Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hard not to smile while watching that interview. McArthur seems genuinely excited about it all and it’s encouraging to hear that it all started about 9 months ago, so there’s been plenty time for any doubts or concerns to be clarified and for McArthur and the board to have made a deeply informed decision.

We all raised an eyebrow at the time when we were dishing out 3 year contracts and getting guys like Whittaker in, now we know why.

Wonder if we’ll get any Germans in this season or any of Thomas Meggle’s contacts in Africa? Exciting stuff.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Hard not to smile while watching that interview. McArthur seems genuinely excited about it all and it’s encouraging to hear that it all started about 9 months ago, so there’s been plenty time for any doubts or concerns to be clarified and for McArthur and the board to have made a deeply informed decision.

Makes one wonder if there is an angle regarding the whole Brexit mess. How would the German’s actually owning a club impact their ability to bring in or move out some player(s) from/to the EU or such versus if they didn’t hold ownership? If their goal is development, there must be an angle.

Guest Axle Grease

Ross McArthur was smart and astute enough to orchestrate a takeover at this club. That wasn't easy given the opposition. 

He's a self made man.

He's proven to be an effective leader at EEP as Chairman.

He's not infallible but he is more than capable.

He is also a man where morals and decency are at the core of everything he does at EEP.

Whatever happens in the future I think (through time) he'll be recognised as being one of the most important fans ever to have sat on our Board in the long history of this club.

No doubt he's done due diligence to death with this deal and the people involved. Top man. 

2 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Ross McArthur was smart and astute enough to orchestrate a takeover at this club. That wasn't easy given the opposition. 

He's a self made man.

He is also a man where morals and decency are at the core of everything he does at EEP.

Whatever happens in the future I think (through time) he'll be recognised as being one of the most important fans ever to have sat on our Board in the long history of this club.

No doubt he's done due diligence to death with this deal and the people involved. Top man. 

^^ Ross McArthur imo

Spoiler

But seriously he is an impressive figure and incredibly important asset to the club

2 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

He's a self made man.

Hiya Ross! Hiya pal!

Have to say that I disagree with the narrative being spun that as a fan owned club that we've reached a glass ceiling as to where we're at. Numerous incorrect decisions over the years have led us to staying in the league for what will be a 5th season. It's very achievable to gain promotion with the resources we've had available.

Have to say that I disagree with the narrative bring spun that as a fan owned club that we've reached a glass ceiling as to where we're at. Numerous incorrect decisions over the years have led us to staying in the league for what will be a 5th season. It's very achievable to gain promotion with the resources we've had available.

Yeah. Appointing shite manager after shite manager has probably played its part in keeping you treading water. I wouldn’t know for sure but it seems to me it isn’t as if Livingston or Hamilton have access to riches beyond Dunfermline as a fan owned club. Whether these new owners have good intentions is one thing, whether they are competent is another. Your man Meggle had a spell as St Pauli manager, not sure what the club was like at the time but he only lasted 13 games, and only won 2 of those. Even managing the reserves he lost more games than he won.

On 01/09/2020 at 22:49, Have some faith in Magic said:

I am enjoying the pant wetters on .net who are convinced these guys want to knock down the stadium and build houses. 

Now this could all go very badly wrong but I doubt their cunning plan is to build loads of Häuser

Eta: for avoidance of doubt, HC does not consider the investors to be a bunch of Nazis.

Edited by Hedgecutter

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Your man Meggle had a spell as St Pauli manager, not sure what the club was like at the time but he only lasted 13 games, and only won 2 of those. Even managing the reserves he lost more games than he won.

Which of course means f**k all in terms of how competent they will be as club owners.

54 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Have to say that I disagree with the narrative being spun that as a fan owned club that we've reached a glass ceiling as to where we're at. Numerous incorrect decisions over the years have led us to staying in the league for what will be a 5th season. It's very achievable to gain promotion with the resources we've had available.

Aye, if McManus had squared it to Aird... 

Ross has been a good chairman but he's made quite a few mistakes with regards to managers in the past. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, if McManus had squared it to Aird... 

Ross has been a good chairman but he's made quite a few mistakes with regards to managers in the past. 

He has? 

There was Allan Johnston who, by all accounts, was fine. Won us promotion straight away and we've been established at Championship level since. Underachieved? Yeah, probably.  

Stevie Crawford. Has had some horrific results in the cup competitions and at times has really looked out of his depth. Despite that, can spot a player and I think we all genuinely believe we have what it takes to be pushing near the top this season. 

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He has? 

There was Allan Johnston who, by all accounts, was fine. Won us promotion straight away and we've been established at Championship level since. Underachieved? Yeah, probably.  

Stevie Crawford. Has had some horrific results in the cup competitions and at times has really looked out of his depth. Despite that, can spot a player and I think we all genuinely believe we have what it takes to be pushing near the top this season. 

Yes, he has. 

We weren't a success in our first season back up, scraping into the playoffs and then getting knocked out in the first round wasn't great either, despite that we then offered AJ a two year deal, I'd have personally have parted ways then, at the very most though I would've offered a one year deal. As it was 6 months into this 2 year deal we had to punt him. 

We then gave Crawford the job without opening it up to applicants, or even giving Crawford a trial run to see if he was upto much, I love the man but that wasn't the correct choice IMO, of course it might have been necessary due to the fact we were still having to pay off AJ...

Was RM chairman when we appointed Potter? 

Garmony I believe. 

I agree with the assessment of AJ's contract and a 2 year deal being given was a big risk. But he was absolutely the right man for the job initially we can all agree? 

I'm happy with the Crawford appointment on the whole (subject to change at any time).

27 minutes ago, spot on said:

Good to see all this hysteria and excitement going about, not seen anything like it since Anelka arrived at Starks Park🙄

Don't think we'll be getting rid of a full squad and replacing them with Fussbal-playing diddies from the 6th tier of Germany tbh. 

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Garmony I believe. 

I agree with the assessment of AJ's contract and a 2 year deal being given was a big risk. But he was absolutely the right man for the job initially we can all agree? 

I'm happy with the Crawford appointment on the whole (subject to change at any time).

Oh absolutely, that summer he was my number one choice for getting us out of that division.