Walking Down The Halbeath Road

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

5 or 6 more signings?!

You're absolutely at it with that.

Edit: Unless you mean at least 4 on loan?

Looking below I think we need half a reserve side, Todd, McCann arguably first team reserves. In defence I think we are ok, need a first choice keeper, two midfielders and one forward maybe one more winger. Using the loan system for two or three of them. As said the reserves need more players so will probably see 10 more in altogether. Not all first team. Definitely light in central midfield considering SW is meant to be a coach. 
Don’t think any of this is outrageous but understand we will be limited and perhaps don’t want to offer lots of contracts.

Weve been linked with Nesbitt, OFW and a few others. Would be great to get some more quality signings. A Stephen Bell type like Draper is a priority. Turner can’t be expected to run the midfield and win balls then drive forward. We played him deep last season and I’m not sure it helped his progression tbh.

No.   Position Player
2 Scotland DF Aaron Comrie
3 Scotland DF Tom Lang
4 Scotland DF Lewis Martin
5 Scotland DF Euan Murray
9 England FW Gabby McGill
10 Scotland FW Declan McManus
11 Scotland MF Ryan Dow

No.   Position Player
12 Scotland MF Kyle Turner
20 Scotland GK Cammy Gill
23 Scotland MF Dom Thomas
24 Scotland DF Josh Edwards
Scotland DF Paul Watson
Scotland DF Steven Whittaker
Scotland FW Kevin O'Hara
For recent transfers, see 2020–21 Dunfermline Athletic season.

Reserve teamEdit

Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.

No.   Position Player
18 Scotland DF Paul Allan
19 England DF Matthew Bowman
26 Scotland MF Matty Todd
27 Northern Ireland FW Lewis McCann
31 Scotland

DF

Kieran Swanson

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Looking below I think we need half a reserve side, Todd, McCann arguably first team reserves. In defence I think we are ok, need a first choice keeper, two midfielders and one forward maybe one more winger. Using the loan system for two or three of them. As said the reserves need more players so will probably see 10 more in altogether. Not all first team. Definitely light in central midfield considering SW is meant to be a coach. 
Don’t think any of this is outrageous but understand we will be limited and perhaps don’t want to offer lots of contracts.

Weve been linked with Nesbitt, OFW and a few others. Would be great to get some more quality signings. A Stephen Bell type like Draper is a priority. Turner can’t be expected to run the midfield and win balls then drive forward. We played him deep last season and I’m not sure it helped his progression tbh.

No.   Position Player
2 Scotland DF Aaron Comrie
3 Scotland DF Tom Lang
4 Scotland DF Lewis Martin
5 Scotland DF Euan Murray
9 England FW Gabby McGill
10 Scotland FW Declan McManus
11 Scotland MF Ryan Dow

No.   Position Player
12 Scotland MF Kyle Turner
20 Scotland GK Cammy Gill
23 Scotland MF Dom Thomas
24 Scotland DF Josh Edwards
Scotland DF Paul Watson
Scotland DF Steven Whittaker
Scotland FW Kevin O'Hara
For recent transfers, see 2020–21 Dunfermline Athletic season.

Reserve teamEdit

Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.

No.   Position Player
18 Scotland DF Paul Allan
19 England DF Matthew Bowman
26 Scotland MF Matty Todd
27 Northern Ireland FW Lewis McCann
31 Scotland

DF

Kieran Swanson

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We’re not running reserve sides this year

5291FA77-C685-43E6-9CC9-E8AE3055070A.gif

Guest Axle Grease

Main point for me is, we keep buying the Season Tickets and we've more chance of keeping on improving the squad for this coming season. 

5 or 6 more signings?!
You're absolutely at it with that.
Edit: Unless you mean at least 4 on loan?

Yes, I would imagine we will take advantage of the loan market and not have to pay much, if at all, wages for players that will be used as pretty much squad players or injury cover unless they perform extremely well.

A decent goalkeeper for this level is the next priority. Černy, MacDonald, Fôn-Williams, Rogers. Would take any one of them.

Hopefully Cardle doesn’t sign. Not cut out for even being a sub at this level. He’ll probably end up at Kelty Hearts which would suit him nicely.
Disgusting way to speak about a club legend. Reported.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

There’s no u20s or reserve games at all?

Crawford said in one of his interviews that reserve football would be very difficult to run next season.  Several clubs are just about completely binning their academies.  Maybe have the odd bounce game but that will be about it.

2 minutes ago, King_Kozma said:

Legend? I assume you were born in the 2000’s. Kozma is a legend. The Craw and Brewster are legends. Cardle did a decent job at a lower level.

Condescending pish. Cardle is very much a legend to many people. 

He's a goal away from being in the club's top 10 all time goal scorers. Well over 200 games for the club across three divisions. Unsure why you're so down on him.

He's done far more than Kozma ever did at East End. 

It hard to define what a legend is.  I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder and people have different things they look for in a player. For me, Cardle just went missing too often. I don't really buy into badge kissing types either, just not my kind of personality but I can see why many do love him.

I adored Hamish French. The club has had better players over the years but for me, he was a loyal servant, a good person and a bloody good player for us. No ego about him and a quiet guy who consistently did his talking on the pitch.

Edited by Chubbychops

35 minutes ago, King_Kozma said:

Legend? I assume you were born in the 2000’s. Kozma is a legend. The Craw and Brewster are legends. Cardle did a decent job at a lower level.

Cost over half a million quid and scored less than 10 goals. If he’d had that record for that fee and was called Ian Smith then he’d be considered a flop.

Then got flogged to Liverpool where he’s regarded as one of their worst signings ever. 

Give me Cardle every day of the week and twice on a Saturday.