Euan Murray
Lewis Martin

Ryan Dow
Steven Whittaker (defensive minded)
Blair Alston
Dom Thomas

Declan McManus
Kevin O'Hara

That'd be an absolutely class first XI for this level.

Looking on in envy with these signings. Goals coming from every angle.
Alston is never a centre mid in a 4-4-2. More suited in a three where he can sit as a 10.

Mcmanus and O’Hara for me have very similar playing styles so it’ll be interesting to see how they pair. Looks like Crawfords just signing the best players available without a game plan on how to use them. You love to see it though.

Edited by wee_bairn

Think we’re most likely to play in the 4-3-3 that Crawford played for most of the season.

OFW

Comrie
Watson
Murray
Martin

Whittaker
Turner
Alston(?)

Thomas
McManus
Dow

Think O’Hara most likely to start out as cover/backup. Dow, Thomas and McManus all seem to be ideally suited to play in a front 3, not a 4-4-2. Thomas certainly thrived as a winger, not a wide midfielder. Think Dow and Thomas playing higher up and cutting in will work well with McManus too.

Courier saying that the sell on clause is 30% for Nisbet. We also get money for Hibs getting into Europe and  also cash if  Nisbet gets a Scotland cap. The fee was 250k.

If true that is excellent work from the board.

Best of luck to O'Hara and hope he does really well at Dunfermline.

He was brilliant for Alloa last season and deserves another shot at full-time. Has to be played through the middle IMO, where I think he and McManus could well complement each other.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Courier saying that the sell on clause is 30% for Nisbet. We also get money for Hibs getting into Europe and  also cash if  Nisbet gets a Scotland cap. The fee was 250k.

If that is confirmed then amazing deal by the Board and glad they ignored me to accept a smaller offer.

Dom Thomas is also a terrific signing if he stays fit.

Looking at the players we used from end of January we’ve had the following changes.

OFW- loan end,  rumoured to be returning on permanent deal

Ashcroft, Devine released-  Watson signing and Lang returning from loan as replacement.

Thomas-Loan end, now permanent signing 

Paton released, replacement Whittaker

Beadling and Thomson released, Alston rumoured

Ethan Ross loan end

Afolabi loan end, Nisbet sold.  McManus and O’hara joined.

Obviously not the biggest sample of games, but i don’t think anyone else who has left were getting on the pitch anytime soon.

From that should Alston and OFW join them we can’t be that far from how our squad will look at the start of the season. Add a decent wide option defensive midfield cover and we’ll just about be there.  

Talking of Alston,  would he have been at Falkirk the same time as Crawford? 

Edited by parsforlife

Think there's a really good balance to the squad, with multiple players who can cover various positions (Martin, Murray, Whittaker, Turner, Thomas, Edwards, McCann).

I think there will only be one or two more permanent signings, with a keeper being the priority. Wouldn't be averse to Oh-Ef-Dub returning. Think a winger might be a target too. 

Would imagine that the rest of the squad will be supplemented with the under 20s and loans. Wouldn't mind seeing Ethan Ross back.

Crawford still has much to prove as a manager. He's shown flashes of brilliance (wins against United at home, St Mirren away, Celtic away, Partick everywhere last season, Dundee win at home) but also too many flashes of absolute aching shite (Edinburgh City, Arbroath away twice, the hideous 5 match losing streak and the Stranraer cup game).

However, he seems to be very good in the transfer market.

Gk Signing 

Comrie-Murray-Watson-Martin

Dow-Whittaker-Turner-Thomas

McManus - O'Hara

From looking at that Murray and Martin can cover right back, with Lang stepping in at CB and Edwards at left back so I don't reckon we'll see any new defenders, Gill as the backup keeper with a new one coming in. 

In midfield we have Matty Todd and Paul Allan covering centre mid, reckon we might see one more body come in there. Out wide we have no cover at all so we definitely need another man there. 

Upfront we have McGill and McCann to cover, are they good enough? Who knows but I can't see us signing anyone else. 

So my wishlist is now-

Goalkeeper - I'd still prefer Jamie McDonald however I wouldn't hate to have OFW back. I think he'd be a solid signing 

Centre Mid - I know we're linked with Alston but I really don't know how we'd utilise him or fit him into the team so I'm really not sure, outwith Whittaker we don't have a defensive minded midfielder, I actually think Miller from Falkirk would be a good signing despite knowing little about him, someone that can cover right back and cdm? Aye that'd do. 

Winger-I'd love to have Nesbitt but I don't reckon he would come as a second choice squad player, if he would still? Aye come on down, I could see us filling this spot with a loan player. 

Other names could be Calvin Miller and Joe Cardle I suppose. 

Slight twist on the above,  if we went 4-3-3/4-5-1 then we have the similar defensive options but more likely to need murray(and potentially martin) to step into midfield with Lang coming and we can run with 3 from 4 of Dow, Thomas, o’hara, McManus.  Thomas can play up front and both o’hara/McManus Have shown they can put a shift in on the wing.  That would put less emphasis on signing a winger and more on centre mid,  tho we do have Todd and Allan that play there.

Other random Football manager thoughts,

Sign Mcginn(i still think he’s the one of the best players who will be playing championship this season) and look at a 4-2-3-1 system.

GK

comrie Watson murray martin

Whittaker McGinn

Dow.  Alston.  thomas

O’hara/McManus.

I don’t believe that’s realistic btw,   But would be a v.decent starting 11 with options to adapt to injuries.

On paper we could end up having a very decent starting XI for this league but I can see squad depth being an issue.

That’s only to be expected though, just about every other club will be the same.