Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease

Nicky Clark was a success with us. He's a more than competent striker and among our best in recent times. He was subjected to some sh*te at times by an element of our support. 

Smith was great in a few games but then showed little to nothing for us after.

Can see arguments for perhaps giving him more time/opportunities as he was still young but can also see that perhaps he wasn't going to cut it anyway.

I know he plays in the Premiership now and hope he does well, but think that's a bit mental.

Anyway, a problem with youth development is that changing managers can often mean they don't like certain players and so won't play them. If Allan Johnston was punted sooner then perhaps Smith would have gotten mote game time for example. Maybe not of course.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, DAFC. said:
Stuart Morrison was guff as well. Got the pish ripped right out him against Dundee United. 

Week before he was arguably MOTM at Parkhead.

Nah, Lewis Martin surely? 

Stuart Morrison wasn't awful, he also wasn't upto being a championship centre half. 

Morrison was horrific against United and never recovered from that but Smith was a different scenario. There is no issue with dropping a player for another but he was never given another chance after that. That is a complete bombing and awful man management. Can't have done the boys heed any good after the start he had made to the season to then find himself totally out of the picture through no fault of his own as his performances didn't drop in the period he was getting starts. 

Week before he was arguably MOTM at Parkhead.

Lewis Martin by far had the best performance that day. We didn’t have any performances under 9/10 right enough.

Guest Axle Grease
4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Smith was great in a few games but then showed little to nothing for us after.

Can see arguments for perhaps giving him more time/opportunities as he was still young but can also see that perhaps he wasn't going to cut it anyway.

I know he plays in the Premiership now and hope he does well, but think that's a bit mental.

Anyway, a problem with youth development is that changing managers can often mean they don't like certain players and so won't play them. If Allan Johnston was punted sooner then perhaps Smith would have gotten mote game time for example. Maybe not of course.

Bit harsh but for me, Smith hasn't done enough with the opportunities afforded him.

Pars, Alloa, Arbroath (Airdrie maybe aside) he's had the ground to prove himself on a development progression perspective. 

41 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

Bit harsh but for me, Smith hasn't done enough with the opportunities afforded him.

Pars, Alloa, Arbroath (Airdrie maybe aside) he's had the ground to prove himself on a development progression perspective. 

I'd agree but can see how others may think differently.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Gill was absolutely gubbins last season tbf. 

Would anyone be complaining about these players if they weren't youth products? 

Aye, folk are desperate for one of our own to make it they ignore their flaws.  Williamson is the perfect example. Hyped like f**k and as soon as he goes to another club they see right through his flaws.  The fact that apart from Martin who is still here the only ones who have achieved anything are smith and millen getting very small amounts of game time in the premiership. 

Lack of game time at 19/20 isn’t where our youth system is failing.

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hopefully Ross' interview alleviates concerns. I think it's a good interview and I'm glad he's continuing as chairman

https://youtu.be/WRb_crzhna8

Says we won’t be signing Messi.

Raging😡😡😡

Ross seems 100% convinced by this.  Never seen him so happy. He's never come across as a guy who gets carried away and full of hyperbole but hear him say that he's ''had to pinch himself'' sounds very encouraging.

Edited by Chubbychops