Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Comrie looks to be out for Saturday. Martin having an MRI. Looks like he will be out for a while.

Thought Whittaker was poor at right back on Saturday. Not sure who we play there now? Ian Wilson apparently played there before. Would rather have him in midfield though, think he's a really good signing.

Stevie talking about being tight an narrow but still having a goal threat. Still think he is too cautious a manager but results prove him right so far. We should be trying to stay on the front foot more often. Too happy to sit back when we get in commanding positions.

Edited by Chubbychops

I’m pretty sure Murray can play there, I think he did so as a youngster and has proven with us to be quite adaptable.   mayo in and Murray at right back is an option.

i thought Whittaker did ok but it’s going to show his lack of legs up,  he might handle things better if he can have Dow in front of him.

Being without both Comrie and Martin is incredibly frustrating.

We'll miss Comrie at right back, without question. He's been Mr Consistent since he signed last summer. Whittaker hopefully does fine but he won't be bombing up and down the touchline and I'm worried his lack of pace might get exposed there. Having Martin out for even longer just delays when we'll officially be able to lift the league trophy. 

I’m pretty sure Murray can play there, I think he did so as a youngster and has proven with us to be quite adaptable.   mayo in and Murray at right back is an option.
i thought Whittaker did ok but it’s going to show his lack of legs up,  he might handle things better if he can have Dow in front of him.
Being without both Comrie and Martin is incredibly frustrating.
Rather than shifting Murray, if we aren't playing Whittaker there (which we will, I'm sure of it), I'd rather keep the centre halves as they are and play Mayo there. No point un unsettling a partnership that seems to be working well.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Whittaker will be fine at right back.

Thought he was fine there at the weekend but, even if he wasn't, folk surely aren't writing him off for that position based on one game?

I wouldn't write him off. I think he had done ok in the midfield role. Reactions a pretty slow but decent when on the ball. I think Wilson is a much better option alongside Turner or McInroy but Whitaker is still a decent option to have for midfield.

As a right back I thought it really exposed his lack of pace. We might have to use him on Saturday though necessity but would fear for him up against some of Ays attacking threats.

In the middle, we play either Wilson or Whittaker. I don't think we should play both there, neither is someone who will drive forward with the ball like Turner or McInroy. 

I'm not writing off Whittaker though, he's a good player and has more experience than anyone in the squad by far. 

I thought Whittaker did fine midfield and also at right back on Saturday. He is more aggressive than a lot of our players, a few times he won the ball back with his anticipation and he also got forward a few times - on one occasion he won possession high up the pitch, Turner played him in and he got the byeline (albeit the cross came to nothing). I haven't seen anything yet to suggest he lacks the fitness to forward from full back or from midfield, simply because he is older doesn't mean his immobile. On the other flank I can't remember Edwards getting up the pitch all that often, and neither Turner nor McInroy got forward all that often either in the second half.

I am bit concerned Crawford is talking again about narrow defensively, I feel that we have invited teams on to us because of this on too many occasions. More encouragingly he did also state that we sat too deep against Queens in the second half, that's the one area from our performances so far that I think we can improve on. 

Great achievement by Craw and Murray though, I doubt we'll see Murray at EEP next season.

His contract runs out in 2021, yeah?

Unless we go up then there’s no chance he’ll be at EEP next season.

Any other season I’d suggest trying to get another year or even two on his contract but I don’t know how sensible that’d be right now.

If he continues to have a good season and indeed move up to the Premiership we’d be as well making a few quid out of it.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Any other season I’d suggest trying to get another year or even two on his contract but I don’t know how sensible that’d be right now.

If he continues to have a good season and indeed move up to the Premiership we’d be as well making a few quid out of it.

Won't be upto us, there's not a chance he's going to sign a contract extension with us when bugger clubs are circling, I'm sure we'd love to tie him down further.