Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease

Kelty: who even knows where that is. "tap end eh the Meedies, neebur". 

Alloa, great place. Do my messages there every week. I think it should be moved into Fife. Move the borders now! 

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Can't say I'm thrilled at this but we'll see. He didn't fill me with confidence from what I saw.

When you look around the GK market at our level, there's not a lot going around, so I can see why Stevie has taken this option.

Also not filled with confidence, but there appears to be a lack of options. Some of the goals we conceded he looked slow to get down to and I can't think of any saves that actually felt like they won us points. But he seems to enjoy it with us and there are worse goalies out there. 

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Also not filled with confidence, but there appears to be a lack of options. Some of the goals we conceded he looked slow to get down to and I can't think of any saves that actually felt like they won us points. But he seems to enjoy it with us and there are worse goalies out there. 

Every save he made in games we didn't lose won us points technically.

Edited by DA Baracus

for those not enamoured with the signing, who else would you like that's available?

He’s 100% best option I can think of that is readily available. International caps, played at the highest level, plenty of experience. What more do you want? Because a couple of people up in the Wickerman part of Scotland think he’s a diddy?

Which resulted in Thistle being relegated.

Don’t know how that would have worked given they would have been level on points with QoS and it was based on points per game.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

for those not enamoured with the signing, who else would you like that's available?

If you read my post, I stated that I understand why he's being signed,  as there not a lot of GKs going at our level and price range. Also quite a few club in our division looking for goalkeepers this season. Still doesn't change my feeling on his ability as a goalkeeper.  He's a best of a bad bunch signing.

If you read my post, I stated that I understand why he's being signed,  as there not a lot of GKs going at our level and price range. Also quite a few club in our division looking for goalkeepers this season. Still doesn't change my feeling on his ability as a goalkeeper.  He's a best of a bad bunch signing.
I wasnt being snippy, genuinely no sure on who's available and who's not

McDonald would've been my number one choice, after that it's just much of muchness really, Rodgers? The ex Aberdeen keeper is still trying his hand at finding a Premier league club as second choice. 

I think he's fine, we're stronger than Scully and Gill so that's good. I noticed a few weeks ago, but there's a good few clubs looking for a goalkeeper in the championship. Dundee, Ayr, Morton and QoTS will all be looking, as well as us. That's allot of teams fishing in a very, very shallow pool.