Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Murray can do both, as well as left back. There's a few players in the squad who can cover more than one position.

Fraser Murray, Dow, Thomas, Turner and McInroy and Wilson can offer creativity to some extent.

Squad seems fine to me. Folk wanting more folk in might want to take heed of the global pandemic and its rather significant effect on Scottish football.

Five signings seems a bit crazy. What kind of money do you think the club has and why do you think they should be spunking it on a bloated squad during the tightest financial times since the recession, baring in mind that income will be significantly down across all revenue streams? 
Bookmarked for when we make five further signings!!
Erm, how many is that now since that bold statement?

23 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Is there a chance you might be letting Lang go? Possibly 2+2 = 5 but he's now further down the pecking order, we desperately need defenders and we were in for him last summer.

Almost certainly, doubt to you guys though.

Edited by 101

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, lets keep adding more wages in to an already large squad. It's not like this is a time when clubs need to be saving as much money as possible and reduce outgoings as much as they can.

Don't know why you keep having a hissy fit everytime somebody suggests signing a player. McCann and McGill can be put out on loan with subsidised wages and bring another striker. 

Hissy fit? Can you please point out where this has happened? 

I'll keep raising the issue of finance when folk discuss signings, because I feel it has to be kept in mind giving the massive challenge of getting through this season.

What you suggest could happen and could be a way to do it, but I get the impression that the manager won't be loaning either player out 

That's how to have a discussion, not trying to discredit someone because you don't like what they say by claiming that making a post on a football forum is somehow a 'hissy fit'.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hissy fit? Can you please point out where this has happened? 

I'll keep raising the issue of finance when folk discuss signings, because I feel it has to be kept in mind giving the massive challenge of getting through this season.

What you suggest could happen and could be a way to do it, but I get the impression that the manager won't be loaning either player out 

That's how to have a discussion, not trying to discredit someone because you don't like what they say by claiming that making a post on a football forum is somehow a 'hissy fit'.

You might be blind to it but Chicken Wing has highlighted to you a few posts above about your dismissive comment about signing 5 players and you were wrong.

You then picked me up about splashing the cash on a defender and responded by dismissively saying that ''there's no cash to splash'' We then signed Mayo. Wrong again.

Your snippy comment about needing a striker is in the same vain. I now fully expect a new strker as you are normally wrong on these matters.

You know nothing about Pars financial matters clearly, so maybe you need to quit the sneering crap when people suggest a potential area that needs improved.

11 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

You might be blind to it but Chicken Wing has highlighted to you a few posts above about your dismissive comment about signing 5 players and you were wrong.

You then picked me up about splashing the cash on a defender and responded by dismissively saying that ''there's no cash to splash'' We then signed Mayo. Wrong again.

Your snippy comment about needing a striker is in the same vain. I now fully expect a new strker as you are normally wrong on these matters.

You know nothing about Pars financial matters clearly, so maybe you need to quit the sneering crap when people suggest a potential area that needs improved.

I've never once claimed to know the club's finances. I don't have 'sources' etc. What I do know is that the club made a significant the season before last and were struggling to break even last season (because they've publically said so). With income massively reduced, questions need to be asked how they are affording decent players and how they are affording to have a large squad. If there's a good answer then fine, but aurelt you can see the concern about signing more players when all clubs will have severely stretched finances, with talk of many struggling to survive.

The numbers aren't adding up for me, so I'll continue to raise the issue of finances until they do. It might be that the German group are funding this, but if so it should be made clear.

Guest Axle Grease
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

But does that take in to account that there will almost certainly be no fans in grounds until the new year at the earliest, with the possibility of none at all?

Worth watching the interview with the German gentlemen. 

They've demonstrated their commitment by providing equity to allow the club to prepare for the season(s) ahead. 

One thing that attracted them to the club was that we were being managed prudently from a financial perspective. They're stressed they aren't about throwing cash at the club though, they talk about long term sustainability and their longer term commitment.

They come across well and also acknowledge the scepticism of the Scottish football fan.

We just need to trust them and the current Board I suppose, to get this right and see us climb back up to the top league. 

They mentioned the need for proper training facilities which is an excellent initiative in my opinion. I'm actually excited about that.