Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Anyone else concerned about the future of the club?

With potentially no crowds at all this season, that seems like an insurmountable funding gap.

I believe the board budgeted on the basis that there would be no crowds at first, but think they did expect them to come back for at least January onward (although I don't know if that's been officially confirmed). 

The fact is that there will be a huge shortfall, and I'm concerned about the future of the club because of this.

I know the obvious answer is that the German lads would plug the gap, but are they willing and indeed able to do so?

With potentially no crowds at all this season, that seems like an insurmountable funding gap.
I believe the board budgeted on the basis that there would be no crowds at first, but think they did expect them to come back for at least January onward (although I don't know if that's been officially confirmed). 
The fact is that there will be a huge shortfall, and I'm concerned about the future of the club because of this.
I know the obvious answer is that the German lads would plug the gap, but are they willing and indeed able to do so?
In the same boat, largely, as anybody else. Maybe an argument to be had that we shouldn't have signed the players we have with all this uncertainty around. I do genuinely think with the new investors we'll be in a better footing than others but I guess only time will tell.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I’m guessing that all players have a covid related clause in their contract. If games stop then I guess we could release them. 
Hope that they didn’t budget for October crowds, that would be optimistic.

13 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Every football fan in the country should be worried. Our game is heading for disaster. I would say we're in a better position than a few but will still struggle this winter.

Agreed, I can see this ending up with fans having to organise fund raising activities to save their clubs from going bust  if this goes on for much longer. I hope it doesn't get to that stage though.

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I’m guessing that all players have a covid related clause in their contract. If games stop then I guess we could release them. 
Hope that they didn’t budget for October crowds, that would be optimistic.

No chance that'll be in players contracts. Hopefully clubs will have budgeted with the chance of No fans in stadiums this year or some could be in bother.... 

There's absolutely no way that Raith never mind any other club in this division have factored in no fans at all this season: you would see an enormous drop in the quality and size of playing squads if they were equipping for such a huge loss of revenue. What they might expect to happen now and what their budget is actually equipped for are not the same thing. 

I think we'll have sold around the 2000 mark so far. At a push we could get 2500 before the season starts, but I'd say around 2300 is probably going to be the realistic amount as there is no guarantee this season will even be able to be completed not to mention fans getting in to games. Some folk just cba with the whole online viewing thing and would rather attend games. A lot haven't even got the money. 

Really isn't good tbh for us as we probably would have got 3000+ sold in normal circumstances imo. 

The investor backing will probably help bridge that gap this season you'd imagine. 

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I think we'll have sold around the 2000 mark so far. At a push we could get 2500 before the season starts, but I'd say around 2300 is probably going to be the realistic amount as there is no guarantee this season will even be able to be completed not to mention fans getting in to games. Some folk just cba with the whole online viewing thing and would rather attend games. A lot haven't even got the money. 

Really isn't good tbh for us as we probably would have got 3000+ sold in normal circumstances imo. 

The investor backing will probably help bridge that gap this season you'd imagine. 

Will they also bridge the gap in lost matchday revenue?

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's absolutely no way that Raith never mind any other club in this division have factored in no fans at all this season: you would see an enormous drop in the quality and size of playing squads if they were equipping for such a huge loss of revenue. What they might expect to happen now and what their budget is actually equipped for are not the same thing. 

Watch our chairmans interview sounds like we are relying on Raith TV and fans signing up to get through the season. He doesnt think its cost effective for us to open a stadium with 300 or 500 fans allowed in.