Walking Down The Halbeath Road

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Pleasing win.

Thought Wilson looked decent when he came on.

Agree that O'Hara looked out of sorts. Hopefully he can get up to speed again Clyde (and possibly Kilmarnock B).

We have 3 league games before we play Clyde.

O’hara did some things well, but touch and finishing weren’t quite up to speed.

I was quite pleased with Wilson,  he did an ideal job from a defensive midfielder holding onto a lead.

F. Murray didn’t really work that well in a midfield 2,  maybe he can work in a 3 but I hope we don’t see him play there too much, Turner did far better.

42 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We have 3 league games before we play Clyde.

O’hara did some things well, but touch and finishing weren’t quite up to speed.

I was quite pleased with Wilson,  he did an ideal job from a defensive midfielder holding onto a lead.

F. Murray didn’t really work that well in a midfield 2,  maybe he can work in a 3 but I hope we don’t see him play there too much, Turner did far better.

Ah yes, good point!

Would like to see Wilson start alongside Whittaker. McInroy will be back as well.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Edwards had one of his best games tonight imo

Thought he looked good going forward against Dumbarton too. Seems to panic a wee bit under pressure but I think there's good talent to work with there.

Edited by Chubbychops

Decent game, thought we were better first half first ten mins apart, you lot bossed the second. Goals were shocking to lose defensively from us, McManus I thought would have caused us more problems but we kept him quiet and O'Hara still doesn't look like he's any better than he was with us. Dom Thomas though #baller. 

Dom Thomas. What a man.

I thought we started brightly. We let Falkirk in to it a bit and they had a very good chance. In saying that though I thought we had a couple good chances in and around that to take the lead. Full second half we pretty much dominated and finally took the chances that were presented to us. We didn’t look like we were at our very best tonight. Perhaps just the players getting used to each other, but when the 4 attacking players all clicked they looked very dangerous indeed. Going back to Thomas. Holy f**k he ripped the absolute pish out them . Buzzing to see more of him. Gives me stauner like Cardle did back in the early 2010s.

53 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

McManus I thought would have caused us more problems

Thought McManus was excellent linking up with Dom second half.

Granted O'Hara was off it.   Seen enough to think we will improve him though. He's shown it with Alloa in the championship what he can do. Only turned 22 and I think he's in the right hands for developing. Look at Kev Nisbet.

While O'Hara was a little off it. He's was still able to get into situations where he could score goals, still good signs there for him.

Managed the game well and the substitutes all did well coming on.

Just keep giving Dom Thomas the ball and there's going to be chance after chance created.

Thought the midfield pairing of Murray and Whittaker didnt work ,particularly in first  half Falkirk  bossed the midfield. I was impressed the way Falkirk passed the ball around they had so many more completed passes than we did. Our front two really struggled to hold onto the ball. Again our back four looked comfortable , Watson barely looked to break sweat. Thomas MoM by a mile.

Pleasing win.
Thought Wilson looked decent when he came on.
Agree that O'Hara looked out of sorts. Hopefully he can get up to speed again Clyde (and possibly Kilmarnock B).

I liked the way Wilson was just able to slow the game down at the right times when Falkirk had a glimpse of picking up the pace a bit. It’ll be interesting to see if he can have the opposite effect when we’re chasing the game.

I actually thought we looked slightly off in the first half. Nothing major, just that passes weren’t right into feet and there were some heavy touches etc, which is absolutely fine considering the lack of football and the pitch was quite greasy looking.. looked like the ball was moving very quickly. We sorted that out quickly though and we looked far sharper in the second half, we had some neat play in tight areas.

Agree that O’Hara lacked a bit of the sharpness that the rest of the squad seemed to have. Saying that, he was marginally offside a few times in promising positions, so if he can hold the line a wee bit longer then he’ll get himself in one-on-one situations. The promising thing was that he and McManus had simple but clear roles, McManus holds the ball up and O’Hara runs in behind, which was pretty effective last night.

Pleasing to see us so menacing from set pieces as well. I can see Thomas assisting Euan Murray a few times this season.

Thought the defence looked fairly good. Doubt we’ll see much of F Murray in the middle of midfield. Turner and Wilson looked better when they came on. Could see that Murray’s more of an attack minded player than a central midfielder. McInroy will be back from international duty soon too, so shouldn’t be much need for Murray to play there. Comrie was excellent last night and Edwards did well after a shaky first half.

McManus looked good at times, but it looks like it will take time for the wingers/O’Hara to get in sync with him. Hopefully it comes together soon.

O’Hara is a positive for me. His movement was very good and timing of passes/runs will get better with game time. Likewise, his composure should improve. I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t getting into good positions.

Dom Thomas is the man though. Not the first time and won’t be the last time that he has been the difference between the sides.

If anyone is bored there's currently a thread on that .net about Pars TV for overseas fans featuring the biggest meltdowns seen since Falkingham v Peterhead. Some bloke from Thailand continually claiming he pays for the volunteers petrol to away games being a personal highlight. Five minutes of fantastic reading. 

If anyone is bored there's currently a thread on that .net about Pars TV for overseas fans featuring the biggest meltdowns seen since Falkingham v Peterhead. Some bloke from Thailand continually claiming he pays for the volunteers petrol to away games being a personal highlight. Five minutes of fantastic reading. 

Just read that after seeing your post... wow. A lot of people on that thread are the kind of people that made me stop reading .net a long time ago.