Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Didn't bother paying for the stream tonight, but again it's good to see the other players grabbing the goals, even though Declan and O'Hara didn't score. I'm sure the goals will come for them, brilliant we are still winning games without them in full swing yet.

Saturday will be the biggest test to date against I.C.T though. 

Guest Axle Grease
On 12/10/2020 at 19:35, All-Star-Par said:

If anyone is bored there's currently a thread on that .net about Pars TV for overseas fans featuring the biggest meltdowns seen since Falkingham v Peterhead. Some bloke from Thailand continually claiming he pays for the volunteers petrol to away games being a personal highlight. Five minutes of fantastic reading. 

It's a shit house and forever tainted with its poor behaviour back in the clubs Admin days. I never, ever, ever... look at it. 

Guest Axle Grease

Poor 1st half last night much improved 2nd half. Still a bit short up front for me. 3 clean sheets as well, so overall good stuff Pars. 

Agree with that. First half was a complete non-entity where we struggled to break them down. Looked like they outnumbered us in the middle at times and nothing was happening much from out wide. McManus was really poor and O'Hara barely got a touch. Edwards was decent at driving us forward at times but the lack of movement ahead hindered him. 

Second half was terrific, albeit against a tiring Killie team. Thomas kicked it up a gear, Wilson really imposed himself in midfield and the back 4 dealt with anything coming their way. 

Great assists from Thomas and McManus and obviously Murray's free kick was fucking outstanding. Was that as far out as Hardie against Inverness? Couldn't be far off. 

Some good signs overall, hopefully Comrie is back in for Saturday as we miss his pace on the right. Maybe worth dropping McManus or O'Hara and playing the 4-2-3-1 we had for a bit last night, I really liked Dow being able to roam around he's such a quality player. 

I think he'll drop to one up front with two supporting from wide again on Saturday. He went with 2 up against Falkirk as we were at home and playing lower league opposition. I think he expected Killie to be weaker at the back so went for two up last night but this weekend on league duty against a team who'll be challenging us I'm sure he'll be a bit more cautious.

Great win last night. Someone put together the average age of both starting 11's and ours was younger than Killie's. Shame that it'll be looked at a youth team, but when I seen their starting 11 for the match I was shocked and half expected we'd struggle.

Noticed in the group of photos from last night that Lewis McCann looks huge! There's a photo of him coming on as a sub, it could all be angles but it looks like he dwarfs McGill who is a decent size of a loddy.

Always knew McCann was lanky, but he looks like he's hit the gym over the close season.

22 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
On 13/10/2020 at 11:59, JFPar said:
It doesn't matter what the thread is about, it always ends up in the same two idiots arguing about something irrelevant. Dotnet is gash and has been for a good 10 years.

Basically da_no_1 arguing with everyone.

No it isn't...…….

Good, solid result last night. Killie commentator's couldn't seem to make up their mind, one minute they "should have enough to see of Dunfermline" and as soon as they lost a goal they were just "a team of inexperienced young boys". Not to mention the constant mention of Gills debut, he's played 11 games lads.

Next to nothing to say on the first half. Lacklustre, training game are the words that come to mind with neither team having any sort of memorable chance. 

For the second time this season it appears Crawford sorted things out at half time and the players completely upped the tempo. Think his tactical awareness is starting to improve, noteably the small change against Falkirk to drop McManus back slightly in order to get more bodies in the middle of the park.

Stand outs for me were Wilson, Thomas and Whittaker. Wilson is an absolute unit but appears very calm on the ball and isn't shy of a challenge. DT speaks for himself and is going to be our main asset this season, that right back will be having nightmares until next season. Whitts experience shone through and was very comfortable on the ball though not as good as Comrie at getting forward, good problems to have.

What a feeling it is to finally be a threat from set pieces, E Murray will chip in with plenty of goals this season hopefully compensating the lack of from O'Hara (who I think isn't up to the mark, time will tell though). 

An absolutely sceamer from Fraser Murray capped off a very professional second half performance, I just hope for once we can take the league cup form into the league.

Edited by VinnyPar

Regarding the first half performance, it’s important to remember that until the teams were announced, we had no idea who to prepare to play against. Looked to me like we used the first half to work out the opposition and come up with a plan to beat them second half, which worked well.

Football is a very tactical game and a lot of tactical aspects of each game and the training/team meetings leading up to a match is generally about the upcoming opponents’ strengths and weaknesses. We were unable to do any of that analysis. We knew 5/6 first team players were available, but had no idea who and we had no idea what kids would be playing either.

Last 2 games have given me a bit of hope, in the sense that Crawford seems capable of changing tactics/game plan to swing the game in our favour. Last season, I wouldn’t have said that of him at all.