Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

How much has Nisbet’s value increased already? 10x?

At least, just hope he doesn't keep up the "I don't fancy England" pish. I hope Hibs spend the summer whoring him to some Chinese outfit for £100m

Just now, Rob1885 said:
5 hours ago, Shandön Par said:
How much has Nisbet’s value increased already? 10x?

Definitely. Could see him going to Celtic in the summer for 4 or 5 million.

Why so little? If he keeps this scoring rate up he would be worth at least 10, in my opinion

Murray is seemingly being watched by a few clubs now.

Can see a cheeky bid (in terms of it being nowhere near enough) or two for him in January.

Anyway, who are we getting from Raith next? They're a good feeder team.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Murray is seemingly being watched by a few clubs now.

Can see a cheeky bid (in terms of it being nowhere near enough) or two for him in January.

Anyway, who are we getting from Raith next? They're a good feeder team.

Probably the boy Many Duku he seems to be scoring a fair few goals and only on a deal til April

The examples of people who have gone on to ''bigger things'' amount to nothing more than being a Premiership reserve player for a season. Folk like Spence, White, MIllen and Rooney and Byrne. I can honestly say I still wouldn't want any of them back.
I don't think it's fans. Too easy to blame.  There are clubs that produce great talents but have even worse fans than ours. I actually doubt our scouting network has much of a far reach due to finance and also FIfe doesn't produce the same quality of footballers as Lanarkshire and Ayrshire. The best young talents are generally found in the West. I know there are some obvious exceptions to that , but in term of producing a high volume of quality young players, it's teams like Motherwell and Killie over the years who have done this successfully outside of the big Cities.

“Fife doesn’t produce the same quality of footballers as Lanarkshire and Ayrshire”?!

I can assure you that some of the best footballing talent at youth level comes from Fife. It’s just there is no tier 1 (elite) academy in Fife so they end up elsewhere. I would have thought having Fife Elite (third tier - Performance) would have allowed collective investment on a scale which would have got them to tier 1 but sadly not the case. Hoping that the our German investors are able fix this as developing talent seemed to be what they were bringing to the par-ty.

If three academy’s come in for your kid, one from each tier, which academy are you likely to have him sign for? One closest, or one that’s best?

37 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

If three academy’s come in for your kid, one from each tier, which academy are you likely to have him sign for? One closest, or one that’s best?

The one that's best. However, 'best' is a subjective term not necessarily answered by which one is Elite. The one with the best recent record for developing a pathway to first team football wouldnt necessarily be the one with all the bells and whistles.

The one that's best. However, 'best' is a subjective term not necessarily answered by which one is Elite. The one with the best recent record for developing a pathway to first team football wouldnt necessarily be the one with all the bells and whistles.

Hence use of “likely”. There are other factors to consider of course, practicality of distance, and as you mention the record of blooding youngsters to first team etc.

Then there are facilities, access to same physios as first team, schooling arrangements etc.

I realise it’s not as binary (elite v other) as my original proposition suggested.

55 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm interested to see how the youth system in Fife moves forward. Rovers have certainly seen the benefits from FEFA: In recent seasons we've brought through Kieron Bowie who was sold on for a 6 figure fee plus add ons. We've also got Dylan Tait who continues to improve and a player you'd imagine we'll struggle to keep a hold of. I don't think it's out of the question for Tait to make a move down south and we might be looking for a similar fee. Seemingly Quinn Coulson is a Pars fan but chose ourselves out of the two clubs and it wouldn't surprise me if McGlynn is pointing out that we've got a track record of giving young players game time (Vaughan, Callachan, Matthews, Laidlaw etc). 

On 01/11/2020 at 16:29, pantene proV said:

Tait has no links to FEFA though? 

From The Rovers site,  https://www.raithrovers.net/players

Dylan Tait

Position: Midfielder

Born: 1st December 2001 

Home Sponsor: Nanette Pearson

Away Sponsor: John & Philip Drysdale

Previous Clubs: Partick Thistle (youth), Fife Elite FA

First Signed: Jan 2019

Contracted Until: June 2022 (Full Time)