Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Euphoric stuff at home to Dundee, absolutely unreal game.

Tannadice is stuff of legends.

Killie away nearly undid the whole fucking thing and if Jim Jefferies hadn't taken off Boyd and Naismith (maybe just Boyd?) they'd have ripped us 10-0 and relegating us. Biggest support we've probably ever taken to Rugby Park and they utterly shat all over it. 

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Killie away nearly undid the whole fucking thing and if Jim Jefferies hadn't taken off Boyd and Naismith (maybe just Boyd?) they'd have ripped us 10-0 and relegating us. Biggest support we've probably ever taken to Rugby Park and they utterly shat all over it. 

It was Naismith who did the damage, he was only a bairn but he destroyed us in the first half.

The big rumour was that Jim Jefferies told his players to take it easy. Think 7-0 would have seen us down and it was absolutely on course.

I was fucking furious at full time. Folk were clapping the team off and I was raging, jumping about and shouting like a fanny and telling the entire team to f**k off.

Just remembered, Davie Hay played Andy Tod upfront and let Brewster leave. Sigh.

The big rumour was that Jim Jefferies told his players to take it easy. Think 7-0 would have seen us down and it was absolutely on course.

I was fucking furious at full time. Folk were clapping the team off and I was raging, jumping about and shouting like a fanny and telling the entire team to f**k off.

Just remembered, Davie Hay played Andy Tod upfront and let Brewster leave. Sigh.

Brewster took the managers job at Caley Thistle iirc

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Brewster took the managers job at Caley Thistle iirc

He did, as player manager. 

However the club could have refused permission. He only lasted a year and then went on to play for 4 other clubs after being punted from Inverness. Plus I'm pretty sure they let him go for nothing.

Edited by DA Baracus

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Let's forget that night in Perth please. 

I can't even think what this was, if you're on about Davie Hay.

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Let's forget that night in Perth please. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pars had to play their Uefa cup tie in Perth in 2004 as we had a plastic pitch. We got knocked out after losing two late goals.

What type of CH is Lee Ashcroft exactly? Is he a ball-playing type, a dominant in the air/old style CH - What's his strengths and weaknesses? I've noted before that some of you have said he's not really a 'leader' type, is that accurate?

What type of CH is Lee Ashcroft exactly? Is he a ball-playing type, a dominant in the air/old style CH - What's his strengths and weaknesses? I've noted before that some of you have said he's not really a 'leader' type, is that accurate?
He was a young captain, wasn't suited to the role. Is best led by a more intelligent center half and can be caught flat footed at times. Still, handy at this level, decent in the air and will fight hard. Scored a replica of Zidane'a goal at Hampden also.

Just now, Stellaboz said:
7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was a young captain, wasn't suited to the role. Is best led by a more intelligent center half and can be caught flat footed at times. Still, handy at this level, decent in the air and will fight hard. Scored a replica of Zidane'a goal at Hampden also.

:(

We're still linked but we've got defenders like that ten a penny. Jordan McGhee - Cracking CH, but slightly small in stature. Even better when someone is leading him through. Jordon Forster - Big dumpling of a CH that is a potential beast at this level as he slowly started to look when he had Berra telling him exactly what to do and when to do it.

If we sign Ashcroft it sounds like he'll be another very competent CH at this level but still be the blind leading the blind.