Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

That wasn't the league opener. Away to Brechin 1-6 was and is definitely a contender. The Cowden game was a week after.

Beating Inverness 4-0 in 1999 was very enjoyable.

However I'm going to go with the win at Tannadice a couple of years ago. Very enjoyable game and we looked really good. Great atmosphere in the away end as well.

Sadly the Inverness game is a bit before my time, hopefully similar scenes this weekend!

That game at Tannadice was excellent and I met an astronaut that day!

PREM TARGET

EXCLUSIVE By Robert Martin

DUNFERMLINE skipper Euan Murray has emerged as a target for several Premiership clubs.

The Pars defender has already scored three times for Stevie Crawford’s side in this season’s Betfred Cup, including Tuesday’s win over Kilmarnock.

And with the 26-year-old’s contract up next summer that form has attracted attention from a number of top flight sides.

Murray started out at Motherwell, making his debut in a 4-0 defeat to Dundee United in November 2013 before being released at the end of that season.

WV24__Killie_v_Dunfermlinejpg-JS614151544.jpg

Spells at Clyde, Western United in the Solomon Islands, Stenhousemuir, Barrow, Southport and Raith followed before he joined up at East End Park in the summer of 2019. 

The former Scotland Under-18 international impressed at the start of last season before suffering a neck injury in a 1-1 draw with Queen of the South in August.

He made his return by netting in the 3-2 defeat to Morton on January 11 at Cappielow and was was recently handed the armband ahead of the new Championship season.  

Crawford lost top scorer Kevin Nisbet to Hibs during the summer and will not want to lose another of his key men.

But with Murray free to talk to clubs from January he could now face a fight to keep a hold of his captain.

Edited by Chubbychops

The falkirk one was good.
Before the game they announced all their side as world beaters
Introducing 19 year old scotland International JOOOHNNY HOOTSHITTT
They had international flags up in the corner to show each player as well.
Joe Cardle absolutely roasted their international full back then did the same to the sub.
Pretty sure that they nearly equalised though at the end. Which was a joke as it was 1-0 but should have been 5 or 6.

Guest Axle Grease
11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not saying he’s ronaldo just far better than McGill and had proven experience. 

Disagree.

What I will say, there are better than both out there and we're now out there looking for that player.

Which is a good decision as we need to strengthen up front. 

It was obvious very early on that McGill wasn't up to it and almost certainly never will be.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he does well at Edinburgh City and comes back with confidence and starts scoring, but I think that's very unlikely.

15 hours ago, 101 said:

What would you all consider your favourite league opener? 

Mine would probably be the Cowdenbeath game when we were on the mad run of results but not 100% sure that was the opening fixture of the season

Falkirk 1-0 the year we went up. Set us up for a great season. I remember Bill Leckie covered that game and he wrote something along the lines of Presley 'bringing their touchlines in to condense the play and terrify opponents, a gesture rendered pointless as Pars went out with two wingers and tore his team to shreds'. Love to see it.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hearts looking decent tonight. Some good players and a very strong squad on paper. Dundee, unsurprisingly to this correspondent, look pish.

Dundee looked disorganised. Writing was on the wall when I saw them line up with a three at the back and it contained Forster and Ashcroft. Mind how bad Devine, Durnan and Ashcroft were with 3 at the back a couple years ago. No surprise to see the 4-1 down at half time.

Adam is going to be an attacking threat but offers nothing going back the way. Guys like Dorrans and McGowan are not going to cover the ground for him either. McPake will be first for the boot this season.

8 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Pars TV looking very good so far. Burty doing a good job as well. 

Should be fired for suggesting it makes no difference which we we are shooting. I'd be raging if they swapped ends even in an empty EEP.