Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yup, as I suggested they decided not to mention the incident whatsoever. What I would have done in their shoes tbf.

Not impressed with this signing at all but I understand I may be in the minority.

Screenshot_20200710-131840.png

25 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Not impressed with this signing at all but I understand I may be in the minority.

Is it because of the history between him and the club or is it that you don't think he is very good at football? 

TBH he had a good season in this league and was top scorer behind Nisbet and Shankland. Worth a punt for me. Might be able to strike a good partnership with McManus. 

21 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Is it because of the history between him and the club or is it that you don't think he is very good at football? 

TBH he had a good season in this league and was top scorer behind Nisbet and Shankland. Worth a punt for me. Might be able to strike a good partnership with McManus. 

I’d have been completely meh about the signing if the Shiels incident had never happened. Would think a 3-year-deal was a tad excessive for a player with one good season under his belt though.

It does make me wonder about what a player would have to do for football fans to not welcome them with open arms. Players have done far worse than O’Hara and continued their careers of course but is everything ok provided they don’t commit the cardinal sin of being a bit shite?

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’d have been completely meh about the signing if the Shiels incident had never happened. Would think a 3-year-deal was a tad excessive for a player with one good season under his belt though.

Didnt Kevin Nisbdt have only one good season under his belt when you signed him?

Nisbet has a far superior season - albeit in League One - compared to O’Hara.

10 goals in the Championship is not to be sniffed at right enough. The

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’d say 34 goals in 46 appearances is more than “good” tbh.

That being said, I also was far from convinced he’d be a success either.

Maybe, but he was a level lower where he played for a title chasing side and was kept utterly quiet by Brownlie and Doyle in the playoff final, both legs. He had also failed to impress at Thistle and Dumbarton previously.

O'Hara was very good for an Alloa side at the wrong end of the table last year. He started brightly as a teenager at Falkirk before losing his way a bit. 

Nisbet's a better player but its not that dissimilar. You are investing in potential to improve. Maybe it works, maybe it doesnt.

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’d say 34 goals in 46 appearances is more than “good” tbh.

That being said, I also was far from convinced he’d be a success either.

I think majority of Pars fans felt like this. He's went on to become an absolute beast of a striker. I have no doubt whatsoever he'll do well for Hibs.