Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We've had plenty of good keepers since Westie.

Ones I recall are:

Ruitenbeek

Stillie

McGregor

De Vries

Gallacher

Murdoch

Scully (first time around; he won POTY twice)

Of course we've had some pish too.

I can remember watching McGregor play for us but not De Vries.

Really rated Gallacher as a GK as well the first time.

In what way? I dont recall him ever doing anything controversial.

I mind he was a bawhair away from a meltdown at a Boxing Day game, 2016 I think. We won a relatively soft penalty for handball which Rhys McCabe scored.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

I mind he was a bawhair away from a meltdown at a Boxing Day game, 2016 I think. We won a relatively soft penalty for handball which Rhys McCabe scored.

I think I mind that game 16/17 season. 1 each, we scored first then Tony Gallagher took a bit of a rinsing. 

Rogers was always someone I would describe as level headed tbh. I would also say I thought he would have kicked on a bit more than he has. 

22 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Kris Mampaey played a few games for us around 2000. He was decent keeper. Think we tried to sign him on pemanent deal but he turned us down for a Belgian team.

One of Calderwood's first signings, along with Ian Ferguson.

He was a good keeper.

23 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

If there's just one signing this Friday, who would you hope for?

Depends on factor.  Nostalgia wants cardle.   In outright ability I’d want mcginn but he’s probably highly sought after and we already have Whittaker.   In where the squad needs the most cover I’d a want box to box midfielder but nobody immediately springs to mind.

3 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Good goalkeepers hard to come by.

I'd probably just prefer Jamie MacDonald to Owain Fon Williams, but OFW isn't a bad signing either.

The quality of keeper in this division has went downhill fast in the last decade.  OFW is reasonably solid which is a massive improvement on 2019.  MacDonald is a step up from that and I’d be quite happy with him,  unfortunately the marketplace now means I can’t see anyone who would genuinely excite me like being able to bring in Gallagher to play at this level.

Joe Cardle as a squad player/coach would appease a lot of fans and potentially result in more season tickets being bought.

Still sketchy on Turner. I’d actually be hopeful of adding a couple more central midfield players as I don’t think he is the answer and Whittaker won’t be an automatic starter.

Sort that out, as well as a proper goalkeeper, plus a couple more squad players and I think we will have a very good squad indeed. On paper I wouldn’t just be hoping for top 4, I’d be expecting it.

55 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Need a keeper and four or five squad players.
Not sure turner is the answer in midfield but hoping he does better this season.

5 or 6 more signings?!

You're absolutely at it with that.

Edit: Unless you mean at least 4 on loan?

Edited by DA Baracus