Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Anyone but St Johnstone so we don’t need to read through paragraphs upon paragraphs from that tedious Saints fan who’s played football manager before so thinks he’s a manager. 

I see your wish has been granted, eh?

A decent enough draw for us given we’re at home and could have drew Rangers or Hibs who are absolutely miles better than the rest of the teams in the competition.

29 minutes ago, smpar said:

Lo and behold, it’s the Saintees.

St Johnstone at home, it’s a winnable tie. I’m sure they’ll be saying the same mind.

28 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I see your wish has been granted, eh?

A decent enough draw for us given we’re at home and could have drew Rangers or Hibs who are absolutely miles better than the rest of the teams in the competition.

2CABC1F2-A07D-4FF4-A60F-FF9F0652F9A0.jpeg

I remember that replay well. @Stellaboz

We weren't very good at the time but still, to blow that lead was so poor. I still remember taking money off pals at half-time to get tickets for the Celtic game in the next round, which was possibly as soon as the Saturday following. That worked out well! 

Big Dijkhuizen and Andy Tod battering defenders all over the shop.

Looking forward to this, both teams going for it, should make for a great game. 

10 minutes ago, Radford said:

Looking forward to this, both teams going for it, should make for a great game. 

We have good attacking threats but we are not really a go for it team. Crawford will have us organised and difficult to break down first and foremost.

Edited by Chubbychops

I forgot how much of a hard on Saints fans had for thinking Comrie is the worst full back to have ever played the game. A ballsy claim when Rooney is getting the occasional game for them, it seems like it's almost plausible for players to improve over time. 

It's absolutely possible that we can beat them, likewise I'd imagine it's about as good a draw as the Saintees could've hoped for (outwith Alloa), I'm looking forward to it, been years since we've had anything approaching a cup run so it should be a good occasion, I predict it will be a very tight and cagey affair with few goals. 

Yet another to add to the “shite that fans can’t go to this one” list. With our form and a chance at our first Hampden trip (for a semi final) in 11 years, this would have had potential for a terrific atmosphere.

Yet another to add to the “shite that fans can’t go to this one” list. With our form and a chance at our first Hampden trip (for a semi final) in 11 years, this would have had potential for a terrific atmosphere.
Seni finals in the League Cup don't generally get played at Hampden these days, and if fans aren't allowed there would be no need for them to be played there this season either.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
8 hours ago, smpar said:

Seni finals in the League Cup don't generally get played at Hampden these days, and if fans aren't allowed there would be no need for them to be played there this season either.

There's been a few played out with Hampden since we got to the semis but majority is at Hampden. Think it just depends on who it is. This season, for example, although it is highly unlikely, if we beat Saints, Alloa beat Hibs and we draw each other in the semis, they would have to play it at one of the Edinburgh clubs' grounds. That's obviously if fans were allowed. Even at that we'd probably take 8k if you're lucky. Alloa 3k at most? 

They absolutely shouldn't be played at Hampden if it's two of the "lesser" teams that both would be lucky to get 15k at Hampden together. It just makes more sense to play it somewhere neutral where you can get a full crowd and a good atmosphere. Not this season obviously. Just depends on the teams tbf. 

18 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I forgot how much of a hard on Saints fans had for thinking Comrie is the worst full back to have ever played the game. A ballsy claim when Rooney is getting the occasional game for them, it seems like it's almost plausible for players to improve over time. 

It's absolutely possible that we can beat them, likewise I'd imagine it's about as good a draw as the Saintees could've hoped for (outwith Alloa), I'm looking forward to it, been years since we've had anything approaching a cup run so it should be a good occasion, I predict it will be a very tight and cagey affair with few goals. 

Again I think you will find that was mainly Random..I for one thought that Comrie had a lot of potential. He had a couple of bad games which destroyed his confidence and so it was probably best that he had a fresh start somewhere else..

57 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Again I think you will find that was mainly Random..I for one thought that Comrie had a lot of potential. He had a couple of bad games which destroyed his confidence and so it was probably best that he had a fresh start somewhere else..

He's done well, ironically I'd say a good step up for him next would be a move to a team like St Johnstone, but I doubt that'll happen, probably a St Mirren or a Motherwell if they don't keep SoD. 

Or we might get promoted I suppose.