decisions, outstanding saves from Zaluska and bawhair misses from ourselves against Dundee United in the quarter-final. 

17 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Why do Saints fans have such a hard-on for this game and rub it in our face as if we had any chance of winning the league that season? We were miles off it. 

It was a sensational day tbh. Big away crowd, sure that result took us top in a season that felt like it was inevitable we'd get promoted, and East End Park is a great away day.

Its still memorable because the majority of "away days" you get in the top flight are absolutely fucking dire. Genuinely gutted this is behind closed doors.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Comrie is far better than him.  Can't remember Reid being anything more than a solid league 1 right back.

Mm, he was no international star but he played a couple of season in the top division with Motherwell and was a regular in the Championship with both ourselves and Morton before that. Not offering a view on whether he was better than Comrie or not (I've barely seen Comrie) but he was certainly more than a "solid League 1 right back".

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Mm, he was no international star but he played a couple of season in the top division with Motherwell and was a regular in the Championship with both ourselves and Morton before that. Not offering a view on whether he was better than Comrie or not (I've barely seen Comrie) but he was certainly more than a "solid League 1 right back".

He was only with us for a few months, during League One. 

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He was only with us for a few months, during League One. 

I'm aware of that. It doesn't change the fact that an assessment of him a no more than a "solid league one right back" significantly under-rates him as a player. If you sign Lionel Messi in January for the rest of the season he won't be a "decent Championship striker".

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Comrie is one of the most consistent players I've seen at Dunfermline for a long time, miles ahead of Reid. Has Rooney turned into a competent footballer over the last 2 years?

Dunfermline fans constantly using Rooney as some form of example is weird.

Not only is he about 4th choice in every position for us, he's quite clearly miles above Comrie physically, which is why a Premiership side has gambled on his potential, yet left the 2ft tall/towing a truck Comrie, in the second tier.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dunfermline fans constantly using Rooney as some form of example is weird.

Not only is he about 4th choice in every position for us, he's quite clearly miles above Comrie physically, which is why a Premiership side has gambled on his potential, yet left the 2ft tall/towing a truck Comrie, in the second tier.

Free transfer :lol:

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Free transfer :lol:

Well exactly.

Rooney was a cheap punt because he's massive and rapid. Quite why him getting a top flight team is some proof Comrie could cope at the top flight is beyond me.

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Let's look at some stats shall we?

Comrie- absolutely fucking baller

Rooney- absolute fucking horse shit

This was probably one of Comries better defensive performances.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's almost as if you're refusing to believe the lad has improved in the two and almost a half years since that single performance. 

Well its only been 12 months and 26 games since he left Saints, so I'm hardly going to believe he's turned into a competent RB am I?