Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Edit - For every Dom Thomas and Greg Kiltie, there’s a Dylan Duncan and Josh Coley.

The moral of the story is don't sign young duds from the English league. 

The extreme example of that strategy  is still floundering about the league below. Shame. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Man, I’d forgotten Josh Edwards existed. Now I’m getting flashbacks of the Alloa game at EEP where he melted his career.

I though he was doing okay until that game hopefully he can put that behind him and prove himself next year

I have a relative that supports Airdrie and didn’t see anything in him to suggest he could make the step-up.

New signing to be announced soon according to Twitter. Goalkeeper or Blair Alston IMO.

Wilson is a good player - he was unfortunate at Killie in that he was trying to break into what has consistently been one of the best midfields in the country over the last three seasons, and therefore didn't get the chance to play much. I think most of our fans would have liked to keep him, but he wants to play regular football and he was never going to get that with Dicker, Power and El Makrini all still under contract.

He can be a bit slow and lumbering but he's good on the ball and very strong physically. Think about a slightly more mobile and more talented Nat Wedderburn and you're probably not far off.

Edited by craigkillie

What you’re saying he is our new designated ‘keep the ball in the corner and fight off 3 wee team players in stoppage time?’

52 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Not overly familiar with the name, but if you're able to stay as a first team player and have managed to make 50+ appearances in Kilmarnock's midfield in recent years then that's a credit to him.

Sounds like a physical foil for Kyle Turner.

In fairness, 20 of those appearances were in the Lee Clark/Lee McCulloch season before we started to get good, and he did play some games at centre-half and right back.

Not overly familiar with the name, but if you're able to stay as a first team player and have managed to make 50+ appearances in Kilmarnock's midfield in recent years then that's a credit to him.
Sounds like a physical foil for Kyle Turner.
Yeah, if we can get a system where a big boy wins the ball and releases turner and others then it would be good.
Called it a few pages back along with a few others that turner needs protection or not played as a solo midfielder. Hes talented but needs to be given more space.
Hoping this works well.

Reckon OFTW will sign tomorrow or soon.

Crawford saying in recent interview that he wants to address one area of pitch and that’s us pretty much done. Pretty obvious that it’ll be a goalkeeper. Then after that any additions to strengthen the squad will be loan singings.