Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Need a GK. Probably OK at the back. 

Out wide we have two cracking wingers now but Lewis McCann is about the only other player in the squad that can play wide(not keen on him there). We certainly need another wide player

Central midfield- Turner and Whittaker. I don't rate Turner but he might improve and Whittaker won't play every week imo. Matty Todd is nowhere near first team level yet and will go out on loan I think. I would say we need two central midfielders.

Up front we have a good front two. McCann and McGill as youthful back up but for me we need another.

I think another 5 signings still.

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

On paper we could end up having a very decent starting XI for this league but I can see squad depth being an issue.

That’s only to be expected though, just about every other club will be the same.

Agreed.   It was interesting to see Crawford talk that injury prevention will be a large part of our pre-season program, i suspect he won’t be alone in that thought.   There will be an interesting battle stuck between sports scientists who may focus on outright match day fitness and those who look to build their players so they are less likely to pick up injury that’s going to put them out for 6 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Need a GK. Probably OK at the back. 

Out wide we have two cracking wingers now but Lewis McCann is about the only other player in the squad that can play wide(not keen on him there). We certainly need another wide player

Central midfield- Turner and Whittaker. I don't rate Turner but he might improve and Whittaker won't play every week imo. Matty Todd is nowhere near first team level yet and will go out on loan I think. I would say we need two central midfielders.

Up front we have a good front two. McCann and McGill as youthful back up but for me we need another.

I think another 5 signings still.

Murray can play central midfield too.

5 sounds mental, but if you include 3 of them as loans then it sounds good.

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Murray can play central midfield too.

5 sounds mental, but if you include 3 of them as loans then it sounds good.

Any player can play any position, doesn't mean they necessarily should, wasn't convinced by Murray at centre mid. 

It’ll be interesting to see O’Hara’s interview. If he gives it the massive club patter and genuinely seems ambitious I’m sure he’ll win a lot of people over.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Any player can play any position, doesn't mean they necessarily should, wasn't convinced by Murray at centre mid. 

Technically any player can play anywhere (Westie played upfront once!) but I'm talking about positions where players have at least ability.

Agree that central defence is Murray's best position (although he only played a couple of times there for us) but he has shown he can be a central midfielder. Pretty sure he was solid if unspectacular when he played there, plus he scored a couple of times.

I like that Crawford's signings often can play multiple positions. He really has an eye for a player for the most part.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

It’ll be interesting to see O’Hara’s interview. If he gives it the massive club patter and genuinely seems ambitious I’m sure he’ll win a lot of people over.

Showing some B@lls at the very least knowing full well some fans won't like him for the past misdemeanours , he has a lot of belief for a young lad .

He scored away to Morton, despite it being a tap in. When it's likely to be scrappy with a shit pitch he can fill in just in as a midfielder.

I keep seeing people stating that they want OFW to sign.

I can't remember any good games from him and he didn't look commanding for his height. He screwed up the goal against Partick in our last match, so I'm wondering where all the fanboy stuff is coming from?

Is it because he painted a picture that made the club money?  Must say that being good at art is not a key attribute I look for in a goalkeeper.

12 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I keep seeing people stating that they want OFW to sign.

I can't remember any good games from him and he didn't look commanding for his height. He screwed up the goal against Partick in our last match, so I'm wondering where all the fanboy stuff is coming from?

Is it because he painted a picture that made the club money?  Must say that being good at art is not a key attribute I look for in a goalkeeper.

He’s better than Scully and Gill which is a start.