Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Does anyone remember this friendly?! I have absolutely no recollection of this whatsoever  https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?t=San+Juan+Jabloteh+match+report&SID=First+Team&D=2008-03-18&ID=418

Aye, came out of nowhere for the time really. I'm sure the team used to have Marvin Andrews play for them? 

Add me to the list of folk with absolutely no clue this ever happened.
As an aside, what a honking Pars top that was.
The adidas season was a weird one. Some class training gear tae. Wasted opportunity as they'll never do business with them again.

32 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The adidas season was a weird one. Some class training gear tae. Wasted opportunity as they'll never do business with them again.

Aye I mind there was some smart training stuff.

Do you mean Adidas will never do business with the club again, or vice versa? What's the story?

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Do you mean Adidas will never do business with the club again, or vice versa? What's the story?

Aye Adidas have us blacklisted due to withholding cash.

😅 Not a shock to hear!

49 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye Adidas have us blacklisted due to withholding cash.

From what I've heard it's not Adidas, it's a sub company who sells Adidas, we're not nearly big time enough to deal with Adidas direct. 

From what I've heard it's not Adidas, it's a sub company who sells Adidas, we're not nearly big time enough to deal with Adidas direct. 

Would make sense. The strategy of going with them to replace Lotto the week before the cup final was drawn up on the back of a fag packet.

18 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I had a red training top that was smart as f*ck. The Chelsea away kit was smart with white socks. The home top is just diabolical. 

I can remember the game taking place, but never went to it. Imagine being from Trinidad and Tobago and having to come to Scotland for a game where it's pretty much winter after September. 

Good to get a 3 goal win against Alloa, who we didn’t manage to beat at all last season. Wasn’t pretty, but winning ‘ugly’ by 3 goals is decent.

Hopefully O’Hara can kick on from this. Brilliant response to getting dropped.

23 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Expect to make it 9 points from 9 next week and then we're cooking with gas. Solid start.

Pars 1-1 QoS incoming. 

Anyone have any idea what Watson's injury was?

Thankfully we seem to have good cover with Mayo and Martin.

Talking of Martin, he must be near a return to the first team. However, Crawford has shown that he will make players fight for positions, so perhaps he is fit but feels Edwards is doing fine? 

I've criticised Edwards' passing in the last two games before today, but he's been decent defensively in those games, save for one moment against Kilmarnock. He was decent again today. He did see a lot less of the ball going forward, although I'm not sure that was deliberate. However, if I've noticed his poor distribution then other teams will have. 

In saying that, his passing was absolutely fine today. Can't say he misplaced any at all. I do rate him in general and think he'll get better all round, and think he's a good player to have in the squad.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone have any idea what Watson's injury was?

Thankfully we seem to have good cover with Mayo and Martin.

Talking of Martin, he must be near a return to the first team. However, Crawford has shown that he will make players fight for positions, so perhaps he is fit but feels Edwards is doing fine? 

I've criticised Edwards' passing in the last two games before today, but he's been decent defensively in those games, save for one moment against Kilmarnock. He was decent again today. He did see a lot less of the ball going forward, although I'm not sure that was deliberate. However, if I've noticed his poor distribution then other teams will have. 

In saying that, his passing was absolutely fine today. Can't say he misplaced any at all. I do rate him in general and think he'll get better all round, and think he's a good player to have in the squad.

Watson doesn't get mentioned in the past match press conference so I guess not too bad fingers crossed but Martin would be available to slot in.

I think Edwards is good steady cover for us and young enough that he might come good, but Martin on song is by far a better player.

A fit Martin plays.  No questions, no excuses,  he plays.   It’s possibly a little unfortunate there’s no reserve games for him to prove his fitness in. At worst if he doesn’t get game time in the next two league games he plays against Clyde and can come into the starting 11 for the rest of the season.