Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Cardle will get a concourse.  So you can cut inside...

End of the month/ start of September according to Crawford in the OFW interview. Date depends on if we play in the first round of fixtures in the league cup.    As far as I can see we had 4 weeks pre-season before the betfred fixtures last year and seemed ok for fitness then which will be about the same this year, maybe a few days longer.   Will be interesting to see where players base fitness levels are compared to normal years.  It’s going to be a challenge for every club getting their schedule right.

Fair enough. Surprised me if Morton are going back before anyone, wouldn't have thought there was a chance they would jump a second before they had to. We literally just took our manager off furlough a few days ago.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
7 hours ago, Axle Grease said:
Paton stayed away from EEP for a few year after he felt he had been treated unfairly by a previous regime.
Different now of course and always good to see him at the ground. 
A thoroughly decent man. 
I'd love to see a Stand names after him specifically. 

Which regime?

Presumably he means Masterton and Yorkston. 

We've got to be in with a chance of a right good season. Teams like Queens don't even have a squad yet and will be scrambling around at the last minute. We're almost finished by the sounds of things.

Anything other than a top 3 finish is a failure in my eyes.

Saw Ross Millen plugging away for Killie yesterday against Celtic. Always felt he go too much stick. Stepped up a few times with goals when we were really going down the pan and took on lots of responsibility for such a young player. The way JJ set the team up totally hung him out to dry at times. He'd pick up the ball and everyone would either vanish or cluster waiting on a long diagonal ball (which are/were easy to defend against). Looked like he was just following instructions. Pleased for him he is where he's at just now given how low his confidence must have been after leaving. 

Saw Ross Millen plugging away for Killie yesterday against Celtic. Always felt he go too much stick. Stepped up a few times with goals when we were really going down the pan and took on lots of responsibility for such a young player. The way JJ set the team up totally hung him out to dry at times. He'd pick up the ball and everyone would either vanish or cluster waiting on a long diagonal ball (which are/were easy to defend against). Looked like he was just following instructions. Pleased for him he is where he's at just now given how low his confidence must have been after leaving. 
If somehow you could combine williamsons runs and his crosses you would have a world class full back.
You've got a point about him getting exposed. He used to cross from the half way line at times because he knew he'd be left with a job to run back.
Have experienced this playing myself going forward then getting stick when you didn't somehow teleport back when someone else gives the ball away.
The JJ team was a total shambles most of the time.

8 hours ago, King_Kozma said:

Anything other than a top 3 finish is a failure in my eyes.

I’d expect the Pars to be in the top 3 given the pretty impressive business you guys did this summer . The question is will Robertson be able to keep Ict involved after all their player losses , will the Dundee players stay focussed after the pay cut and will Neilson get found out at Hearts .??? All interesting stuff .....

What a set of stones taking that penalty against Forfar in the play offs

42 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

What a set of stones taking that penalty against Forfar in the play offs

Did he take one against Cowdenbeath aswell in the league to give us a solid chance of avoiding the playoffs? 

Did he take one against Cowdenbeath aswell in the league to give us a solid chance of avoiding the playoffs? 

Fairly sure it was Hubby. I was at hospitality that day so it could've been any c**t to be fair

Millen's performance in the 4-1 defeat at home to Morton was one of the worst performances I've seen in a Pars shirt. 

Fair play to the guy getting a gig at Kilmarnock and filling on a couple times a year, personally thought he would playing junior by the time he was 25. There was a myth that he could defend simply because it was the opposite to Williamson. In reality both of them were crap at defending. Millen taking set-pieces at least gave him a purpose and masked over some frailties.