Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease

Kozma, simply an enigma. 

George O'Boyle was a better signing at that time. 

Hamish French is a legend. 

Cardle deserves recognition for sure. However he is past his best now and I wouldn't like to see him return and really struggle. 

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Crawford said in one of his interviews that reserve football would be very difficult to run next season.  Several clubs are just about completely binning their academies.  Maybe have the odd bounce game but that will be about it.

Didn’t know, wonder if that effects Shields?

To be brutally honest I’m not sure apart from McCann that any of the reserves are better than the players we let go. Hope they  progress but without a reserve or youth league they will be bench fillers at best.

Still need four or five signings. We have two central midfielders really, perhaps Murray is three. Loan system will be handy.

I never saw Kozma play but friends who have speak highly of him. I don't doubt he was a quality player and if folk wish to class him as a legend then fine.

Likewise if folk wish to say Cardle was a legend then fine. I would rate him as such due to what I mentioned previously. Think inferring that he's just a 'badge kisser' is way off and he has a genuine like for the club.

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Didn’t know, wonder if that effects Shields?

To be brutally honest I’m not sure apart from McCann that any of the reserves are better than the players we let go. Hope they  progress but without a reserve or youth league they will be bench fillers at best.

Still need four or five signings. We have two central midfielders really, perhaps Murray is three. Loan system will be handy.

Five signings seems a bit crazy. What kind of money do you think the club has and why do you think they should be spunking it on a bloated squad during the tightest financial times since the recession, baring in mind that income will be significantly down across all revenue streams? 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Five signings seems a bit crazy. What kind of money do you think the club has and why do you think they should be spunking it on a bloated squad during the tightest financial times since the recession, baring in mind that income will be significantly down across all revenue streams? 

Had no idea about the reserve league but still think we need four or five. Keeper, two midfielders and a striker/winger.

Will be surprised if we don’t sign at least three.  Not saying they all need to be top class expensive signings.

Edited by D.A.F.C

We definitely need a keeper and at least on central midfielder I reckon. 

Defensively we are well covered in all positions. 

Out wide Thomas can play both sides, Turner can play left as a back up and we obviously have Dow on the right. Even McManus can play wide if need be. 

Up front we should be okay? McCann is someone I think could be a player given a chance. McGill....should be used as a goal-stanchion.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Had no idea about the reserve league but still think we need four or five. Keeper, two midfielders and a striker/winger.

Will be surprised if we don’t sign at least three.  Not saying they all need to be top class expensive signings.

Again, why do you want a bloated squad? What purpose does that serve? It's a huge waste of money and I'll be pretty annoyed if that happens.

Bookmarked for when we make five further signings!!

Regarding kozma and Cardle there’s no doubt that kozma is a higher calibre of player having played international level and for Liverpool.

Watching them at the pars, even though I was young, I could sense frustration amongst fans at times at kozma and wanting him to win games on his own like the st mirren game. I think Cardle had games like that as well but overall did more per game more regularly than Itsvan.

kozma, better player

Cardle, did more for the pars

Again, why do you want a bloated squad? What purpose does that serve? It's a huge waste of money and I'll be pretty annoyed if that happens.

Don’t see it as bloated, we need quality to bring off the bench. Of course all of this is dependant on cash flow.

Keeper will defiantly happen as will another midfielder of some position. Then two loan deals. This could happen any time until the loan deal system stops. I think you will be annoyed tbh.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Don’t see it as bloated, we need quality to bring off the bench. Of course all of this is dependant on cash flow.

Keeper will defiantly happen as will another midfielder of some position. Then two loan deals. This could happen any time until the loan deal system stops. I think you will be annoyed tbh.

So the younger players will be getting paid to do nothing? What's the point in having them at the club if not to supplement the squad?

The manager said he's looking for a couple more signings but half a team is excessive. The financial reality means we can't have plenty of depth in every position, which is why there are numerous players who can cover multiple positions in the squad.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We'll make at least three more signings. Or we at least need too, wouldn't be shocked with four. 

Given the current circumstances it’s mad that we should be adding so many players.

We need a keeper, a midfielder and a winger ideally.  Sure it would be nice if once we’ve done that we can afford to bring in a better quality of player so we don’t need to use guys like Todd or McCann as often (and maybe players like turner not starting as often) but given the current circumstances I think it’s perfectly fair that we will be playing these guys quite regularly.  

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

A decent goalkeeper for this level is the next priority. Černy, MacDonald, Fôn-Williams, Rogers. Would take any one of them.

Cerny extended his Aberdeen deal, and Rogers is training with Kilmarnock.

What's the point in having 5 or 6 players at the club for central midfield?

Because as it stands we have no quality in central midfield. Turner should be benched from what I've seen. Todd on loan as he's nowhere near good enough as yet. Whittaker may not be able to play every week at 36. Murray will play centre half and isn't a realistic cm option.