Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:
Doohan has gone to county.

Not yet, Celtic still short on the goalie front so he'll be staying put until a new keeper is brought in I'd imagine.

If they start the season with Bain then they don't want to win 10 in a row

Not yet, Celtic still short on the goalie front so he'll be staying put until a new keeper is brought in I'd imagine.

He played for them as a trialist the other day and Celtic are having their new guy in for a medical tomorrow apparently.

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:
Doohan has gone to county.

He has gone, he's just not been officially registered yet. He played for County in their friendly at the weekend. He certainly won't be going anywhere else so he's irrelevant in terms of discussion here. He's going to County or he's staying at Celtic.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

McDonald would've been my number one choice, after that it's just much of muchness really, Rodgers? The ex Aberdeen keeper is still trying his hand at finding a Premier league club as second choice. 

I think he's fine, we're stronger than Scully and Gill so that's good. I noticed a few weeks ago, but there's a good few clubs looking for a goalkeeper in the championship. Dundee, Ayr, Morton and QoTS will all be looking, as well as us. That's allot of teams fishing in a very, very shallow pool. 

41 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’d be content with OFW as said there’s a mad scramble for competent goalkeepers at this level and the clubs who don’t secure one of the known guys available will be in big trouble.

Yep, there's a real dearth of obvious available goalkeepers of any note out there at the moment. You have presumably got 5 Championship clubs looking for a 1st choice keeper including you until Fon Williams officially signs anyway. Dundee still have Jack Hamilton but clearly he wasn't 1st choice latterly so they'll want someone else. We still have Jack Leighfield too who was our number 2 last season and has about 30 first team appearances and is 22 now so he's not a completely untried rookie. If we end up going with him as first choice it won't be the end of the world at all. Likewise Ayr still have the possibility of retaining Hare-Reid but only if they make it clear he's going to start games. I don't think Morton have a senior keeper at all at the club do they?

If Fon Williams is staying in Scotland he's about the best out there. Scully is still a free agent presumably? I take it Ramsbottom from Morton will have gone back to England? I'd be surprised if Ross Stewart isn't made available for loan again by Livingston too since they have about 4 keepers on staff now and McCrorie is clearly going to be the number 1. With McCrorie and Doohan heading into the Premiership on loan are there any obvious younger OF keepers looking for experience? Kieran Wright at Rangers is the obvious one who has had a couple of loan spells in the lower leagues already. Not sure if anyone else in the top division has a third choice keeper who might be allowed out on loan?

Ryan Scully was absolutely fantastic for us in League 1. Player of the year two years in a row. He’s clearly absolutely dung at any decent level in this country. He’s probably a total pie for that level now having been ridiculed for the majority of his time playing in Premiership/Championship.

On 27/07/2020 at 23:14, da_no_1 said:

This is definitely true. We also tipped cars & mugged grannies on our way home.

Quite possible true Also as you’d done that on Links Street Not too long ago when in Kirkcaldy too

Not sure what the issue is. The alternative is that then Inverness fans need to travel midweek. There's no way of sorting that. One set of fans will have to travel midweek. 

That's assuming fans are allowed in by then.

It's only a once or twice a season thing as well.