Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Ohara been offered a two year deal at Pars. 

Nisbet deal nearly done £ 250.000 over two payments and add ons worth £ 150.000. On a three year deal to Hibs 

Nae bother Walter Mitty.

Ohara been offered a two year deal at Pars. 
Nisbet deal nearly done £ 250.000 over two payments and add ons worth £ 150.000. On a three year deal to Hibs 

Bargain IMO.

Guest Axle Grease
3 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Ohara needs to win over the Pars fans he will score goals guys give him a chance. Cracken lad on and  off the park. The past is behind him look forward to the future 

f**k off Mr Exclusive News. 

Incidentally, top made up previous post neebur. 

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Huge mistake to sign him, will divide the fans. If he doesn't score a barrow load or go off form the few fans who didn't want him will start having a go.
Happened with hippolite. I remember fans cheering when Andy Smith broke his leg in friendly. Pars fans.

Not quite correct re Andy Smith.  He got booed on, and then scored.  I don’t recall any cheering when he broke his leg as it was pretty obvious it was a bad one when it happened.  He was applauded off the park.  

You do have a point tho with the fickleness of fans.  A couple of bad games and O’Hara will be a disablement mocking cretin who shouldn’t be anywhere near our club.  Conversely as he strokes home his 3rd and our 4th against the wee team in our festive thrashing of the Rovers, celebratory memes, clothing ranges and rich video content will be produced, and he will be proclaimed to be the next Kevin Nisbet.  

Good luck to the lad if he signs, but he does need to address that incident right at the start and apologise move on.  Hippolyte didn’t, and I think that didn’t help get him over that gap with the fans from day 1.

Might as well put in a bid for Goodwillie with that attitude.
Yes that's correct I have no morals.

I've also played the horrible nasty game of football and am aware that sometimes football players say and do things during a game in the heat of the moment that are completely out of character and 99 times out of 100 they will instantly regret it. Surely you must understand that. And that the boy doesn't mock blind people in the street? Or disabled people in general?

He made a mistake and apologised. I hope he signs for us and forces you to like him by being good on the park.

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Who

Any striker within budget who hasn't mocked a Dunfermline player for their disability? I think that's probably a fairly wide market to choose from but I confess to not doing intense research.

I am curious how they approach it if he does indeed sign. I'd be tempted to ignore it if I was the club because it just becomes a bigger story if they publish something about it online. 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
You realise just saying there's "heads gone" doesn't make it true?

Just because someone mentioned O Hara doesn't mean we've signed him, do you realize that?

Of course I do. However, by your logic we shouldn't comment on players Dunfermline are rumoured to be signing, which is just daft.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Any striker within budget who hasn't mocked a Dunfermline player for their disability? I think that's probably a fairly wide market to choose from but I confess to not doing intense research

Name a few who have as good a record at this level, or even one around it who would be within our budget if you could. 

He was the joint 3rd highest scorer in this division lady season with 10 goals. The top two of Shankland and Nisbet, won't be in this division and are outwith our reach. The two other players on 10 goals (Forrest and Hemmings) are also unavailable. 

So should we sign someone who scored less goals? McHugh, Dobbie and Trouten all scored 8, McHugh was available I suppose, but why sign a player much older with absolutely no resell value, same for Trouten and Dobbie. 

So we could sign a player from league one I suppose, the top two scorers from last season are Declan McManus who we're signing, and Goodwillie who is unavailable, after them it's a big drop off to the next set who have barely scored more goals at that level, than O'Hara did at this in one of the worst teams. 

Tl;dr- O'Hara is a very good signing, ticks allot of boxes and I genuinely don't think theirs a better striker within our price range who's got as good a goalscoring record at this level. 

I was unaware our options were strictly limited to two Scottish leagues. 

I’d personally rather we didn’t sign him due to the concerns I’ve already raised, even if that meant a weaker player being brought on. I’d rather we kept Smith or Ryan. I’d rather we try and get a young guy on loan from a Premiership club, like we did with Afolabi. Or even one of the hundreds of strikers who will be out of contract down south.

Trying to make it seem like the club had no option but to sign Kevin O’Hara is very bizarre.

Of course I do. However, by your logic we shouldn't comment on players Dunfermline are rumoured to be signing, which is just daft.
Not saying that, but you come across like it's a done deal. Which it clearly isn't right now.

Say one thing about AJ, nobody had a clue about signings until they were in the middle of being interviewed and talking about being a "big club".

Guest Axle Grease

O'Hara I think will have genuine reservations about signing for the Pars. He's a young guy and is well aware how difficult this would be for him. 

I think it'll depend on how good a job Crawford can do of convincing him he can win fans over with his ability. Big test of his mettle. 

If we do sign O’Hara, both he and the club need to address the Shiels incident as soon as possible. It’d leave an extremely bitter taste if both parties just ignored it and hoped nobody remembers him for that.

Even if he does apologise early on, he’d still have a lot of work to do

It’s good that these issues are flagged up anyway. Can’t remember Phil McGuire or Kevin Harper getting too much of a rough ride over their domestic abuse records, for example.

O’Hara At least apologised fully and also talked about how the punishment impacted him. Hopefully he has learned from it and if he does sign it would be good to have the issue addressed right at the start. 

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Trying to make it seem like the club had no option but to sign Kevin O’Hara is very bizarre.

I'm not, we could well have signed a worst player, but in my opinion that is genuinely quite mental, we're a football club ffs! And from a footballing perspective it's a very good signing. 

That's Nizzy away. The Wattery Farts came in with a bid and higher wages, but he wanted to play in the Premiership. All the best to him. Best striker we've had in years. 

Guest Axle Grease

Nisbet away. O'Hara and McManus will be announced soon hopefully. Probably the clubs intention to announce both together.