Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Used to have a VHS they put out with all the Euro nights, cup wins etc, bus parade through the town etc. Looked like it was from another lifetime but it was probably only from 20-odd years earlier and now when i think back to games from the mid 90s they are still fresh in the mind. 

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Used to have a VHS they put out with all the Euro nights, cup wins etc, bus parade through the town etc. Looked like it was from another lifetime but it was probably only from 20-odd years earlier and now when i think back to games from the mid 90s they are still fresh in the mind. 

Gap between now and the 95/96 season is almost as big as between 95/96 and 68 Cup win.

Mental.

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I wasn't at the 68 final, but my oldest brother was. When i sent the article to him yesterday he replied with some stories about the goings on behind the scene that night and beyond  - both good and not so good.  He's friendly with one of the players from 68 and, like any team, you only know what the club officially want you to know.  

Great to see the photos though.

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Kevin O'Hara please. 

13 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

O'Hara

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Aye, O'Hara for sure.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’d be interested. Agree with the above posts that we should go for O’Hara.

What's all this? I thought the purpose was to go for a jobber?

Not that Fenton (JESUS CHRIST!) is necessarily a jobber mind. Would need to see him play to make that call.

Is there really a total jobber in our squad? Most are established Pars squad players or new signings. Could say Edwards but he's only a young guy and will make mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Is there really a total jobber in our squad? Most are established Pars squad players or new signings. Could say Edwards but he's only a young guy and will make mistakes. 

McGill, although that's a good point about lack of jobbers.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's all this? I thought the purpose was to go for a jobber?

Not that Fenton (JESUS CHRIST!) is necessarily a jobber mind. Would need to see him play to make that call.

I was thinking that with the lack of jobbers, go for a player that might not necessarily be Mr popular at the moment, think O'Hara suits that the most. 

1 minute ago, VinnyPar said:

Does anyone know when pre season starts? I noticed hearts are back training.

Start of September would be my guess. I imagine a lot of teams are holding off as late as they can to save bringing players and staff off of furlough.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

You can even go more recent,  there’s now teenagers who have little concept of how big the hardie free kick was.  A generation being raised on a diet of relegations, league 1 and play-off defeats. Sakes

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

You can even go more recent,  there’s now teenagers who have little concept of how big the hardie free kick was.  A generation being raised on a diet of relegations, league 1 and play-off defeats. Sakes

Here's some stats.

We've played in the top league in every decade since the 1950s.

Apart from the 1960s, we've won promotion to the top league every decade since the 1950s. We spent the entire 1960s in the top league.

Talking of the 1960s, here's an interesting league table:

Screenshot_20200807-180653_Opera.thumb.jpg.7c0de8934964cb68eace7e245db3c58c.jpg