Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Kingsley seems a class above this level. Marshall definitely isn’t.  Martin was a better player than him last year and will be again.

Agreed.

Marshall is a decent player but Martin is not only a better left back, he can also play anywhere in a back four.

On the automatic starter front,  IMO we probably have 5.   Martin, Comrie,  Murray, Thomas and Dow.   McManus,   OFW and Whittaker will be a stage bellow that in being comfortable starters but might drop out if they have a few poor games in a row.

For as much as competition for places is good, I’m quite happy that a decent % of the team will be consistent and can be relied upon to put in a decent performance most weeks.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

On the automatic starter front,  IMO we probably have 5.   Martin, Comrie,  Murray, Thomas and Dow.   McManus,   OFW and Whittaker will be a stage bellow that in being comfortable starters but might drop out if they have a few poor games in a row.

For as much as competition for places is good, I’m quite happy that a decent % of the team will be consistent and can be relied upon to put in a decent performance most weeks.

Would include OFW in the former group. He'll have to go some to be replaced by Gill. Likewise McManus will start the majority of games unless he's really shit.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but with their recent goals, O'Hara and Nisbet have both done things that to my eyes look like they have been coached into them. As if the players actually listen to what Stevie tells them.  
Nisbet spoke a lot about Crawford improving him as a player during last season and the prospect of it had been one of the main factors in initially signing.

13 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
17 hours ago, Shandön Par said:
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but with their recent goals, O'Hara and Nisbet have both done things that to my eyes look like they have been coached into them. As if the players actually listen to what Stevie tells them.  

Nisbet spoke a lot about Crawford improving him as a player during last season and the prospect of it had been one of the main factors in initially signing.

Cheers. Obviously you see managers/coaches' influence on how a team sets up, on fitness, organisation etc but it's quite noticeable at times that these strikers have added things to their game that Crawford used to do. That in turn must give them a good bit of belief in the manager. Or maybe it was just the shitey cameras at Alloa that had me thinking O'Hara was Crawford. 

Thomas Bragg’s contract has been mutually terminated. Is that a “you’re clearly never getting a shot at the first team so cheerio and good luck” or is there anything more to it?

35 minutes ago, smpar said:

Thomas Bragg’s contract has been mutually terminated. Is that a “you’re clearly never getting a shot at the first team so cheerio and good luck” or is there anything more to it?

Would imagine the former.

We've shipped out quite a few over the last few weeks, either on loan or out the door.

Having no reserve team will be dictating a lot of these moves. Greg Shield's work from last year looks to have produced very little for the first team.  Think I prefer using his skills on the first team anyway, as he's  seems to have a lot to offer,  to be just working with kids.  Read a few of the first team players in interviews saying how great it has been working with him.

Edited by Chubbychops

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

We've shipped out quite a few over the last few weeks, either on loan or out the door.

Having no reserve team will be dictating a lot of these moves. Greg Shield's work from last year looks to have produced very little for the first team.  Think I prefer using his skills on the first team anyway, as he's  seems to have a lot to offer,  to be just working with kids.  Read a few of the first team players in interviews saying how great it has been working with him.

We can't expect instant results. A year isn't enough to start producing players ready for the first team.

P.S. Who is Greg Shield?*

*I know what you meant. I'm just being pedantic.