Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Will he bring goals, do you think? We have Danny Mullen and Jakubiak at the moment so we need either a battering ram (Which despite being on the small side Jakubiak is meant to be good at) or a goalscorer.

Will he bring goals, do you think? We have Danny Mullen and Jakubiak at the moment so we need either a battering ram (Which despite being on the small side Jakubiak is meant to be good at) or a goalscorer.

He’ll score a few, aye, but probably won’t be troubling the top goalscorers. I’d probably put him as 3rd choice behind Mullen and Jakubiak.

I’d have been happy enough if we’d signed him again.

I didn't think he looked interested in doing too much running off the ball and chasing things down. On the ball I thought he looked good.

We've likely been spoiled watching the work rate of Kevin Nisbet every week. That's a side of Nisbet's game that McManus will replace, hopefully his goals can be replaced between McManus and O'Hara.

Guest Axle Grease

Afolabi flattered to decieve.

There's a reason a guy with his obvious raw talent, physique and potential strength hasn't made more of an impact, he's basically too lazy.

That was my impression of him and I was keen for him to succeed as he looked promising early doors. 

There's a player there somewhere, but can his next manager get him going properly? Remains to be seen. 

I quite liked Afolabi. Would take an option like him now compared to our current striker back up.

Thought McCann would've pushed on a bit more last year and become a target man option for holding up play and give some presence up top but thought he regressed as the season went on.

McGill simply doesn't look good enough. I would offload McGill if possible and loan McCann out, I'm sure the lower leagues would have plenty interest in him and I think it could be good thing for him to get confidence and score goals.  We need another out and out striker nearer to the quality of O'Hara and McManus to give cover and competition. Bruce Anderson would be fanstastic but unlikely admittedly.

No sure who'd be available that would be any decent at this stage. Player availability list on the SPFA website doesnt make for inspiring reading for forwards. I also dont think it's been updated in a while. For example, Nat Wedderturn is still listed when he signed for Dumbarton a month ago.

The official site has us down as playing Stirling Albion at 8pm tonight. Anybody confirm this is right. Can't see anything on Stirling Albion's site. They just say that our scheduled game was cancelled on Thursday due to floodligh pylons.

11 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

The official site has us down as playing Stirling Albion at 8pm tonight. Anybody confirm this is right. Can't see anything on Stirling Albion's site. They just say that our scheduled game was cancelled on Thursday due to floodligh pylons.

The game is going ahead but not at Stirling's stadium

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
42 minutes ago, 101 said:
The game is going ahead but not at Stirling's stadium

Ohhh where? Alloa? Everybody fire through!

That's the reason I didn't say...

51 minutes ago, 101 said:

That's the reason I didn't say...

Even if I was back home, a freezing cold night trying to peek through the gates at "insert ground here" for a friendly doesn't sound like much fun. Shame it's not being streamed.