Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Yeah I fail to see what's in it for them. But let's see how it plays out.

Maybe a wee challenge to take a club with bigger potential from mid table championship club to established Premiership club. Bit like a rich man's game of FM. Of course it will create suspicion, but the way they are looking to implement the investment makes me a bit more comfortable with their intentions.

There are a lot of restrictions put in place from the current board that stops asset strippers coming in a raping the club. No way the current board would give this the go ahead with out being confident that this is the best for DAFC.

Must say I’m not entirely comfortable with this.  I do trust the board wouldn’t have done the deal with confidence it was the right thing for the club but this could certainly go wrong and I’m far more worried about that than I am excited about the success that could happen if this goes well.

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Must say I’m not entirely comfortable with this.  I do trust the board wouldn’t have done the deal with confidence it was the right thing for the club but this could certainly go wrong and I’m far more worried about that than I am excited about the success that could happen if this goes well.

I think the q&a document sets out pretty clearly that to run a club solely from the supporters pocket is extremely difficult especially in the championship. This investment will hopefully secure the football club for many many years

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think the q&a document sets out pretty clearly that to run a club solely from the supporters pocket is extremely difficult especially in the championship. This investment will hopefully secure the football club for many many years

Yes but at what potential cost of it goes tits up and they decide to pull the plug once they are majority owners and have the keys to East End?

Anyone else thinking back to when Romanov invested in Hearts? Hopefully we don’t end up with a load of German Sunday league players being shipped over!

Seems as though the investors have good intentions but like any business investment they’re going to want a ROI surely? That’s what worries me.

We’re the fans even consulted on this though? Seems pretty poor if they weren’t.

Anyone else thinking back to when Romanov invested in Hearts? Hopefully we don’t end up with a load of German Sunday league players being shipped over!

Seems as though the investors have good intentions but like any business investment they’re going to want a ROI surely? That’s what worries me.

Crawford must be on a shoogly peg now, if he wasn’t already. You’d think they’ll want their own man in.